Luck???

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he sometimes has lost all my flips for a long time. it's really very painful when it lasts too long. but luckily the chance always ended up turning. What I have noticed is that he has hands with which I never win for a certain period and that I always lose when my opponent has a hand with which I have already won.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by the cards I get, I don't know what luck is. But seriously, without it in any way. What would you do if you were a Pro, luck is 30% of success.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any luck must be confirmed by skill. Agree that the more you know what you are doing the more you manage to catch luck.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Luck or no luck over skill or no skill the debate will always be on.

There are many ways to see this and each person sees it from a different perspective.

What is unlucky for one player is a bad beat for another is variance for a third person.

And similiarly winning a hand with 57os is luck to one a smart(skill) move to another.

So at the end of the day we playing poker and thats how it is.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I have such a question on such comments. In games, the day is successful or not successful - is it someone who regulates or not? What do you think?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These things are swings in poker. You can have for example 5 days in row when you lose money and then 1 day when you recover all your money and huge profit.
Luck it's a very important factor when we talk about some days or a short period of time, but if you play for long you'll see that good decision bring you money

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The other day I was playing, and got AA, JJ, KK and JJ in a row, i was kinda feeling lucky, and I started to think that the board was broken...

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is an overriding factor always in games of chance

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember this, cards go to seats, not people. And the cards will break even sooner or later. So what is the difference between a winning poker player and a losing poker player? The winning player will do better than the losing player with the same cards.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you do everything right and play well but someone just very lucky on this particular day, the main thing is not to give up

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes one day you're in luck and the other is not no good, have fun, boy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck in poker is of course important, but I think the most important thing is the ability to play correctly and choose the right limits !!! if for some reason you don’t have a good game, do not play or play smaller limits !!! all the players have bad days I’m sure of that, but a good player understands this and plays accordingly, and the fish on those days merges all bankroll !!!

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of the experts say that luck will win in the short term and skill will win long term. To be honest these are not the experts. If you study math and theory its only expected* to even out but it doesnt always for everyone.

Really anyone who says this (for lack of a better word so im sorry) are dummies because the same way you can flip a coin 10 times and get heads 6-7 times you can flip a coin 10000 times and get heads 6000-7000 times its just not expected* to happen.

So if you ask me the so called experts are not really experts, you need to be enlightened to all the facts and possibilities in able to discern truly.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Yes, there is some luck, but I prefer to play strategically and get to know my opponents creating a good HUD ... I thought that's the smart way to put "luck" in my favor.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have good days and there are not, just have to wait.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can some people say luck is only 10%.. really?!
I understand that skill is a huge factor.. however, cards are being delt at random.. you can calculate odds all you want... and your predictions will be generally right most of the time.. but luck should be calculated to be more like 40% .. no?

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that yes, once or twice as long in the long term as and what matters in poker the luck factor decreases because the actions are based on better information and actions

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, everyone has such days but I think that in poker the player's success depends on his experience and skill. Only with experience and daily improvement of your skills can you become a successful player.

In General maybe, But look at that Jerry dude won the wsop is very bad at poker. And Cada winning the WSOP was nothing but a kid playing stupidly at the start of the November 9. I'm sure he is thinking ( I have a million, pocket 3's I'll go All-in with these pocket 3's after 2 re-raises and go party!) of course the donk hits and wins the hand, going on to win it. PURE Donk Luck.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is not an important factor in the game of poker, but it also needs the skills of a poker game.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Luck"???(I begin to hate that word to much already!)

"Luck" is a word with which some people are replacing other words.

Poker game is not influenced by 'luck' - оnly skills required!

:hmmmm2:

Hi There
Waht abt when you´re with AA and got beaten by a player going with 56 and make a strait? in the river?
Tell me!!!
Rgds

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Luck is not an important factor in the game of poker, but it also needs the skills of a poker game.

Wrong! Luck its an important factor, I cant count how many bad hands won against premium hands like 45/39/6J vs AA/KK/AK
If you dont have a small percent of luck you are nowhere. Poker is not science and not even chess. A big poker player said "Poker is 90% math and 10% luck!" but I believe that luck is bigger than 10%

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a part of the game. However, good players play in such a way as to minimize the effect of luck. Also, luck plays a much bigger role in tournaments for at least 2 reasons. First off, the rising blinds and antes put pressure on players to loosen up their starting hand requirements. Secondly, all it takes is a single bad beat when you are all-in and you are out of the tournament. Remember that even AA still has about 20% chance to lose to most hands ! This is what makes tournaments very attractive to the amateurs. If a player knows the basics of the game and manages to get a little lucky with some big pots, they can walk away from a tournament with a lot of money.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Success in poker is the ability to play plus luck. Without this, there will be no good results.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of people confuse luck with probability in the game of poker. Take for instance we both go all in and I have 9,9 and you have 6,6. This is a hand won or lost on probability not luck. Both people have a considerable chance to win this hand with the odds especially given the situation. On the other hand same situation but I have AA and you have AK and some how in the community cards you hit 2ks. That is luck more so than probability. They are very similar but there is a difference atleast I think.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can some people say luck is only 10%.. really?!
I understand that skill is a huge factor.. however, cards are being delt at random.. you can calculate odds all you want... and your predictions will be generally right most of the time.. but luck should be calculated to be more like 40% .. no?

Hi There
Yes I Agree with you. Sure skill counts but luck is more than 10% for sure too
Rgds