To play poker, we need luck, aggressiveness, knowledge... what else?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Time available, bankroll and a successful bankroll management, tons of discipline, the skill of learning (to be able to learn IS a skill), right mindset or readiness to work on your mindset and psyche, honesty with oneself.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Good poker mental game (to be able to keep your emotions in control in losing and even winning streaks so you can play close to your A game for longer periods of time throughout your sessions)

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that in addition to luck, to achieve success in poker, it is necessary to develop solid strategic skills. This includes a deep understanding of odds, the ability to read and interpret opponents' behavior, and consistent game discipline. Constant study of the game, practice and the ability to adapt to different situations are essential. In addition to proper bankroll management and emotional control, they are key to dealing with game variations. Poker is an intellectual challenge that goes beyond luck, requiring a skill set and dedication to become a winning player.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Some music and a few snacks help to ease the long hours of playing :)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play daily, seek constant knowledge, be very calm, avoid revenge on those who stole some chips, wait for the right moment or good cards

F

fabiokvd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it all depends on what makes you play poker? What's the real reason? Do you play for pleasure? Leisure? Just as a pastime? A lucrative hobby? Anyway... To analyze what is necessary, the ideal was to understand what drives you to play. I'm not lucky and yet I insist on playing kkkk. Therefore, I believe that the luck factor is not predominant LOL.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Money? hahaa ( (I'm just kidding))
I believe mental health

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
and ..psychology,, to be able to smell the intentions of the opponent :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A secret little magical cosmic squirrel that sits on your shoulder and whispers to you very helpful little pep-talks etc. at opportune and key moments!

People would likely complain about this apparent unfair advantage but fortunately it's a cosmic squirrel so therefore has the ability to remain invisible and unheard to everyone else but me...

As long as I don't forget myself and foolishly mention the little scamp to anyone in a momentary oversight, it should all be fine! :unsure:

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Balance your emotions during the ups and downs of the tournament, don't fall into that 'tilt moment', assess the type of opponent, don't play in the same pattern of plays throughout the tournament, but mix up your type of game to confuse your opponents.