Patience or knowledge

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is patience first, because without it there is no knowledge, whitout she any player would leave when the downswings come

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 50% of the two, more need more patience in my opinion to wait to bet and hope a good hand comes for a good play!

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the key but I lack that, please advice me something so I'll be patient.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both things are important to be honest. You need to have knowledge to be able to win something and also you need patience in key moments to be able to win.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience or Knowledge

As a beginner my patience is excellent. Waiting for the cards when they just don't come makes me wonder.. The Minimal Knowledge I've acquired kicks in. Thinking the answer is really Knowledge when to bluff with a wider range and watching for the Nit or Solid Tight player. Yes. My vote is for Knowledge:icon_smur

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the two are important and go hand in hand, the knowledge that you are acquiring and the experience are precisely the weapons that make you see that to win in the world of poker patience is a highly necessary tool.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both are very important...Using both properly togheter means you are stronger player...

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without knowledge you cannot control your patience so its necessary to be smart...

but sometimes when i lose KK against AKoff, wisdom doesnt matter :pp

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By your Def I would say knowledge, I have tried the patience thing and it does not work me. The ante eats my stack before I get playable hands. Cash games, patience is equal to knowledge.

W

wermutt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
knowledge in the first place, patience can be controlled

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience + knowledge = experience. When you are more experienced, you are more likely to use everything that you learned from a distance, and most importantly, use it correctly in various situations. The more patient you are, the more knowledge you have ...

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both are very important, you can have knowledge but if you don;t have the patience to apply said knowledge, then it's useless, viceversa, you can have all the patience in the world but if you don;t know what you are doing it's not very helpful.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

For me personally, their combination is important! Without knowledge in poker, sit do not sit, there will be no sense. And vice versa!

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question Patience or Knowledge

Playing on-line it is harder to know if someone is bluffing, on-line you are moved from table too table so I think you do not have enough time to read or learn every ones tell or bluffs. Be patient and your (ROI) will be a greater return. Knowledge is to know that when you have a hand that can not be beat slow play and do not go all-in let them bluff and go all-in then take them to the bank. My perspective is 50-50 on Patience and Knowledge, again great question Capo1014

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet on patience)
Do not tilt, wait for the good card and do not play in with disputable cards.

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 70% patience and 30% knowledge.
You can win only you are no aggressive.
You are all-in always you need more luck than knowledge.
When You are patience, you can be sure to move forward.
Always be considerate and you win more.

A

abaraks91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge can get you to those big wins, and Patience will get you out of those bad beats

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to use these together. Knowledge gives you an entry point, and patience gives you a stop loss level. Knowledge tells us how to maximize profits; patience helps minimize losses.

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience in tournament knowledge in cash game

I think we need both in all poker games.
But if i have to chose between patience and knowledge :
i choose patience when playing tournament because the finality is to rich final table and win and you have to be patient and wait good hand because playing too much hand is bad in tournament.
And i choose knowledge in cash game because you have to win most hand you involve in or you will pay it cash when loosing every hand you play.

:idea::idea:

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge is key in poker which is why it's a more important aspect than patience. Though the best poker players will need to have both.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which is more important in poker: patience or knowledge?
What I mean by patience is waiting for good hands or good situations for bluff.
What I mean by knowledge is stuff you have learned about poker like what experts and experience have taught you.
Patience or knowledge?

Hi There

Both but you forgot something very important and essential : LUCK

Rgds