Only fish use the word "Luck"

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh common man,i am fish then pff.But it is ok for me i am Fish and i use word Luck,because sometime this game is gamble and you need that luck to win a hand,tournament.
So i am fish and i don't feel bad ;)

Well, I refuse to be called a fish !!!

Because I am a donk !!!

I am hyperdonk, megadonk, radicaldonk, nanodonk, picodonk - but I am not a fish !!!

And yes - LUCK is part of the game.

Otherwise, poker would be like chess - just the skills to calculate and reason, and no "variance"...

P.S.: I have accounts in 30+ poker rooms and so far, I have ONE and only permanent ban !
The reason ?
At middle stakes, I was "set up" 7 consecutive times in 6 situations, where my opponents on the flop had between 0.3 and 1.5% chance of winning... and they won...
For simplicity, I averaged the probabilities at 1%.
0.01 on the power of 7 is 1 in 100 trillion !

If I play 100 000 hands per year - I would need to play 1 billion years to get 1 (ONE) bad run like this !

I received an email with the "great offers" the room had for me and their kind request that I would tell them my evaluation and my opinion about the room.

I just made the statistical analysis of that bad run and sent it to their poker manager.

2 days later, I could no longer login to my account. Nevertheless, I got a message from skrill that I received funds to my account...

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
""Remember, it's not what you have, it's what the other players THINK you have.""

1. I am fine if you think I have 7-2 and I have A-A.

2. If I have the nuts, it doesn't matter what you think and whether you would dump a truck of chips on the table.

P

parpem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't say that if in a heads-up the opponent needs exactly that one 1 card on the river and he gets it,that's not luck.He needs one card in 41 ( after all the others are excluded).That's luck.But hey,you always need skill in poker and often luck.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without luck it is impossible to take first place in a MTT what you would not have been professional.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very romantic! Professional or not, the luck is part of the game too.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If OP's point is that it's unhelpful to be superstitious, or to rely on "luck" to bail you out instead of playing well, then I agree.

There are some people that use the term "luck" interchangeably with "randomness", "chance" or "probability" though, understanding full well what it really means, and I don't think there's a problem with that.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokerstars give you good lucky when tornament starts, so i think its not a hard question to answer hehe.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we are play poker, poker isn't chess, but I fish so bad lucker

P

parpem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go check phil helmuth on youtube and call him a fish after :D

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we play poker , we need a luck ,maybe in a few moments , but we need a luck ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Remember also that a human team beat a computer team in a poker match. While not privy to the coding, you can bet your bippy the coding was overly math based.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/poker-showdown-pros-beat-program-ace-n356111

google man vs machine-poker for other similar results.

those happened to be the world's best players at HeadsUP. Pretty sure it would've gone differently had the human team been made up of 4 people from the majority of responders in this thread.

WHAT A BUNCH OF FISH!!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, I refuse to be called a fish !!!

Because I am a donk !!!

I am hyperdonk, megadonk, radicaldonk, nanodonk, picodonk - but I am not a fish !!!

And yes - LUCK is part of the game.

Otherwise, poker would be like chess - just the skills to calculate and reason, and no "variance"...

P.S.: I have accounts in 30+ poker rooms and so far, I have ONE and only permanent ban !
The reason ?
At middle stakes, I was "set up" 7 consecutive times in 6 situations, where my opponents on the flop had between 0.3 and 1.5% chance of winning... and they won...
For simplicity, I averaged the probabilities at 1%.
0.01 on the power of 7 is 1 in 100 trillion !

If I play 100 000 hands per year - I would need to play 1 billion years to get 1 (ONE) bad run like this !

I received an email with the "great offers" the room had for me and their kind request that I would tell them my evaluation and my opinion about the room.

I just made the statistical analysis of that bad run and sent it to their poker manager.

2 days later, I could no longer login to my account. Nevertheless, I got a message from Skrill that I received funds to my account...

OMG Dude (errr.. I mean 'Fishy Dude') !!!!!!
Do you actually believe your own bullsh1t? You are just sooooooooo full of sh1t it is incredible! (midstakes... aiiiiiight! what.. you mean like 'midway between $0.00 & $1.00 ? )

And yah you are a HUGE FISH. Unless you're some cashgame God/guru who happens to have someone else play tourneys on your account (pretty sure you don't have a rating higher than *57 with an average closer to like *53... meaning, you don't typically see much worse).

But.. good 'luck'! (in your case, 'luck' will need to make up a very significant portion or your game).

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats true, but then, theres a thing called free will, which i will define as "taking an action that changes an already predetermined outcome" say u get dealt JT your opponent gets QK the flop comes AQ2, turn 8 and river blank say a 3, now its predetermined that if u go to show down with your hand u gonna lose, but if u play your hand aggressive ull force your opponent to fold his better hand thinking you have the ace, so the way i see it is, your hand + the opponents hand + the board is fate, the way u play your hand is free will, and thats what i think u did not factor in to your post, which i must say in blackjack there is no free will :D

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres a lot of skill in poker but there is also a lot of luck. especially when your playing tourneys you will need to get lucky at some point to win. Now u can call it whatever you would like.

