VE
Chips
Hello music does not affect me unlike relaxes me when I'm playing poker

11am

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So when at the felt or just online do you enjoy music whilst playing or find it distracting. In general I feel like it helps me focus and not get impatient easily. At the felt in tournaments I have even seen people watching sports and even a film! Barely having interest in the poker.
Reply.... Anything that can distract me like television or playing a second game online is enough to make me play a little bit worse. If I let myself play with distraction s I will then let myself play with even more distractions and I will lose important important information that could have been useful to help me save or win extra chips that I cannot get if I am not paying attention to what the other players are doing when they are not blufflng and what what they do differently when they are bluffing. That could mean 100 big blinds to me in twenty or thirty mintues. Maybe you like staying at the same level and just put a few dollars in your bankroll to keep playing at that level. I don't like doing that. I don't like giving my chips away to just play for fun. Why I can play for fun in going on a cruise or playing pinochle, or canada, or Bridge or .Rummy!

11am

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is like a chess game. Execpt you lose money when you lose and you lose money when you tie with other players .Fo4 there is a rake and that means you have to do better than average just to break even. In a tie in chess they call it a draw neither side can win. I have played chess many times against a player who is better than me. And never did I win against them they always beat me every single time. Once I did beat someone who I passed up as my skill had surpassed his. O ce I beat him he never played against me again to4 every single time I would win, and he knew it. So play your best and do better than playing with distractions at to win and then you can play against ever more better players. And conquer them too. Don't play to have fun. Play to earn your reward. And then go buy a house and pay for it with one payment. and find a cute woman if you are a man, and live life like a free man should. God Bless America!

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music definitely for me. I find it helps me concentrate/focus. If playing a tournament for 8 hours there will be long stretches where you are without a hand and I find the background noise helps me not get bored. If I am in a major hand and I do not want other distractions I sometimes silence it for that hand.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music while playing mostly electro style:rock:

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, soft music, like soft rock o bossnova. the problem is in the final table...

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely music :thrasher::thrasher::thrasher::thrasher::thrasher:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, music contributes to concentration. I am becoming more focused if I listen to my favorite music during the game.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never listen to music while playing poker, sometimes i let the news run in the background.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, no music. When I have ear phones or ear buds in, my breathing tends to change when I play different hands. If you're able to control everything about you, go for it though!

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
surely! Music calms me, with her I am better concentrated :)

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy listening to music at various times of the day, including during games. helps to animate and maintain focus, it is also an occupation during intervals between hands.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love silence in life. Even in life music does not attract me. A good movie is what might interest me. That's what I do sometimes playing poker.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends ... for me it's necessary to play while listen music, but only instrumental music because this music do not distract me for my game.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

only with music. she gives a lot of energy. even at work listening to music