Marijuana and poker?

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I am not sure if I am allowed to post this so admins/mods please correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for my mistake. My question to you guys is how many of you enjoy cannabis (medical of course) while you play poker? Do you think it affects your performance at all in Negative or Positive ways. Personally I am able to shrug off bad beats a lot better than when I am sober. Was just curious as to how other players react.
probably make better decisions if you don't smoke weeeeed

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dope and booze!

Dope and booze dont mix with playing poker! It dulls the senses it confuses you. You will definitely miss the signs. And your reads will always suck.:icon_thum

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I am not sure if I am allowed to post this so admins/mods please correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for my mistake. My question to you guys is how many of you enjoy cannabis (medical of course) while you play poker? Do you think it affects your performance at all in Negative or Positive ways. Personally I am able to shrug off bad beats a lot better than when I am sober. Was just curious as to how other players react.

Coming from a state where marijuana is legal both medically and for rec. uses I'd say if someone has anxiety issues it helps a lot at the table. I don't smoke anymore but my oldest son does for his anxiety. He used to get extremely agitated with bad beats at the table and either go on super tilt or berate the other players poor play. He'd also be hyper impatient and sometimes make rash decisions, while having trouble concentrating. I've noticed since he was prescribed the cannabis he's not only way more calm at the table but has also seen his results improve as well, and I've also noticed his concentration level has greatly increased. So I think for some people it can really help. I know it's not for everyone but it's definitely not the same as having a drunk guy at your table.

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
marihuana mmmmmmmmmm no it is not recomendable for player with mental

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cannabis and cards

I find that it can make me much more patient in the later rounds when I need to play tight. I smoke for pain anyway #CRPSsux. but a strong relaxing strand can help you focus on whats going on especially if its medical

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoking and poker

Just a little helps my patience. But atm I live in the Philipinnes. Laws here are very strict and Im a foriegner, so Ive not smoked since last time I was in the US. Next time I go back to the US for a visit I will stay red eyed the whole time Im there. Not medical only recreational.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done this a couple times playing in home games. While I did win one of those times, it was strictly dumb luck and do not recommend doing anything that inhibits your decision making.

D

DOMAN8R

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to do it all the time however truth be told when I play sober I can see the cards..lol

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a drug addict is a sick person.In any case, this is an inadequate person.I wouldn't want to play with him at the same table

L

lthorsen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a recent case study conducted at the university of New New York, Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth and his assistant Dr Zoidberg administered a large dose of the mind altering soft drink Slurm (TM) to a test group. A control group of equal number were given a placebo.

The entire group were asked to perform various tasks:

Calculate the odds of getting a flush draw with AKs preflop on 9 seat NLHE table.
Find a working password for any freeroll game.
Figure out how to make a pokerstar/poker school account and get it to work in less than 3 earth days.
Plot a course on a starmap to New New New Las Vegas on the Hawaiian pleasure planet Iwanahockalugie.
Bite Benders shiny metal a** (a personal request, not mandatory)

No single test subject managed any of these things, partly due to the control subjects being selected from a group of 160 year old residents of the artificial planet, Near Deathstar. None of them could remember their own names, and all of them had to be shot at with a bowel disruptor cannon to even pass gas. The results of these tests were almost 99.9% inconclusive, and since 99.98626553% of all percentages are made up, this study proves beyond a doubt that this study was a complete and utter waste of time.
:icon_thum

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Hello there.Playing poker under influence is not a good way to act .No emotions drugs or alcohol should be appear while playing poker .Clear mind and no influence .Clear mind clear desicions.Good luck friends.

B

blackchip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with one exception

I don't take anything that alters my state of mind while playing poker. That includes cannabis, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol etc. Drugs and gambling just don't mix in my opinion. Especially with a game that's so revolved around decision making.

Valium clears my head and my HUD stats show it, big laydowns, hero calls. But I've only tried it a couple times.. hard to get my hands on it.. my Dr's a little *****. Won a tourney 5.50 re-buy ... 1200 or so one of the days.

I used to smoke cannabis like it was going out of style, but it made my game worse. I find I make the worst insta-calls acting as Mary Jane gives me the force to read the hands more in-depth. lost a lot of money doing it.

PS. I wrote the article and argument that legalized weed in canada.

Drinking is just a horrible idea. VP and PFR rise dramatically. Find your inner Chi.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 for using cannabis while playing. Really helps concentrate on the action and make good decisions! Never lets me act impatient! :cool::cool::cool:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not play well and concentrate if I have not smoked a good joint to relax before a game.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once played drunk)
lost a lot of money in one night.
The next day I was not funny,poker and alcohol-it's money down the drain))) What about grass,did not try

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol or drugs to relax, this is a private matter. but the fact that it helps in the game, only a self-deception.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol or drugs to relax, this is a private matter. but the fact that it helps in the game, only a self-deception.

I would not agree on this. Furthermore, I would strongly recommend to you, and to all the other players, to use as much alcohol and marijuana while playing poker as possible. Perhaps that way I would be able to win a tournament once in a decade.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to see the ace for a kind do it , i won't recoment it ,you need focus on the game not your mood ,

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally don’t think you should be playing poker under the influence of any drug, including alcohol.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not agree on this. Furthermore, I would strongly recommend to you, and to all the other players, to use as much alcohol and marijuana while playing poker as possible. Perhaps that way I would be able to win a tournament once in a decade.

Do you really think that when you are exposed to alcohol or light drugs, you will win the tournament !?Although everything can be! Luck does not choose with whom to be, sober or drunk:D

Last edited:
leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love cannabis. i use to smoke some and play live tourneys. i actually play a lot better. maybe because it would make me concentrate.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never tried this while playing poker and i don't thith that this can really help. My poker drug is green tea haha. This is the maximum for me.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am hoping that the table I play at is full of potheads. In fact, I look forward to competing in any arena, whether it be poker, chess, backgammon, whatever, with potheads. Bring it on!

Y

Yterrible

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I roll up! Definitely more mellow after a nice one. As far as how it impacts my game I think it is negligible.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure whether my previous post went through so let me repeat it here. I look forward to competing with potheads in any cerebral activity, whether it be poker, chess, backgammon, even Stratego, whatever. If you want to smoke pot and compete with me, bring it on!