Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Duhamel said 9's and 10's, Affleck said kings back, which I guess is laughable that Duhamel put him on 9-10, < he put him on T-9? Pretty sure he was talkin' 'set of 9's.. set of T's" maybe you should give it another listern (Or just read the other post above). and if thats what he really thought, he gambled on a 16 outer to take a dominate chip lead. Turned out he only had 10 outs, but thats why they call it gambling I guess.
Look, lets cut to the chase,LOL back on Sept. 28th, I started a $9.60(freerolled thru the PSO league) who cares? bankroll at Poker Stars and have built it to over $700, after a bad day at FT, and only averaging out for a long run at FT.(you can player scope that by the way, and you'll find i play ALL the games very well, so you can choose the game) Why?.. so you can post like an ass as you've done in this thread?
Why is it I get a kick out of Duhamels giggle after Aflac throws his water bottle in the hall. Who knows?.. who knows what motivates you to do anything you do?
Matt Aflac, the darling child of poker, just ask Chad !, This is all so friggin funny. < why are you so amused by some guy's misfortune? After goin' deep two years in-a-row & then getting donked out of a deep run in the Main Event?[/quote]

Have another drink.... or ten.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
matt played that hand perfect and optimally. and for the people stating that they would auto ship it preflop after duhamel's reraise to make him fold. are u ****ing kidding me. u dont want the money to go in when u have the best possible hand? then what do u wanna wait for? the nuts on the river? might as well ask affleck to shove with 9 2 o/s.

it took balls for matt to slowplay his AA, instead of just being a wimp and shoving pre. given that he was 4 away from the FT, of the biggest poker tourney in the world, i dont see how his tears were an issue. everyone claims poker is a sport, and how many elite sportsmen have u seen in tears after a crushing loss at some stage in their career?

what mattered was how affleck composed himself and walked back to shake everyone's hands. that's class people. class.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
LMFAO are u seriously comparing Matt Afflecks bad beat in the WSOP to the first time posters here on CC who play MICRO limits??????? holy mother of god i hope not...your post makes baby jesus cry.

To me it sounded like he didn't think it was much of a badbeat (I mean.. what was the comparison... sayin' AA cracked by JJ is really taking it out of context.. in a big way).

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im up to the last ~40, spoiler alert D:.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duhamel said 9's and 10's, Affleck said kings back, which I guess is laughable that Duhamel put him on 9-10, < he put him on T-9? Pretty sure he was talkin' 'set of 9's.. set of T's" maybe you should give it another listern (Or just read the other post above).
HE CLEARLY SAYS 10'S AND 9'S, I GUESS IT COULD BE HEARD AS SET OF 9'S, SET OF 10'S. BUT WHEN HE SEE'S THE ACES, HE GETS A PAINED LOOK ON HIS FACE WHICH COULD ONLY LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE HE REALIZED HE LOST OUTS. SO YOU PROBABLY NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN, I HAVE WATCHED IT PROBABLY 20 TIMES BECAUSE IT MAY BE THE MOST EPIC PRE-FINAL TABLE HAND IN THE HISTORY OF THE EVENT. lOOK AT HOW BONKERS THIS THREAD WENT OVER 1 HAND OF POKER. THERE ARE CLEARLY PEOPLE WHO FEEL AN EMOTIONAL TIE TO MATT AFFLECK OVER HOW HORRIBLE THAT BEAT WAS. IT IS THE MOST STUNNING DRAMATIZED RIVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, MAYBE? NOT TO MENTION THE FIRST 3:24 BEFORE THAT 8 HITS THE FELT.
LOL back on Sept. 28th, I started a $9.60(freerolled thru the PSO league) who cares? bankroll at Poker Stars and have built it to over $700, after a bad day at FT, and only averaging out for a long run at FT.(you can player scope that by the way, and you'll find i play ALL the games very well, so you can choose the game) Why?.. so you can post like an ass as you've done in this thread?
YING YANG, AS I HAD EXPECTED ! I ADMITTED IT'S NOT IMPRESSIVE IN THE OVERALL SCHEME OF THINGS, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT CAN BE DONE BY SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TO START LEARNING POKER.
ALL TALK NO GAME, AND LOTS OF MILLION POST TALK DOWNS ON PEOPLE. YOU CLEARLY STATED THAT I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY POKER, I AM BEGGING YOU TO PLAY ME HEADS UP SO I CAN SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I NEED TO LEARN. OR, STOP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH AND TALKING DOWN ON PEOPLE, WANT ME TO THROW LINKS TO THREADS IN HERE WHERE YOU HAVE DONE IT TO OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE? THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISSECTING SOMEONES OPINION WITH KNOWLEDGABLE INFORMATION AND JUST FLATOUT TELLING THEM THEY ARE STUPID.
I WAS BEING AN ASS WHEN I MADE A COMMENT ABOUT AFLAC'S OBESITY AND I LATER APPOLOGIZED AND UNDERSTAND I WAS WRONG. SAYING LOOK THE BOTTOM LINE IS HE SHOULD HAVE 5 BET SHOVED IS NOT BEING AN ASS, IT WAS MY OPINION ON THE HAND, AN OPINION I MAY ADD THAT SEEMS TO BE REFLECTED MORE TIMES THAN NOT IN THIS THREAD.

