Marijuana and poker?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drugs are evil guys do not use them in the game and in everyday life be smarter and stronger.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they say marijuana makes you relax and calm and everything u do you will enjoy it. i think thats good on poker if u still can control it. atleast u can laught when you lose. tilt?? no more..!! lol

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be careful with marijuana. And play poker only in a sober state!

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that marijuana and poker are incompatible because drugs dwarf the head and it hinders both poker and health.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried marijuana and I don't like it . The heart beats very fast .

Think about the heart beats. You flesh. He needs a life. You don't map the mind-brain operating from the heart with the mind incarnation of the cardiac muscles in your mind.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not believe that you posted it, in many countries drugs are illegal. I laughed here...

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannabis is a gateway drug (to destroy any family). Marijuana is a plant that belong to the genus Cannabis. You do whatever you want out of your life. Take care! cannabis is a drug, dangerous and illegal (good for crime/terrorism).

DannyWhite

DannyWhite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
listen i loved smoking the best of green & loved even more growing it so for you to assume the grows where shitty & after the 12 hour shifts the word flush actually means its clean??. my man i used to be you and would have replied to my original post probably even more judgemental and demeaning than you but as i only have love for you brother i sincerely hope somewhere down the line you dont end up in the living hell my shoes can be due to my love for the hybrids & hydro. love & luck at the tables. M

I smoke weed and play poker and its good...Im not stupid or smth

Cannabis is a gateway drug (to destroy any family). Marijuana is a plant that belong to the genus Cannabis. You do whatever you want out of your life. Take care! cannabis is a drug, dangerous and illegal (good for crime/terrorism).

Weed and terrorist?? Wish too see it

Be careful with marijuana. And play poker only in a sober state!

I made 3 (7500players) place in 7.50$ bounty and I was smoking all tournament (8h)
soo dont lie to mee

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i get high all the time while playing. prolly not the best idea as i find it makes me more tentatvie in play style

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana clouds a man's mind. It is not a good idea to play under its influence.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana is a poison for your health, I don not believe that it helps or something. How can you combine it with poker? Except if you are not-thinking player and play only for fun. But if you seriously want to show results and win, you should not even think about smoking it.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just enjoy, especially online.
Remember to add some, also medicinal, whiskey to avoid colds/flu.
I trust the combination keeps you healthy and happy and boosts my bankroll.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is an interesting question because it affects each type of person differently. I, for example, like to play sober, and I also do not use marijuana, but I have a well-known professional gambler who does not stop smoking one before playing, both online and in lives

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I am not sure if I am allowed to post this so admins/mods please correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for my mistake. My question to you guys is how many of you enjoy cannabis (medical of course) while you play poker? Do you think it affects your performance at all in Negative or Positive ways. Personally I am able to shrug off bad beats a lot better than when I am sober. Was just curious as to how other players react.

You are 100% right, the THC will help you shrug off bad beats more easily. Also, I suggest a little heroin to give you a nice loopy feeling, and some cocaine or amphetamine to help you focus better. And if you don't like your screen settings you could always adjust the colors and shapes with some LSD.

purple714

purple714

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana and poker

There is nothing wrong with playing poker while under the influence of marijuana. There is nothing wrong with using marijuana recreationally either except that it's illegal in most places. Personally I find that the calming effects help my game. It's been said that you lose focus while high but I don't think that's true, it really depends on what you want to focus on, if you don't really feel like focusing on your game, you won't if you're high or sober...:cool:

AAdobAA

AAdobAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they do not have drugs or alcohol to do in serious money playing, but while playing with friends in Mallorca, some hashish will not hurt, but time lazily :)

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marihuana and poker still go hand in hand this 2018!

Anyone remember reefer poker??? LOL

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its best to play focus, not been under the influence of marijuana or alcohol. You can either play to aggressive or you can play slow where you are not thinking straight or focus enough for the right decision to take.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of "funny", misinformed stereotypical comments regarding marijuana here. But the one that takes the cake is that its better to drink alcohol because you are against drugs - fn hilarious.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Mary Jane enhance a player’s effectiveness at the poker tables! For me it's NOWAY

This subject is not recent and the polemic on the benefits of weed use while playing poker will always have its advocates and detractors, some Pot players will tell you thatNormally, it gives you a calming, relaxed mood that may be beneficial however the tendency to make one feel High or seemingly Focused may disturb your ability to achieve a real focus and to be concentrated on your play and if you are playing a long tourney you will feel borred and you will be easily crushed because you will need to sleep and sleeping when in tourney will make you lose it.

[I don’t think people can play optimally when they take some kind of drug][/Allen ‘Chainsaw’] Professional Player

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This answer I respect, you evaluated it for yourself and came to a decision. My point is its very subjective. As a 30+ year smoker that held multiple corporate jobs and ran his own businesses successfully until I got ill a couple years ago, I function just as well playing high as playing sober. I also do not smoke myself into oblivion.

On the other hand a buddy I have will not touch marijuana, but will drink whisky. and I mean Drink, not sip! Of course he grew up in "Dublin" #stereotype but I have watched him take down an entire room of seasoned local players while at the same time drinking enough to put me under the table. I am useless when I drink, he is useless when he smokes. And many others prefer being completely sober. All that matters is what works for you.

DoesMary Jane enhance a player’s effectiveness at the poker tables! For me it's NOWAY

This subject is not recent and the polemic on the benefits of weed use while playing poker will always have its advocates and detractors, some Pot players will tell you thatNormally, it gives you a calming, relaxed mood that may be beneficial however the tendency to make one feel High or seemingly Focused may disturb your ability to achieve a real focus and to be concentrated on your play and if you are playing a long tourney you will feel borred and you will be easily crushed because you will need to sleep and sleeping when in tourney will make you lose it.

[I don’t think people can play optimally when they take some kind of drug][/Allen ‘Chainsaw’] Professional Player

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I've never smoked it ... So I do not know anything about it. But to me so well, without medicines.:D

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if it does not interfere with your game, then you can smoke on health

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Drugs and alcohol will not help in poker, to someone who is free of them. And who is not free, this is necessary, but not for poker probably.