Is patience a requirement for poker?

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Defently!! My experience is to be patience in all parts of the game.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for sure at many times we need to be patient and analyze the game. too much aggression will cause you to lose your hand. everything has to be in balance.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Patience is the mother of poker, without it quit and never come back:D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience and timing can be very important, especially when playing deep in tournaments. Having patience is simply a part of playing good poker.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i guess is the princial requirement, but personally i often forget it, but ill try to improve on that

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to Phil Helmuth's Mom..."If you don't get bored playing in a Poker Tournament, you're not playing it right"
So Yes.. patience to the point of boredom...just don't stay bored for long.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mistake

I must have fun During the big game!

leave patience, for when you are in a line

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohhhh.... patience is the most important thing in poker, it seems to me, you always have to wait.... hands, actions of the opponent, cards....
This is a very important factor.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aí loVe big game

According to Phil Helmuth's Mom..."If you don't get bored playing in a Poker Tournament, you're not playing it right"
So Yes.. patience to the point of boredom...just don't stay bored for long.

how ridiculous Bro; we're talking about Cardschat Community not beings from the galaxy

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key.
Also an even keeled temper is needed for once you've been patient and then you lose with your good hands.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's no secret that patience in poker is one of the most important components.

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, how do you think the fish is identified on the table, we hope that the hand is correct and we take the whole pile. 🐟

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key in poker. At times you have to wait to get good cards.

Last edited:
S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, patience is a requirement in poker. You have to wait until you get good cards. If you keep playing all of your cards, then it will be obvious and you will lose. Patience is especially important in long tournaments.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think it is an essential virtue for the game of Poker? And if you did not have this virtue, how could you manage to cope with this and obtain better results in the game?:confused:

Of course , patience is a requirement for poker. If you attempt to force the action it will usually bring a terrible outcome.

Discipline in poker is probably what separates winning players from the rest. :confused:

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, it's a marathon, not a race. It's all about volume and making good decisions long term. Sure you can play like a maniac and run up a stack quickly, but by playing that style you'll lose it even quicker.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think it is an essential virtue for the game of Poker? And if you did not have this virtue, how could you manage to cope with this and obtain better results in the game?:confused:

All card games require patience. If you are sitting at a table with 8 other people, you statistically should only win 1 out of 9 hands or let's say 3 per hour.

Your Mathematical knowledge is also necessary. I have been a mathematician since childhood. I dream about numbers. 🤓

The last major requirement for success, the one that helps you win more than the statistics predict, is psychology. Reading people's thoughts and body language, leading them to think what you want them to believe, and putting on a confidence display all help your winning percentage.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Time of turney

Yes, patience is a requirement in poker. You have to wait until you get good cards. If you keep playing all of your cards, then it will be obvious and you will lose. Patience is especially important in long tournaments.

there are players who win by playing a high percentage of blinds! these players don't have patience as a highlight

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, patience together with discipline are essential for poker in my humble opinion

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Majority rules and Id have to agree that Patience is a definite must in Poker.:boxing:Wait for that right moment.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You cannot possibly play Poker without Patience, It is a marathon race NOT a sprint.
You need the patience of a saint in order to do well in all its forms whether it is a cash game or a Tournament even heads up you need to wait for the hands to come to you. Sure you can bluff sometimes but even the best bluffs get called down.
I once called a bluff on a four spade table without a single spade in my hand but I had 2 pairs on the flop that I kept calling hoping to get a boat and missed but guessed that he had missed as well, and I was right
Luck or Gut Instinct I cannot say but it was the right call.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is not the only factor you need, but without it there is clearly nothing to do in poker.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES

you have to be patient in order to be a good player. you cant play bad opening cards. You have to wait until you get a decent starting hand because you cant bluff every hand