Pocket Aces in the first hand

byron42

byron42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely and that's a great feeling, but also been taken out immediately by A/rag that catches flush/straight that makes me realize that poker humbles you very quickly when you think you have it all under control. Always wanting to see that flop as cheap as possible from my experience, probably others will disagree.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course there were such tournaments and when I was playing cash I got aces on my first hand. Sometimes I won and sometimes I lost on AA, in each hand differently. AA is the strongest hand preflop in Hold'em, if you do not play AA, then what hand should you use then?) On AA, you always need to enter the game, well, then look at the situation, how many opponents have entered the game with you, which the flop has opened and also pay attention to many other factors in order to successfully play this hand. Even if 1-2 opponents made an all-in in front of you before the flop, you still need to enter the game, but whether you win or lose depends on luck).

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It has happened to me but interestingly enough every single time it did it was a bad tournament for me heh.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for me i say in the end of a toinrnament just before payouts, i call foe a pocket aces or raise or all in and boufff i loose and kicked out. Many times happened to me

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course I had pocket aces ...... but for example such a combination as 7,2 happens much more often. :D

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if that has ever happened to me,probably not,but it would be really nice if I get AA and someone goes all in.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! AA, this is great, I mean that in the $ 0.10 tournament on the first hand with AK I knocked out four players with a set including AA, so AA is not a guarantee of success.
Best regards, Sergei.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe 1 or 2 times in my poker career.
But understandably I prefer All-in winnings much later in the tournament rather than early stages :)

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean in a cash game ??? No , no as far as I can recall in my memory . In tournaments it's a whole different story , there have been times to shove AA very few hands after the game started and get one or more calls , but most of the times AA UTG I get it very early , that is very bad news , many callers will follow , inability to play post flop with many opponents in the hand . I migh make a very big bet to discourage many loose players , or even go All In , who knows , sb my call , if not , better not win more chips oor money , rather than lose everything ;)

Yeah, I was talking about tournament games, forgot to mention that, because it is really a very different story as you said. The most difficult decision in that situation is when you have AA and there are a lot of people all-in and you are knowing that the fold is difficult and your chance is as the other, regardless the fact you have aces.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes AA is broken and you end up crying haha

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament, I got pocket Aces 2 times in a row of my first hands.:)

I immediately all-in 2 times in a row to catch some fish but nobody calls.:(

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had pocket aces more than once at the beginning of the tournament. Of course, you are not always lucky with them in the game. But this is poker and you can't know in advance what card will be on the flop. Sometimes I use them differently. Basically I raise to 4bb.

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really in tournament in play. i have had QQ in a tournament like right when i sat down and got the quick double up.

O

Ottohenrique 12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha very good when it happens, it is very good to start on the right foot

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best hand is very good but it is not 100% winning, you just shouldn't let anyone play and whoever wants to play should pay.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it has happened to me, but if the tournament were slow, I would not play it all in preflop since you never have a 100% chance of winning, in tournaments turn or hyper turbo if I go there the first time

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it happend to me in a home game and i just racked in the money

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went out of a CC freeroll the other day with AA in first hand.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but end up loosing all the time? work that one out

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it has happened to me, but if the tournament were slow, I would not play it all in preflop since you never have a 100% chance of winning, in tournaments turn or hyper turbo if I go there the first time

In the slow tournament, it is very difficult to play them all-in in the first hand, because you know you will have too many opportunities to play various hands during that game, but if someone is all-in, for example in a slow tournament, folding Aces I think is very difficult, especially if there is only one player against you, because you know you have advantage with at least 75-80% chance of winning the hand or more ( depends on the other player two cards.) For sure, if there is no all- in before your turn, it is normal to play them with a bet than putting all the chips all-in.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Have you ever had pocket aces in the first hand and there were 1,2 all-ins to you and you easily call the hand and win it after that?:D
Hundreds of times. In fact it happens to me almost every day!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call for all in for me. High probability of win.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
the player they say not the ccards

i have had several all ins with AA's and lost pre flop.. cooler for days

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands