Matt Affleck

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me this obviously comes down to playing this one of 2 ways.

1. You go AI hoping for the fold after Duhamel does that last raise preflop. Probably would have happened based on what we know Duhamel had.
2. Play it the way Matt did to extract maximum value. But then you run the risk of the aces getting busted.

Both answers are correct. Getting the fold preflop guarantees you probably make it to the final table. Obviously that's a good thing.

Or you play it and make some big raises post flop and try to knock him off the hand after he puts more money in the pot. Everyone here knows that head to head, AA has a 20% chance of getting busted (ok, so that's vs a full range of starting hands). But it still a risk you take if the river card is shown.

I don't think Matt played his hand badly. The only thing he did is knowingly put his tournament life at risk. As others have said, if he wins the hand then he played it perfectly and we're all here questioning WTH Duhamel was thinking.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As others have said, if he wins the hand then he played it perfectly and we're all here questioning WTH Duhamel was thinking.

I don't know about you...... but personally I am questioning wth Duhamel was thinking. Whether he wins the hand or not, I think he did play it perfectly.
I also believe that Duhamel was way outclassed by many who had gone deep in the MainEvent (Affleck being one of many).

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously both answers can be correct. I think the right play would have been a shove all in. At that point he had to know his J's were no longer strong enough with someone risking his tournament life at that point in time without having him completely crushed. He may or may not have folded though.....

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about you...... but personally I am questioning wth Duhamel was thinking. Whether he wins the hand or not, I think he did play it perfectly.
I also believe that Duhamel was way outclassed by many who had gone deep in the MainEvent (Affleck being one of many).
You have me confused. You start off stating that you question WTH Duhamel was thinking. I'm guessing in calling the AI. But then you state that he played it perfectly. Or are you referring to Affleck playing the hand perfectly. That would make more sense based on what I've read on your earlier posts.

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously both answers can be correct. I think the right play would have been a shove all in. At that point he had to know his J's were no longer strong enough with someone risking his tournament life at that point in time without having him completely crushed. He may or may not have folded though.....

You think that Affleck wouldnt have wanted the call? wow.