Why is it I get a kick out of Duhamels giggle after Aflac throws his water bottle in the hall. Who knows?.. who knows what motivates you to do anything you do?
Matt Aflac, the darling child of poker, just ask Chad !, This is all so friggin funny. < why are you so amused by some guy's misfortune? After goin' deep two years in-a-row & then getting donked out of a deep run in the Main Event?[/quote]

YOU DON'T THINK IT WAS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP THE WAY NORMAN CHAD CODDLED THIS KID THRUOUT THE TOURNAMENT, IT WAS SO OVER THE TOP, I PERSONALLY AM STARTING TO THINK IT WAS DARK HUMOR ON HIS PART.
I ADDED THE GIGGLE PART BECAUSE I EXPLAINED HOW IT WAS A KID THAT LOOKED JUST LIKE AFLAC THAT TOOK A NICE HUSTLE I HAD IN HS OVER, JUST AS MATT AFLAC WILL END UP WINNING WAY MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN THAN DUHAMEL, SO THE GIGGLE IS YOUR BETTER THAN ME, BUT i SUCKEDOUT AND SAW YOU GO DOWN ONCE AGAINST ME AND I CAN'T HELP THE NERVOUS GIGGLE.

Have another drink.... or ten.

I HAVEN'T DRANK IN 2 YEARS, ANOTHER OC40 HERE OR THERE NEVER HURTS THOUGH.:p
I THINK YOUR A FRAUD, YOU CAN PRIVATE MESSAGE ME TO SET UP THE DETAILS, I DON'T WANNA PLAY IT OUT(AND I WON'T ANYMORE, I'M DONE WITH THIS ARGUMENT) ON THE BOARDS, I JUST WANNA SHUT YOU UP FOR WHAT YOU SAID, FOR ME, I DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT IT. WE'LL KEEP IT BETWEEN US, YOU NAME THE GAME, AMOUNT AND SERIES LENGTH.
IS IT TRUE YOUR STILL SUCKING UP FREEROLL MONEY WHILE OTHER PLAYERS TRYING TO GET A START AND JUST LEARNING POKER, ARE TRYING TO HAVE A LITTLE SOMETHING?:(

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bottom line:
If Affleck holds on he is the chip leader this very second in the biggest tournament in the world and not a single person would suggest he should have played it differently.

results-oriented people ITT.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bottom line:
If Affleck holds on he is the chip leader this very second in the biggest tournament in the world and not a single person would suggest he should have played it differently.

results-oriented people ITT

i think thiss is exaactly what me and doncemorechance said..glad your on our side kind sir :D

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I JUST WANNA SHUT YOU UP FOR WHAT YOU SAID, FOR ME, I DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT IT. WE'LL KEEP IT BETWEEN US, YOU NAME THE GAME, AMOUNT AND SERIES LENGTH.[/B]
[/B]

HU4ROLZZZ ITT?

i think thiss is exaactly what me and doncemorechance said..glad your on our side kind sir :D

Dude, there are more of us for sure on the first page, just sayin.

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
< he put him on T-9? Pretty sure he was talkin' 'set of 9's.. set of T's" maybe you should give it another listern (Or just read the other post above).

I'm pretty sure he thought two-pair. The audio from the clip sounds like he's saying "10's and 9's" to me. Also, if he thought Affleck had a set, then he's getting really bad odds to call with only 10 outs. Finally, he looks pretty disappointed when he sees aces, but they give him the same number of outs as a set.

Though I think it is a pretty strange read by Duhamel. Affleck's read makes much more sense.

J

Jacobalyrus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of what he said, if Duhamel thought that Affleck called his huge pre-flop raise with 9-10, that close to the November 9, with Duhamel having him covered stack-wise, then he can't be the brightest spark...

I doubt that was his read (maybe he just said it to throw everyone else off of his thought process, but if he genuinely thought that on the inside it's laughable) and if it actually was his read it's a shocker...

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a tough way to lose regardless of how he played the aces. Ouch!! He should of took the beat like a real man instead of crying like a little baby. LMAO!! Poker can be such a brutal game.

R u serious??? man thats so stupid of u to say. Do u know how hard and crushing it would be to lose a chance at 9mil on something where u had it AI favored big? Of course u havent. Like PattyR said, i probably be crying too, u wouldnt be human if u didnt show any emotion like he did

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
R u serious??? man thats so stupid of u to say. Do u know how hard and crushing it would be to lose a chance at 9mil on something where u had it AI favored big? Of course u havent. Like PattyR said, i probably be crying too, u wouldnt be human if u didnt show any emotion like he did

I completely agree that the average reaction would certainly be
to show some emotion here.

But do you think it's possible to show emotion and not break down
into tears?