But heres an example you up against a bad player and hes playing just about all his hands and hitting almost all of them or hitting draws almost every time.

now thats lucky he may not win in the long run but hes winning at that moment . Besides anything that u are playing the odds it involves luck just like a scratch ticket

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The second thing you need to come to grips with is the fact you are not going to win every hand even when the odds are 99% in your favor. There is no luck involved, just a mathematical fact that you will loose 1% of the time over the long haul in those situations.

Luck is one element of poker, the mathematical fact that you will lose 1% of the time when the odds are 99%, is ul if happens 3 times in 100 for u. Its the same for lottery, you got one chance in millions, but if you are luck, u can win the first time u play.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better example of luck. Jaime gold = luck lol

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker, not play mathematic.
Mathematic is result of long run, poker is result of this hand.
Without luck can not be long.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a base of poker luck. How many times you have AA crack by 10 J or K? ya luck is a part and its not only reserv of fish player. When you feeling the hand so easily you know when to go in a pot. That my 2 cent

A

antonio4c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with several companions Luck is always needed and if you find yourself with me I think you'll need

gustavo2104

gustavo2104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is free to believe what he pleases, someone to believe in something or not, does not give us any right to despise him. You're the best? Prove it at the tables.

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG Dude (errr.. I mean 'Fishy Dude') !!!!!!
Do you actually believe your own bullsh1t? You are just sooooooooo full of sh1t it is incredible! (midstakes... aiiiiiight! what.. you mean like 'midway between $0.00 & $1.00 ? )

And yah you are a HUGE FISH. Unless you're some cashgame God/guru who happens to have someone else play tourneys on your account (pretty sure you don't have a rating higher than *57 with an average closer to like *53... meaning, you don't typically see much worse).

But.. good 'luck'! (in your case, 'luck' will need to make up a very significant portion or your game).

Are you a SOCIOPATH, A DEBILLIC MORON OR JUST AN IDIOT ???????

FYI: I only play in tournaments with NEGATIVE buyin, because I am from Mars.

And I generate huge negative cashflow, so dividing negative on negative, you get my ROI of +2500% !!!

I don't track ratings everyday, but my IQ is 164 and I immediately spot idiots like you when I see their manners.

You attack everyone with insults, whenever he/she disagrees with you !

F*CK OFF !

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For all those that believe in luck.

where does luck begin? Do you get lucky every time you get 2 good cards? Is it when you flop a set or a full house? How about when you hit on the river? So you are lucky when good happens and not when bad happens.

So are you unlucky when you toss 4/8 off in the UTG and flop comes 884? What about when you your flop four A's and nobody has a second best hand to play? Are you lucky or unlucky?

When does the luck start? Does it start with the deal? Does it start with the flop? How about the cut or the shuffle as all the cards are now set and the order can not change. Or do you think there is a poker god that rearranges the cards in the deck for those that it determines is going to be lucky?

Maybe you think it is all about sitting in the right place that makes you lucky. Or maybe it was the right underwear that turned on the luck geni.

Well I disagree with Luck. In poker you have probability and odds. That's it. How you play those odds is up to you, but you can not change them. There are mountains of books and computer programs that we all study so that we can play them to our best ability.

Like it or not, Luck believes in you. :deal:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Are you a SOCIOPATH, A DEBILLIC MORON OR JUST AN IDIOT ???????

FYI: I only play in tournaments with NEGATIVE buyin, because I am from Mars.

And I generate huge negative cashflow, so dividing negative on negative, you get my ROI of +2500% !!!

I don't track ratings everyday, but my IQ is 164 and I immediately spot idiots like you when I see their manners.

You attack everyone with insults, whenever he/she disagrees with you !

F*CK OFF !

Oh ok.. then you're a borderline genius donk... and also a HUGE LIAR!

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh ok.. then you're a borderline genius donk... and also a HUGE LIAR!

I am a donk. Not a liar.

You are just too nervous.

You simply cannot tollerate anyone who disagrees with you.

Last month, I summarized and calculated my net earnings from poker over the last 4 years.

Around 15,000 $ in 48 months. This is NOT much: just 300$ per month.

But enough for me - I am a LOW-roller who plays for fun.

my only financial target in poker is to never use my family money to play poker

so far, over the years, I never deposited own funds - I made my first 10 $ deposit while at FT of a 5.50 buyin 7,500 prize pool tourney. And I won 380 $... Then the snow ball just started rolling...

So... I have my views and my aproach.

You have yours.

I respect yours. And I respect the fact that you understand poker and win from poker.

But try to not insult me, only because we think differently from each other.

:beer: