Music or No Music?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I listen to the music that I enjoy most, I get too focused on the music and not the plays at the tables. I sometimes listen to light classical music, or just flutes....the kind of stuff they play when you get a massage.

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often listen to the radio too. Unfortunately (or not) I cant play poker without music or without conversation with some friends on Facebook

beccra

beccra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always listen to music when I play - but then again, I listen to music while studying or playing chess, so it's not something that distracts me.

AlexGrinStar

AlexGrinStar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in silence, the music distracts me a little ... experimented, it turned out that the results show better without music))

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer to play in silence or listening to some nice melodic tune in background, I noticed it somehow helps me to concentrate and don't get distracted by anything else. Here is some examples I usually listen to, maybe they will be useful to someone :)
I'm probably responsible for half of the views for this one :D My favorite.
This one is pretty new for me, listened only a couple of times so far :)
If you have anything similar, feel free to share with me, thanks :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also watch the film in tournaments. Otherwise, just sit down and play a boring occupation. On the tables with cash, there is no time to look at something. Here you need to take care of your competitors.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music tends to drown out the background noise of my girlfriend..

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on my mood, and I have changes all the time

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm the opposite, when I play I tend to play better when I it's really quiet, even with a low volume music would make my focus go away.

V

vvv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, then I listen to music, music does not bother me when I play, but on the contrary helps to keep my head from tilting during the game, and I turn on and listen to music with every game!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm listening classic music during playing poker. This is great, try too

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy listening to music while I play. Fills the time between hands. I think I do fairly well tuning it out when I get involved in a hand.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time, like me. Music allows me to be able to concentrate on just poker.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not like to listen to music because it disturbs me. I feel like singing, and I end up singing and when I see I've already done something wrong in the game. So I avoid listening to music when I'm playing.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the player, in my case it is not necessary, but from time to time I use it to not get bored

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen to the radio during the game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have tried listening music and of course my favorite and it is very nice. It makes a more friendly enviroment for me which is more positive factor for the game.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I feel that classical music puts me in the right frame of mind. Calming, with mental alertness and creativity seems to be very beneficial in my opinion.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peace and quiet.... I get distracted by easily by music(because I love it).
Hopefully when I get more proficient at poker, I’ll be able to integrate music back in.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer music with no lyrics and the equalizer fixed for crystal clear bass. sometimes I listen to high volume.It's better when you truly feel it. :)
The best system is the soundsystem ;)

Fordeverest

Fordeverest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, listening to the poker game and music in the head will be perfect, so you have to choose to have a perfect "effect

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think music helps. Maybe not at the time but good to have some tunes that motivate you or keep you awake.