Motivation in poker...

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Find a better poker real life balance. Otherwise motivation will come and go and sooner or later you'll likely burnout and need a longer break. Poker is pretty the same as anything do it long enough you get sick, lose motivation and burnout.

My advice if your schedule allows play as much as you can from Thursday-Sunday those are the highest traffic days for online poker. Study Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Work it so you get two days away from poker weekly in a row if you can. If I could choose my/the perfect schedule that would be it. Been playing online for 20+ years fwiw.

Cheers!!!

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Find a way to play poker that you enjoy then you will be motivated to play.To enjoy playing is in my opinion the most important.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening my friend, I don't think anything can be done if you are not motivated, if poker is your profession you have to face the day even without enthusiasm, on these days of discouragement what I recommend is playing a little less screen time

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I suggest you to see your not your daily earnings, but the weekly, that way if you have a bad day, it wont hurt youif you have a consistent streak.

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello forum friends, I play poker online every day but I don't have the motivation every day, what do you recommend for me to always be motivated to play poker?

It's impossible to give you an exact answer to your question. This changes a lot depending on your own personality.

But I think that if you don't study the game, it will be less motivating.

So I don't know if you are doing this already, but, if you aren't, just start studying the basics and keep learning more and more.

It's amazing to see when you are evolving your skills and, then, your results at the tables...

I think that doing this is what gives me motivation to keep playing poker every single day since I started this incredible journey.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, no one has the motivation to do anything every day.

More important than motivation is discipline. Discipline will keep you playing every day.

So look for ways to improve in this aspect.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In poker like in everything you need to have discipline and play even with lack of motivation, or just take a break and back stronger.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think that there is absolutely no need to force it....if you feel like playing, if you don't feel like it, you do something else! There are 1,000 things in life that are better than forced poker. I don't play every day either...I prefer only on weekends...that much is enough from the game. So don't force it every day, poker is not mandatory!

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The desire to win. There are days that don't work for you not only in poker, but I think of good wins and days that would motivate you. 🙂🙂🙂

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Motivation in Poker?!. Personally for Me, to play in Poker, when I want, this and is most of Main motivation! That's it!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello forum friends, I play poker online every day but I don't have the motivation every day, what do you recommend for me to always be motivated to play poker?
Just think about money! That's the main motivation. At least it is for me. I have no other motivation, by the way. Yeah, I like poker, it evolves me. I don't degrade myself by playing poker, on the contrary, I develop my thinking and memory. :unsure:

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The competition, the variety for entertainment. Make a small bit of money. Learn to improve.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think poker has to be something light without obligation.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would advise you to just take a break. Just rest 2-3 days a week. Of course, the motivation is different, for some players it is money, for others - emotions, for others it is just entertainment, but I assure you, rest is necessary for literally everyone :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
to be motivated, you need to make it win a small tournament or take a place that gives you money for, and then you will be motivated to play every day and win, the main thing is to do it or see how much money the other player won and you will be motivated

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The only motivation in poker is money, everything else is a lie.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what motivates you to play poker. Please explain your motives?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only motivation in poker is money, everything else is a lie.
People are usually motivated by the chance to win money, but sometimes there are other reasons. If you think that there are no other reasons besides money, then you are wrong. Such a limited vision only shows your limited horizons :)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I personally don't know many things that you want to do every day.
so if you are not obliged, and you do not have this obligation.
Don't demand so much of yourself.
I play because I like it, without liking it, I find it impossible to support poker.