To play poker, we need luck, aggressiveness, knowledge... what else?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
To play poker, you need intelligence and don't get addicted to the game like a drug addict

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it also takes patience and a lot of perseverance. The person has to have the quality of never giving up.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To learn to go ahead when feel a loser.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
In addition to luck, aggressiveness and knowledge, the following factors are also important in the game of poker:

1.Strategy: Playing poker requires developing a strategy, which can vary depending on various factors such as position at the table, bet sizes, and your opponents' playing style. It is important to be able to adapt to the situation and make rational decisions based on the available information.

2.Psychology: Poker is not only a game of cards, but also a game of interpersonal relationships. The ability to read your opponents, understand their behavior and use psychological tactics can be the key to success. This includes being able to hide your emotions and create a false impression, as well as understanding how your actions can affect other players.

3.bankroll Management: Managing your bankroll effectively is an important aspect of playing poker. This means setting limits on bet sizes, being able to control your losses and winnings, and being able to allocate your resources across different games and tables.

4.Patience and Discipline: The game of poker can be quite unpredictable and it is important to remain patient and disciplined while playing. This means not panicking about bad hands, not making rash decisions and sticking to your strategy throughout the game.

5.Analytical Skills: In poker it is important to be a good analyst and be able to analyze the information available during the game. This includes evaluating the chances of winning, calculating potential bets and predicting opponents' actions based on available data.
All these factors are interconnected and affect your game.

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if we are talking about +- normal limits, then very often logic can greatly increase the level of understanding of the post-flop game, I guess logic is not the last thing in poker. though at micro-limits/freerolls you can forget about it, because there people have the feeling that people do not play poker, but guessing games

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite quote, Good decisions. patience and a little luck.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Patience, which I have a hard time finding these days

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I would also say statistics, since that will help you know your odds

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Definitely a lot of both patience and discipline (Along with many other things of course).

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can add Calculation to the list..
We need patience to play. This is probably the most important thing. Only your patience will allow you to achieve your goal. Skill, experience, luck are all important factors, but without patience you simply cannot realize your potential and achieve success.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To just play poker, this will be enough. In order to play poker well and be a winning player, a person must first of all have patience, discipline and willpower. Without these qualities, a player can win one tournament or play one session with a profit, but at a distance he will be at a loss. In poker, as in ordinary life, the player must first of all work on himself, learn to control his emotions. I think these are the main skills that will lead to success, while knowledge, luck and aggressiveness are secondary skills that are also very necessary in order to become a good player.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a great poker player you first need to have a lot of knowledge at the tables, that means knowing how to play by position, keeping control of your chips, knowing how to dominate the table are many things you need and luck is not that important in poker.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We definitely need luck, and I think that's the most important component. In addition, our chances of success are greatly increased by our skills, experience, patience and of course discipline.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience , tilt and bankroll management , love the game and love to play

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the only important indicator of success is winnings. 50\50

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
80% skill, 20% luck. You can't win without combining both. Cool calculation with a bit of risk works best.

nwntas

nwntas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GR
Chips
concentration and the ability of becoming your own coach

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a healthy bankroll, not to play under pressure!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is necessary that the brain works as much as possible quickly analyzes and can apply the information received to make the right decisions.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Beyond factors like luck, aggressiveness, and knowledge, I believe that self-restraint is one of the most crucial elements when it comes to playing poker, particularly in a tournament setting. Self-restraint has been a challenge for me personally, and I've often found myself busting out of tournaments before reaching the money.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can add Calculation to the list..
We need skill, patience, luck and discipline. In my opinion, these are 4 main components.
And of course we need time and it is probably our most valuable resource :)