Luck???

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I have such a question on such comments. In games, the day is successful or not successful - is it someone who regulates or not? What do you think?

Hi There
I really don´t think that someone will move some string over this or that game
On the other hand, I do believe that the software programers may introduce some variables
on your profile (hidden of course) that will interfere in your game performance
Rgds

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is definitely a key component to winning a poker tournament. It’s not as important as being a skillful player, but it’s impossible to downplay the significance that luck plays in poker. Obviously you’re not going to win if your unlucky.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will attempt to explain just how much luck is involved in winning poker tournaments.

You can play snug and tight and you can play aggressive, you can have success with both styles and many in between.

Be honest, how many people do you think put up a buyin for a tournament or get backed by someone .. not knowing what they are doing ? . Yes there are players of varying skill.. but i give people a bit more credit than that.

When you get to the final table and you play short handed, if you dont pick up any hands (you need to make moves at that time). You are done... unless you get luck. HUGE factor in winning tournaments. You need patience and skill. (Not many people are mentioning patience here) and yes luck is a very big factor.

Some will say luck doesn't exist and they would be right, they will explain odds and skill except for the fact that luck is a word in the dictionary. Luck describes these things like odds and getting the right hand at the most opportune time.

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi There
Waht abt when you´re with AA and got beaten by a player going with 56 and make a strait? in the river?
Tell me!!!
Rgds

Hi.

That's is bad play with AA!

I'm telling you!!!

Greetings.

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is skill complemented with luck, both are important, i'd say 70% skill 30% luck something like that.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't Agree

Hi There
................ I do believe that the software programers may introduce some variables
on your profile (hidden of course) that will interfere in your game performance
Rgds

There really would not be any advantage to programming variables for ONE individual. To affect game performance. But programming the "hole" cards dealt and run out to produce maximum action is the most likely path for programming adjustments.

:top::flute::puke::eek:

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, when the lady luck comes she's very welcome, but don't chase her. If you do so you'll lose in a long run.

Best of Luck.

You're right. If you have some lucky hands you can't expect to win with those hands every time. Same when you play 53o and hit 335 or 333 flop. It's not ok to play 53o every time. Maybe once in a while ... to play with lady luck. :D:top:

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that luck is always present in poker whether you like it or not. You can be the most skilled player but if lady luck isnt by your side, you will be a skilled player watching people play without you :p

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You're right. If you have some lucky hands you can't expect to win with those hands every time. Same when you play 53o and hit 335 or 333 flop. It's not ok to play 53o every time. Maybe once in a while ... to play with lady luck. :D:top:
Perfect my friend!

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is roughly 80% skill and 20% luck. In the long run a skilled player will win much more than a "lucky" player. Keep playing and honing your game and you will get better and win more.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there may also be a bit of luck, mainly variance. I think that when luck meets a prepared mind, there can be developed the skill that most fundamental. For example, a good player receiving AA in the big bling is an excellent opportunity which appears on account of luck. Now how he will play these cards is skill.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck in poker is not an unimportant factor,but we still need to be able to use bluff qualitatively,then I think there will be success in the game.You can have a pair ,and the opponent is nothing,but bluffing he can make you throw off a winning hand