Marijuana and poker?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are 100% right, the THC will help you shrug off bad beats more easily. Also, I suggest a little heroin to give you a nice loopy feeling, and some cocaine or amphetamine to help you focus better. And if you don't like your screen settings you could always adjust the colors and shapes with some LSD.
Educate yourself on marijuana and you won't be placing it in the same category as Heroin, cocaine, lsd.

The reason I don't place marijuana in the same group is because it is impossible to overdose on marijuana.

According to a 1988 United States administrative law hearing:

“7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana’s LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

• At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

• In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity.”
Watch this and look at a few more.

There are also many health benefits.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heal...slows-the-progression-of-alzheimers-disease-7

Weed helps more than people want to believe and as a daily pot smoker, I can tell you, I'm not lazy or unemployed which is a stereo type, I have family and financial obligations that come before anything else.

The marijuana is there to handle my anxiety issues, financial stresses of daily life and the best part of it is I don't need a prescription or have to pay the outrageous fees associated with prescription meds.

Last edited:
damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs and poker do not match ,say no to drugs and yes to poker.

Last edited:
Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take any kind of Drugs including Marihuana, you are not suppose to play Poker or any other game.
Get treatment, get well, get healthy and than come back to play Poker.
Try to do some sports, eat well, participate on groups of help, therapy, try not to be a drug addict. Drugs are really bad. If you are a cosumer you are financing the dealers, paying their money to buy more drugs, guns, rob and kill people.
Drugs are one of the worst things men invented. Stay away from it and be carefull with your children...

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am opposed to marijuana, and not only so, I believe that you should not play poker under its influence!
Oh I totally agree. Remember that nice boy Billy Harper who smoked a marijuana cigarette and then murdered his entire family with an axe after punting off 5 buy-ins in 15 minutes at .05/.10nl? That's all we need is some craven dope addict turning the virtual felt into his own private hellhole. It's time to stand up against these twisted psycho's. God know what kind of vulgar things they might say in the Chatbox. " Radical Avitar Dude!" "uh, wha?". "Any Zepplin fans here?" "I need to pick up some cleaning products". Besides, everyone knows that alcohol is the only acceptable recreational drug when playing poker.

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vices and poker don't mix but to each his own.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love all the arguments about Weed, I myself have a good combo of "Drugs" when I play. MMJ is a hourly must for myself so it is defiantly a go to for poker.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, I do not subscribe to the belief that Marijuana is a harmless drug. I wish it wasn't so prevalent, if the truth be told. Putting this aside, I think long-term lessons and success in almost anything requires a sober approach. Managing your emotions and learning lessons on a consistent basis would likely benefit from a consistent approach, including managing your body chemistry. If you are in an altered state of mind then this will likely affect both your emotional state as well as the conditions as to which you are likely to recall lessons learned. There have been studies which have demonstrated that recall is tied to your state of mind. Meaning if you learn something when you're high, then your ability to recall this information may be best when you are in a similar altered state. So, it would seem that a better approach would be to be sober since this is a state of mind which lends itself to more consistency. Think of it this way, while altered states may vary quite a bit, your sober self will be more consistently, you.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time I smoked it felt like someone was holding me outside a skydiving airplane.So....that would be terrible for my poker game as donk as it is right now.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love all the arguments about Weed, I myself have a good combo of "Drugs" when I play. MMJ is a hourly must for myself so it is defiantly a go to for poker.
Amen brotha, weed gets such a bad rap it's laughable.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not smoke, do not drink, play sober is much better.

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok kool

its a personal thing man....some smoke some dont......no matter if im high or not...right now i suck at poker....working hard to fix it though:cool:

Ivan Basic

Ivan Basic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course.

How about allways?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once tried to smoke marijuana and play poker, it's very bad and I could not concentrate on the game, do not do it at all, and then you can lose all that is in your bankroll, just for the game you need to concentrate well and be with a clear head!

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahah :) U made my day with this post.I dont know what to say cause never been in this situation.I hope u have a great time at the tabels man.Cheers

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The comments in this thread is hilarious

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is just quoted by memory, but good old Bob Marley said sth. like > There is truth in smoking a bit and there is Hell, vengeance and fire in smoking too much. I totally agree!May I ask you a counterquestion? (just 4 the brain, not promoting anything here) !!!
Has poker kept you far away from smoking weed?:icon_rr:

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A terrible topic, I personally think that people should not take marijuana. It does not matter, medical or other ...

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I categorically treat drugs, so I care about who and what they do, it's their choice, for example, under the influence of alcohol in a small amount, I managed to win not an expensive tournament, I do not know this coincidence or accident, maybe a little relaxes the alcohol, as it helps not to strain the brains in the game, and I can not say anything about marijuana, as I did not use it, and what kind of effect it is.

J

jmac4909

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be beneficial to help keep you calm and focused. but not too much or I feel as though you'd lose your edge when playing

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My choice is marijuana ... not too often and not every day, but it helps me to "refresh the brain" do not drink alcohol, do not take any other opiates ... only green and helps ... who does not understand cannabis should not it smokes ... the problem is that we serve (tv, school, doctor) is the story of how harmful ... but Coke cola is more harmful than her ... the first tournament I won with marijuana :)*whay is still ilegal ? Becose is more expensiv if is legal everibody will can to put in garden :) think with your mine no what somwbody else say ...🙋

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And ...90 procent pwople thray marihuana in high school or younger...theat is not years for marihuana...in theat years we canot understand marihuana...

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am opposed to you and that whack statement

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pens are where its at ...90% not smellin like bud n ruining other nose or annoying them ..repect the other pepole at the taable ..unless ur at home online thennnn my advice...blaze it up lol im my focus n make better decision i feel some might not feel the same ...