I agree patience is need especially if you are running bad

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without patience in any way, especially if you play MTT)))

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is strength - the most important thing in poker

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sure. You ahould be very patient in poker

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can impatience lead to?

When you have to make a difficult decision in the game, impatience can play a cruel joke on you and cause you to lose a decent amount of money. It is better to wait at least a minute before making a rash move. Sometimes it is worth analyzing the course of the hand, calculating pot odds-such thoughts should arise in your head every time you have to solve a difficult situation. Although, it is unlikely that any of the poker players often do this, even though there is a fairly large amount of money at stake. Instead of boring intellectual work, it is much easier to give in to the impulse of your instinct.

Therefore the main task of pecheritsa is to learn to be patient. You may find it absurd that a lack of action is acceptable for an active poker game. But patience can definitely lead you to a cherished victory.
Interesting experiment

To understand that success and patience are interrelated, let's forget about poker for a moment and consider the famous "marshmallow experiment" that was conducted by Stanford scientists in the 60s. The psychologist gathered a group of four-year-olds who were asked to eat marshmallows: one after the other. During the experiment, children could eat marshmallows immediately or wait a few minutes until the Professor returned, after which they could get 2 pieces of sweetness at the same time.

An interesting point in this experiment is that the Professor managed to collect the same group 18 years later. As a result, it turned out that "impatient children" who ate marshmallows before the psychologist arrived scored 200 points less in the SAT exam than children who waited for the second marshmallow.

It turns out that the children who were able to show their patience and get their reward for it were more intelligent than the children who were grasping. This was reflected in their success in their personal, creative, and business lives.

Who would have thought that the ability to wait a few minutes, can seriously affect the success of a person in the future? Therefore, if you have to solve a difficult problem in poker, and choose whether to play now or play well – be sure to remember this experiment.

Do you show patience during a poker session?

Life is a game , play beautiful

GhostEagle

GhostEagle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is a quality inherent to Discipline. Discipline is "doing the "right thing" even when no one is looking or would think your wrong". Discipline is a quality inherent in "Self Confidence". Self Confidence is doing what you know is right even when others will tell you otherwise. It's not Ego, it's having put in the time & study to know the game, the players and the strategy necessary to put you in place to Win. All 3 work together in harmony among winners in any walks of life. Sports, Business, Politics or Poker. Check out some bios on the greats in history and you'll see it's true.

How does it apply to poker? It means not playing like a robot or always following the "rules". When you always follow the "rules" or play "robotically" your easy to read, thus leaving money on the table because others will know exactly where your at in the hand. If your studying your opponents while playing and after (online) you'll pick up their tells, attitudes and patterns in given situations, which gives you a better idea of their range & actions on a particular hand. In a vacuum most players will tell you "you didn't have the pot odds, you didn't have the implied odds". But if your Disciplined enough to do what you know is the right thing to do, given all the information available to you and have the Confidence to not care what others think, you will be a winner even if you lose the hand. Because in the long run you'll be a winner and also know that you are a winner right now because you did the right thing at the right time to put yourself in a position to win. IMHO of course:D

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The right balance of patience and aggression at the poker table is what separates the best players from the rest.

HolePairs

HolePairs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely, it is one of the biggest aspects of the game. you have to wait to get dealt cards in position. if you play nit tight you are folding 90% so u need that patience to help maintain that good play. you will always be faced with the decision to play or wait until a better spot shows itself

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, you have to be patient to be aggressive. If you just aggressive without patience, you are an ATM. I called some sessions (specially early in a tourney) a "lazy poker." I don't get involved unless I have a premium hand, and let all the donkeys to expose themselves, so I know who are my targets in the middle portion of the tourney (after they rebuy). Once the rebuy session is over, its harvest time of all the small stack who are going all in with broadways and connected cards. Once you are in the cash, that's when the poker "game" begins.
Do others have different strategies for different levels of tourney, or different stakes ad the tables??

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
patience is the biggest requirement in poker, without patience it is better to do something else or just be defeated

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Your mental game is huge. Patience is definitely a part of that. Then I found my patience evolved into instant shake off <3

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcourse patience is important !! especially in mtt's ( ^.^)

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say that luck is of course a factor like patience

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler