yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Dopamine is one of the biggest neurotransmitters associated with motivation, You should balance playing online with other hobbies / activities. I strongly suggest going to the gym or going for a walk, Sleep and eat well and like that you will be motivated.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Be comfortable, well eaten, hydrated and in a place you like. That way the game gets better.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check too many times my bankroll, results motivating me, pression motivating me

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello forum friends, I play poker online every day but I don't have the motivation every day, what do you recommend for me to always be motivated to play poker?
It is difficult to advise something. Each player probably has his own motives. Personally, I am motivated by my victories and my results. I am motivated by my growing bankroll. You must determine for yourself what is your motivation in poker, and how strong this motivation is for you.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
People are usually motivated by the chance to win money, but sometimes there are other reasons. If you think that there are no other reasons besides money, then you are wrong. Such a limited vision only shows your limited horizons :)
Well, if you have such unlimited horizons, and you are so smart that you teach everyone, you could give at least one example to your words.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe if you set daily, weekly and monthly goals may help to be motivated every day. But in my opinion, unless you're a professional poker player, it's not necessary to play poker every day. There are days that the last thing I want to do is to play poker and in that day I just don't play and I go do something else.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ADD MORE TABLES!

Move up to a higher buyin level

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Past results motivate us.. So get some consistency in game play and stay motivated..

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Every win gives you a reason to keep going!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has their own...I just like to play in my free time.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get your motivation by studying, reading and learning everything about poker so that you get there sooner, dedication and focus is the key, it all depends on how focused you are.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow such good ideas and replies, I'll start by adding my experiences then maybe some advice.
Time, time, time is the big killer when it comes to anything, if you have very little free time then trying to squeeze anything into a restricted time space
can be annoying and perhaps leaves you impatient. I speak for myself here.
Other than that as some have said, motivation can be results orientated and losing especially can remove motivation.
What I do in these situations is watch some tv poker, then choose some small mtt/freerolls , and simply try to make a few deep runs,
once I manage that, then back into my usual games.
Also I would advise change of poker games, NL PLO PLO8 Big-0 and all these variants, can spice up the motivation.
note - I've noticed that this possibly doesn't apply to cash games, let me get better at cash games and add another post then :)
good luck and enjoy

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its a good way to waste my evenings. With rewards available, to make those bleak evenings brighter.
The reward being my incentive and motivation.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play bigger stakes ! Then you had better pay attention or it will really hurt your wallet .

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Often this concept is inextricably linked with psychology and discipline in poker, and loss of motivation is often expressed in the player’s reluctance to play the distance, sit down at the tables and generally engage in learning to play poker.Problems with motivation can arise at a certain moment in a player of any level, and it is important to learn how to get out of this state with minimal loss of time and effort.Poker, like any other work, needs rewards to reinforce motivation.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just imagine myself as a rich and free person)))

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think its like everything in life, there is not a thing, that is every day easy and you are motivated. I also play nearly every day online. But i would be better to make some breaks during the week. So i would be hungry to play my best game and not clicking tourneys down. I think you could use the time to study some poker theory. For me its my biggest potential to getting better and play higher levels in tourneys.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
idk, i play poker for fun. Mb you need to have a rest and something new, try to relax.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quit regularly .The seemingly constant beats by junk hands drive me away .

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I think that if you are not motivated you should not play, many times it is because it becomes routine. I recently read the book of atomic habits by James Clear and in chapter 19 there is a sentence that says "The greatest threat to success is not failure, it is boredom. Anyone can work when they feel motivated. It is the ability to continue." moving forward when the work isn't exciting makes all the difference.

I think that can be extrapolated to our online poker routine as a habit.

In case you haven't read the book, I recommend reading it, it changed my way of seeing life.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if you dont have the motivation to play then dont. find something else that will motivate you.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think motivation is essential in anything you set out to do. When this is missing it is a waste of time and it would be good to take a rest or relaxation. It is advisable to be aware of all actions to be able to learn and always add something good.