Meditation and poker.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About changes in real life. The concentration on a certain action has noticeably increased (when thinking or acting, I do not distract on other processes) and the reaction has become calmer in negative aspects in life.

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it could be good for the game

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to meditate. and fell asleep.
The alarm clock helped me and I did not miss the game.
otherwise meditation would go on[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I tried to meditate. and fell asleep.
The alarm clock helped me and I did not miss the game.
otherwise meditation would go on[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]
Yes, it can happen very often, when you are a beginner of meditation, that you will
fall asleep from this. And maybe many people mix it just up, that medtation shall just calm you down somehow. But it is not the reason why you meditate, the reason to meditate is to become more focused about yourself. Actually it shall help you in daily life. And I guess to many of US poker is part of daily life. And therefore I think the the thread opener opened this discussion about how meditation could help about poker. Because poker needs a lot of concentration and I think, everyone of us would appreciacte it while playing to stay focused on the game.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it can happen very often, when you are a beginner of meditation, that you will
fall asleep from this. And maybe many people mix it just up, that medtation shall just calm you down somehow. But it is not the reason why you meditate, the reason to meditate is to become more focused about yourself. Actually it shall help you in daily life. And I guess to many of us poker is part of daily life. And therefore I think the the thread opener opened this discussion about how meditation could help about poker. Because poker needs a lot of concentration and I think, everyone of us would appreciacte it while playing to stay focused on the game.
Yes. I agree. strength of mind and peace of mind are important factors in the game and here you need the right approach to the game and your mood[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i look deep inside (and outside) for the answer, i see a very bad future for online poker. Dont get the wrong impression, i dont want this to happen, i like to play in tournaments with a huge field / amount of entrants, but it is inevitable.

poker sites are doing it the wrong way, and there are too many people cheating / exploiting. Not too many people understand this, because they have been lucky, or they mistakenly think that the bots are soft.

Only thing i can say until these sites get their act together is R.I.P online poker. Even the most successful of sites out there could be making way more money.

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, meditation is good practice and i think many players can improve their skills, but it's requiring also big patience, therefore, if someone can sit down and start meditate specially to reach better results in poker for him is useful, but if you aren't able to find enough strength to throw your strong hand, when you are 99% sure that your opponent has better hand, and when only curiosity drives you, no meditation can't help you, in the best case, after century will passed ))

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am thinking from myself and from my experience of playing poker, and if someone disagrees no problem. I believe, that poker is not like a chess and no like other games, everyone will continue winning and losing, only with growing more experience, only when you taste, how is to left your last coin, and you have feel all that not good things on your own, after everything, you can to get in plus in your wallet. Be sure, all players,,who you are watching on TV now, passed it. Meditation, blessing or perfect red chair like a talisman :D are only imagination and each perceives it differently.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great talk Jonathan Little and Fedor Holz about finding balance in life and poker, Fyodor's career. I strongly advise to listen.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Meditation might be a helpful tool for some poker players to improve their approach and attitude toward the game and to avoid tilt. One can try it. If it helps then great. If not, you haven't lost anything.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ying yang mindset to power

I'm still in college and I've been meditating lately to improve my daily life. My first impressions are that it is better to sleep, but with time and breathing I realize that every action has a reaction.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For all fans of poker and meditation I share my observations and thoughts. Now I meditate with concentration on deep breathing twice a day for 20 minutes. The difference in oneself and in life is not so noticeable, but there is a positive effect. In a month I plan to try to start meditating with the repetition of mantras. All good and success at the tables and in life.;)

R

robopimp01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to relaxe everytime. Because if you want hurry up and win, this is the worst strategy.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation is a very good way to control your emotions during and after the game! many pro poker players practice meditation and this brings results

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best part of meditation is to control your bankroll.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meditation is a very good way to control your emotions during and after the game! many pro poker players practice meditation and this brings results
In addition to meditation, they also practice yoga.

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is my meditation. I find it calming. I mean 13 symbols x4 flying and people are so in to something that is so simple yet complex. I find beauty in.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that meditation is very useful for the balanced spiritual life of each person. I am engaged in meditation every day, and through this, I always get positive energy and have a good mood.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don `t know if it can and not meditation I just sit in a chair before the tournaments or before the cash games, I take a loud breath and think about something pleasant, and then I find either the cash games or the normal tournament and play, and I can’t understand if I win somewhere meditation in the game helped me or it was my game skill!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find meditation to be an excellent source to fall asleep. Really don't know much about besides lighting and candle and relaxing the mind. Don't use it for anything else in my life and that would include poker.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you. The path of self-development is the right decision. How to realize and develop your potential is the question which people should ask themselves and the more often the better.

Please tell me about the ideas with in this Video Link...

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, meditation in poker is an extra fuss. I'm not superstitious. Only intuition and common calculation.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditate your mistakes and think like you should have done, as you could have done that the result would be completely different, a rash action can put your life at risk, analyze the error of people who want to get where you want to go, analyze the error of other people, to police so that what happened to that person does not happen to you. All this in my point of view will make you improve continuously, you should think. Think about it.