Meditation and poker.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But give me a link to an article or video explaining what to do during these 10 minutes. If it’s not difficult for you. Thanks anyway for the answer

If in short, you need to sit without any thoughts, turning off the internal dialogue for 5 minutes. It is incredibly difficult, almost impossible. But if you train, then this is an achievable result. Then you need to pay attention to an object, such as the tip of the nose and hold attention it for ten minutes without being distracted by other thoughts. If you want to read more detailed instructions, you need to read a book or listen to the audio version of the book - The Attention Revolution (B. Alan Wallace)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only for poker, I also meditate to help me in my development as a trader. I need a lot of balance!

Hitcher

Hitcher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If in short, you need to sit without any thoughts, turning off the internal dialogue for 5 minutes. It is incredibly difficult, almost impossible. But if you train, then this is an achievable result. Then you need to pay attention to an object, such as the tip of the nose and hold attention it for ten minutes without being distracted by other thoughts. If you want to read more detailed instructions, you need to read a book or listen to the audio version of the book - The Attention Revolution (B. Alan Wallace)
super! thanks a lot!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a farce, meditation as!, meditating the kingdom of light?!?!, and there is college for this?!?!, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Ilário!

:secruity:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very important topic for the poker player and modern man. can someone advise something in Russian

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since having a heart attack last year, my doctors in rehab thought it would be good for me and I have been doing meditations now twice a day, after waking and before bed, coupled with a light Tai Chi regimen .. it does help me to be calmer .. there are other noticeable benefits such as improvements in breathing capacity, stamina, better sleep as well as just a sense of feeling better overall .. idk kind of more vibrant ?? .... I am sure that there is a benefit as it relates to poker, and I may try adding another session before playing poker to see if there is something more noticeable.

As far as meditation I do not get very complex ...mostly concentrate on my breathing, sitting, back straight, no lotus position or anything, and counting each exhale till ten then starting over ... I will do this for 20 minutes at a time. I have now been doing this for roughly little over a year now.

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved this thread too. I think there are different stages of meditation. You can sit on the table and still meditate once you get used to it.
It definitely clear my mind and especially when running bad and taking bad beats :)
I read all comments and learned a lot.
Thank you all

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breathing exercise is a kind of meditation right?

I am sorry for the heart attack :(
There are some courses where they teach how to breath correctly. They claim that we lose our original breathing after 4-5 years old of age. Than we have to remember that breathing techniques to be healthy in every wway.

I am glad this works for you.
Since having a heart attack last year, my doctors in rehab thought it would be good for me and I have been doing meditations now twice a day, after waking and before bed, coupled with a light Tai Chi regimen .. it does help me to be calmer .. there are other noticeable benefits such as improvements in breathing capacity, stamina, better sleep as well as just a sense of feeling better overall .. idk kind of more vibrant ?? .... I am sure that there is a benefit as it relates to poker, and I may try adding another session before playing poker to see if there is something more noticeable.

As far as meditation I do not get very complex ...mostly concentrate on my breathing, sitting, back straight, no lotus position or anything, and counting each exhale till ten then starting over ... I will do this for 20 minutes at a time. I have now been doing this for roughly little over a year now.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meditation doesn't help me
it is better to call a shaman with a tambourine to run around the computer
will be more useful[emoji21][emoji21][emoji21]

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For you the way is meditation , for me is a fitness . It is normall and I admire people who are doing something to forget and leave for a while the daily routine.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Meditating and preparing for a poker game is a good thing, because I myself have tuned my thoughts before the game, it helps me focus and make the right decisions