Meditation and poker.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on this thread, great information!!

In life, not only in poker, controlling the mind and the ego is the way to achieve eternal happiness and the best channel to get there is through meditation in any way you do it or achieve that calm place. When you meditate you connect with your soul/spirituality and you can reach your highest potential being able to make better choices in every day decisions.
I agree with you. The path of self-development is the right decision. How to realize and develop your potential is the question which people should ask themselves and the more often the better.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you. The path of self-development is the right decision. How to realize and develop your potential is the question which people should ask themselves and the more often the better.

Mitroff, Thank you for this Thread... Earlier I Posted and jested in the last part with the Video clip from Caddie Shack but Have been thinking about Meditation and investigating more seriously into it...

I'd like to ask what you think about the concepts talked about in this video link...

Would you agree with The Speaker about meditation and how its a movement and not just "Something You Do"...

As a Daily Life Movement does meditation not have a continuity that doesn't require for us to sit quietly alone for 20mins?

Motive for Meditation and how that motivation effects the Quality meditation or reward from it?

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Inequitas, now I’m a bit busy, I’ll watch a video in the coming days and I’ll definitely tell you what I think. But it is worth considering that I am just a lover of meditation and a professional answer should not be expected.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Mitroff, Thank you for this Thread... Earlier I Posted and jested in the last part with the Video clip from Caddie Shack but Have been thinking about Meditation and investigating more seriously into it...

I'd like to ask what you think about the concepts talked about in this video link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLYN64dfKs

Would you agree with The Speaker about meditation and how its a movement and not just "Something You Do"...

As a Daily Life Movement does meditation not have a continuity that doesn't require for us to sit quietly alone for 20mins?

Motive for Meditation and how that motivation effects the Quality meditation or reward from it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IS1zW6In4
Very deep thoughts Jiddu Krishnamurti. I used to read a lot of his articles. Great person. Inequitas, thanks for reminding about him;). With much that he says, I agree 100%.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a month now I have been practicing meditation again. Now I moved to 15 minutes three times a day. Noticed some changes in daily life, results in poker without major changes;). I will sometimes write in this post about the changes. Maybe someone is interested:).

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message '8

This is the first time I've heard of meditation. But if it will help me to have an idea about the maps of the enemy then why not. Need to read about it at your leisure, thank you for the idea.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that in poker without extrasensory abilities can not do. Meditation gives the development of intuition, which is simply necessary in the game. Some kind of sixth sense appears when you know exactly what to do in this situation. But often the mind interferes with and ignores intuitive signals and wrong decisions appear.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying guided meditation, so far it has worked to improve my focus

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vasilii813, Natta777, VivicvrMga meditation is very individual and not suitable for everyone. But if you like meditation then forever. Maybe someone will come in handy I use the application Medativo is a calendar, reminder, sounds. There is also a great YouTube channel - Meditative Mind. Recommend.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's meditate, it doesn't hurt.;)

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have a healthy mind you can play better, you need a lot of concentration to not make any bad play and I think meditation can help you clear your mind

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call it meditation, but a state of calm and relaxation, able to deal with the slight increase in stress that supposes, for example, a long-term tournament.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, too, meditate regularly for non-religious reasons. It certainly helps keep me more aware of myself and lets me control my emotions, and I think it plays a large part in my poker success. Meditation isn't for everybody, of course, but I think those that disregard it without trying it are certainly missing out on what is (potentially) an amazing experience for them.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, only the attitude to the game and victory are important, I do not understand anything in meditation. It is enough to be in good physical and moral form so that nothing distracts you from the process of the game

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I meditate every morning at 5:30 am . It not only helps with poker but everyday life. If I miss a day I feels the effects

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often meditate, I like mantras, they help me, restore mental health. I love meditation! You can meditate every day, just putting your thoughts in order! Meditation can be used both before and after poker! Especially good after to regain your strength! Good luck! Order in anybody, order everywhere!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, too, meditate regularly for non-religious reasons. It certainly helps keep me more aware of myself and lets me control my emotions, and I think it plays a large part in my poker success. Meditation isn't for everybody, of course, but I think those that disregard it without trying it are certainly missing out on what is (potentially) an amazing experience for them.
I agree completely. Meditation will not make you happy, but it will help you find the path to happiness and make the path calm and peaceful.:)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like a wide selection of music on random mode to tell me how to meditate. If it is classical music I like to stare at a picture and dream what's going on. If it is rock-n-roll you play to the completion and jam.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some even include binaural beats when playing poker.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to immediately clarify that I do not consider meditation through the prism of spirituality or religion. My attitude to meditation as an instrument for the development of consciousness and self-knowledge. I have had meditation experience in university for three years. I think this played a role in the development of me as an adult and adequate person. Again start practicing meditation was prompted by a number of scientific articles and a desire to improve my psycho-emotional state when playing poker. Who had the experience please share.

Mind is often compared with drunken monkey. As monkey jumps from one place to another and one tree to another, in the same way thoughts come and go through mind continuously. This moment you are thinking something and the other moment you might be thinking else. That is the nature of mind .... restless.
A restless mind can't generate enough energy to accomplish something. Though it is our mind but not within our control. And that is where the meditation comes into play. To calm down your mind, to have some control of your thoughts so that you may concentrate well on something you want to.
Poker is a mental game where concentration to the game is the big factor. In my opinion, players who meditate regularly are more focused on the game and they perform better than others.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sibird, well formulated thoughts. A comparison with a drunk monkey made you wonder. A person from the East can be seen immediately.;)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree, meditation is a concept correlated to success in poker. The principle is simple. Meditation induces a favorable mental state of relaxation that allows to have a "clear mind". This mode of consciousness should, in theory, lead to better decisions at the tables. By reducing anxiety and improving memory, meditation is a tool to prepare for a task that requires a lot of concentration, whether it's an online session or a live tournament.

Last edited: