Guys just dont get too high you may misread your cards if you multitable
4Ks may look like AKs or 44 may look like AA lol

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to smoke daily, I rarely played poker back then.

Nowadays when I have some it's not always mellow, it can be like an acid flashback, so I tend to avoid it.

A good amount of excercise daily and keeping on top of my daily duties is enough to give me a psychological edge these days.

FishwivChips

FishwivChips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed!

I recently got engaged to a noisy but beautiful american girl so have been spending a lot of time in California while our marriage visa is granted (im english btw). We went to one of the many legal cannabis dispensaries they have there and my mind was blown! Such amazing informed service with some of the best bud ive ever seen! Got a great deal too!

Im a reasonably new yet dedicated poker player and i found a little smoke before a session really helped me to concentrate. It might sound bad but I find playing poker with a totally sober mind can be at times less engaging than if you have a little buzz of some form going on. I used to have a few beers while playing which i found loosened me up some what and gave me a little more courage when making decisions. Thats all well and good but when you push it a little too far and lean more to the side of being drunk those previous brave decisions slowly turned into idiotic and often suicidal ones.

Im excited to eventually move to California and have access to the good green thats available.. My poker game will hopefully grow just like the plants do =)

dackler

dackler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed!

I recently got engaged to a noisy but beautiful american girl so have been spending a lot of time in California while our marriage visa is granted (im english btw). We went to one of the many legal cannabis dispensaries they have there and my mind was blown! Such amazing informed service with some of the best bud ive ever seen! Got a great deal too!

Im a reasonably new yet dedicated poker player and i found a little smoke before a session really helped me to concentrate. It might sound bad but I find playing poker with a totally sober mind can be at times less engaging than if you have a little buzz of some form going on. I used to have a few beers while playing which i found loosened me up some what and gave me a little more courage when making decisions. Thats all well and good but when you push it a little too far and lean more to the side of being drunk those previous brave decisions slowly turned into idiotic and often suicidal ones.

Im excited to eventually move to California and have access to the good green thats available.. My poker game will hopefully grow just like the plants do =)

Well said sir :D
Sounds like a plan :cool:

M

MT523

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. If I'm playing online I think it helps me a bit with playing straightforward poker to cash at SnGs. I'd prefer not to if I play live because I feel I'd get too nervous for no reason.

FishwivChips

FishwivChips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha thnks pal... even the cards we play with enjoy a smoke!

Look at those eyes!!

Attachments

• 56ca0fc4e3fdaa5f831663a95db07e6e.jpg
    56ca0fc4e3fdaa5f831663a95db07e6e.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 32
GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
eating while playing poker I don't like is to completely stop thinking.but Yes, music can help some songs just to drive the TRANS that have a big impact on my game.hemp don't smoke just don't get pleasure from it (tried different).only his own snuff here is a thrill))

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LoL

No drugs no alcohol, it ruins the concentration

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm afraid that I don't fit! Although...to each his own. :)))

marreuh

marreuh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am against all other drugs than cannabis because it basically causes no deaths, way less addicting than other drugs and it doesn't turn you into abusive monster. And still, it is illegal in my country unlike alcohol and tobacco.

But with poker? It may actually help IF you are suffering from some form of anxiety or if you just can not relax at the table. I rather describe it as "medicine" in this case.

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannabis and Poker are two combinations that combine the skiils of equit and the pacience to control the nervousness.
I prefer smoking it instead eating,so when I register in a tourney I just fire the weed up and play smoothly and generally I don't get nervous after losing with AA KK or QQ.

Last edited:
Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
CANNABIS is not a drug ,It is just a plant that can be used for humans that prefer it to themselves , so if someone prefer the plant respect its opinion and don't,t call it drug (drug is a heavy word for marijuana) the CANNABIS was unfairly banned in the beginning of the 19th century ;It could have healed too many diseases included cancer.So please respect It, Cannabis is here in the world to help us not to hurt .

marreuh

marreuh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cancer? I mean come on. That is ridiculous claim.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not go into the analysis of specific cases, then in general, eating, drinking, listening to music, movies and other moments negatively affect the quality of the game, since this is an additional burden on your brain, which reduces concentration on the main process - the game in poker! Of course, there are exceptions, since not all people are the same.

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be good to influence the game so that I agree with you...:icon_porc

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used weed many time while im playing, its true it gives you patient, but it also make you do stupid decisions . you will have no fear to call all-in while you have nothing in your hand :D
after my experience with weed i dont suggest anyone to play while smoking weed

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the type of weed, i
indica [/ QUOTE] will help you focus on what you're doing, but not overused because if you get used, you will be dependent, and live tournaments do not know if it will be very good

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From my point of view you, are absolutely right.

Mickflava888

Mickflava888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe true for only cannabis grown naturally *im tired of hearing about genesis 1:12 and God placing all of our seed bearing plants to use* 'a friend of mine' used to grow hydroponics through NFT's the whole shibang & the chemistry these plants are drinking on are Fn harmfull!! as a former toker i can see why being stoned can be like a Performance enhancing drug in poker through noticing things such as gutshots & set opportunities you may have missed playing sober!! sorry for the rant but im countrys where it is illegal that shit is far from natural!! *bear in mind this is the opinion of somebody who toked every day & every way for 16 years, use it or dont but the mental health consequences are VERY real *from experience

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe true for only cannabis grown naturally *im tired of hearing about genesis 1:12 and God placing all of our seed bearing plants to use* 'a friend of mine' used to grow hydroponics through NFT's the whole shibang & the chemistry these plants are drinking on are Fn harmfull!! as a former toker i can see why being stoned can be like a Performance enhancing drug in poker through noticing things such as gutshots & set opportunities you may have missed playing sober!! sorry for the rant but im countrys where it is illegal that shit is far from natural!! *bear in mind this is the opinion of somebody who toked every day & every way for 16 years, use it or dont but the mental health consequences are VERY real *from experience
Lol are you serious right now?

First, if you know how to properly feed your cannabis and how to properly flush it of harmful fertilizer salts then there is no danger to health

Harmful for mental health?? Do you just spew propaganda with no real research on the subjects?

Cannabis has been proven to stimulate areas of the brain that people usually never use on a day to day basis

I'm 40 and have been a cannabis user since 14, and I have actually done real research on this subject.

But you did say that your statements were OPINIONS, and that's the only truth to your post, oh and that your friend grew shitty over fed chemical cannabis

Mickflava888

Mickflava888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol are you serious right now?

First, if you know how to properly feed your cannabis and how to properly flush it of harmful fertilizer salts then there is no danger to health

Harmful for mental health?? Do you just spew propaganda with no real research on the subjects?

Cannabis has been proven to stimulate areas of the brain that people usually never use on a day to day basis

I'm 40 and have been a cannabis user since 14, and I have actually done real research on this subject.
im the one with drug 'marijuana' induced psychosis but hey yoi keep uo ur research. * Happy new year to you & yours my friend!!!