Chips
90% patience and rest aggression.

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience in poker means you have to lose sometimes and know when to cut your losses. Sticking out a bad hand hoping for a river card is not patient, and it will cost you big time! There are lots of ways to maintain patience when playing Texas holdem poker. The most important thing to remember is that patience in poker is vital to success!

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think patience would not be the right word, but calm to make the best decisions, both within a tournament and when to stop, how to manage your bankroll to reduce losses and maximize profits.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
51/49

There's a time and be patient the time to be aggressive just know your timing good luck on the tables any dollars have fun

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience?

Yes, patience is tantamount to long term success. Think of player's we've witnessed who have gone on tilt. Basically, when we refer to someone who has gone on tilt, we're referring to someone who has lost their patience and has started making irrational decisions.

Yeah, once in a while they may recover from the loss that caused their behavior, but most often they just lose the farm.

B

Beniciokgm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion patience and more than 50% in poker imagine you study for several years understand everything about poker and an excellent player but don't have the patience to make your strategy and spoil everything because you didn't have patience

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
How good it would be if I had patience too ...

Wouterzijlmans

Wouterzijlmans

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the key

patience is very important,

Every lost hand is one.
Sometimes the temptation is to bet high quickly.
This often goes well the first few times.
But the further you get, the more important it becomes to be patient and only play with good cards.
I like to play actively and offensively, which means that I sometimes take too much risk.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello, Everybody! I think, the patience is an one from many qualities, necessary, as for Poker, so and for Life general,
but, and this is a main: an one most of important quality:cool:, by my opinion.:rolleyes:

I would also add that thanks to poker we also learn to be calm, patient and reasonable in life. Thank you poker - great game!

Blurt Reynolds

Blurt Reynolds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard people say no but there’s def times it is. Not where you wait for good hole cards but sometimes you need to fold and wait for a better opportunity ie a better time for a bluff or range advantage etc.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofcourse it is. But patience is just one small part of whole mindset when it comes to poker.
Skill is important for sure, but right mindset is also very important.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table loses

how does it feel when you find yourself all the way to the final tables of the tournament and you get busted before you can climb the ladder to the top and knocked out on 5-6-7-8 places:confused:

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. But not everything. You cannot wait until you have monster hand. Even monster hand can lose against big chip

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If friend, patience is important, knowing how and how much to play, at what moment. Not to go very fast but how and when to put your chips, study discipline and perseverance lead you to success ... and luck of course

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In short, poker is a small life. Therefore, everything that is needed in life to be successful is also necessary in poker. This, of course, is knowledge, psychology, luck, patience, etc.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that patience in poker is the key to success.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My financial poker balance, regrettably confirms...

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly yes - patience is a must have for a winning player! If you are impatient by character, poker is not a game for you.

ranynight

ranynight

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it matter if u wanna to achieve success in this game.
If it just a hobby where are u spending/wasting ur spare money so it doesn't matter
imho

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely not.... if you don't mind losing....
In case you wanna play well and inncrease
your chances of winning, then patience is
an essentiell skill.

If you play too many hands you waste your chips
in situations in which you will need a good amount
of luck to win.

Though folding is the boring part of the game it is
also the best way to minimize losses.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion it is one of the basic skills you need for playing Poker. I play more successful starting a MTT with time and patience and wait for the correct moment. But when blinds are growing fast of course courage should more and more overtake your patience before you are running out of your chips.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think patience and not giving in to anxiety is a good percentage of the game. It is what defines a good player, knowing how to wait for the right hands. I think...:cool::cool:

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely is in my opinion :top: there is no way to win in poker without patience