I do.

Ben Affleck is certainly not the first person I have seen to lose a tough poker
situation with alot of money on the line.

He is the first person, however, that I have seen cry when he lost.

J

Jacobalyrus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matt Affleck... Not Ben (although you might've said Ben just to get a response, so I'll bite)... And, to be honest, watch the video again because he wasn't actually bawling like crazy... At first he looked shocked, then his face was mostly just buried in his hands, then he threw his bottle... That's about it... Then he came back and greeted everyone... This whole "he was crying like a little girl" thing is blown out of both context and proportion... But there you go...

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

into tears?

I do.

Affleck holds he is both chip leader and huge favourite to win $9m. $9m. I bawl like a bitch in his situation

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Affleck holds he is both chip leader and huge favourite to win $9m. $9m. I bawl like a bitch in his situation

Same, seriously what the hell is wrong with him crying? He's human, he'd been pushing for days to redeem himself after the blow up last year that Norman Chad keeps kindly reminding us about, and he fell just short of the FT, and not because of a blowup. He got it in good on the turn, in retrospect he should have shoved on the flop... he knows that now too.

I'll say it once again, great run Matt Affleck, I think you definitely deserved to be on that final table.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duhamel did not say "9's and 10's", as in "T9", he said "9's or 10's" as in "99" or "TT"

O

oveja_negra11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor Affleck. This was the most brutal thing I've ever seen!

B

baseballfool2231

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is so funny how he blew up, but i can see y, he played all those days and in finally bust, and i believe his aces got cracked i cant recall, but i would get a little mad too, i get mad when im at home hate to see if it happen in real life

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't understand why some think pushing allin pre is optimal strategy, affleck flatted because he is a great player and knew what the correct play was in that situation. he put in a good value bet after the flop then on the turn he pushed and ran into a guy who couldn't lay down a mediocre draw. i guess everyone is critiquing affleck because he lost the hand, pretty easy to say he played it wrong when you know he ends up losing.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

into tears?

I do.

ok man once ur in that situation and u dont cry then i will believe u. Until then no im sry i believe his reaction was fine and should not be criticized upon

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many things I don't understand about some posts/posters in this thread. :confused:
  1. Results oriented much?
  2. What the hell is the big deal about grown men crying? Sounds like some misguided macho BS to me. Everybody has different emotional thresholds. Crying is a natural human reaction. Often, it's an involuntary emotional response that one has little control over, especially when adding in fatigue, stress, severe disappointment, etc. Put it this way: once your brain says "cry!" I'd like to see you stop it, tough guy. If you believe crying makes a man less of a man, then you're probably either a brainwashed macho jerk who's still stuck in the Wild West era, or a spineless crybaby with your own self-esteem issues who is trying to compensate. "Real men" are somewhere in between, FYI, which hopefully you'll figure out when you grow up.
  3. LOL, the best hand losing after the money goes in isn't a bad beat? Seriously? I think some people need to get a poker dictionary because they obviously don't comprehend the definition of common poker terms.
no need to be rude when defending one play or the other. in fact this thread should be close i think, i don't think i ever saw so many CC members insulting each other, and for what? for a guy who has his own mind and can decide for himself and probably doesn't even know who we are.
I'm pretty sure the more rude insults ITT started flying not from the debate over what was the optimal play, which is always a valid discussion IMO despite the difference in opinion. No, the train wreck happened in response to some people with serious maturity issues throwing out the "fat nerd" and "crybaby" ad-hominem attacks, which are entirely uncalled for. When I hear juvenile stuff like that, I for one have a very hard time NOT stooping to the schoolyard level along with them.

Just sayin'...

P

p0keherj0ker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha agreed, far too many people looking at it from a results orientated pespective. .

And with respect to showing emotion, its hard to know exactly how he would feel..
But based on his history busting out of the ME in previous years, one would imagine he would have been crushed by the hand at such a late stage in the tourny. His emotional response seems quite clearly justified.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it only takes one mistake, plus its hard to see the mistake after hours upon hours of play. if affleck won the hand we probably wouldnt have even considered his play a mistake. Affleck got it in good on the river, even if we can see that pushing duhamel off preflop would have been better, affleck was probably sure enough of his play and skill that he could fold if it became apparent that duhamel had him beat. duhamel never did so... yeah, crushing river.

I don't get how we can call Affleck's play a 'mistake'? If anything... the only 'mistake' he possibly made was thinking on levels beyond what Duhamel seemed capable of... BUT to call Affleck's play a 'mistake'... is results-oriented thinking... & < that is a mistake.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How would you call what Affleck did a mistake? He took a terrible beat, I don't know what he could did that would helped his chances on that hand.

2ofdakind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That exact hand is what makes poker such great tv. As for him blowing up; are you kidding me? if anything he was ready to say and do so much more but he rather imploded and merely let out a few tears.. we all know how it feels like to completely outplay a fish and come out on the wrong end. And thats all Duhamel is imo. He was this years Darvin Moon, he just managed to hang on to win.