Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There people
I want to know some thing
Everybody talks abt luck
Luck this, Luck that and so on
But, specifically in Poker what happens is that you have luck in one game and the next
one you play you are out before you reach the second level, with some crazy cards
What happens is that there are good days (maybe a couple) a bad days ( a couple too)
Ans the funny thing is that the luck changes suddenly
Has anybody the same feeling?
Rgds

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same feeling about luck. For me luck can be viewed as %. In another words each hand has its value. Bad luck will only gives you headache and tilt, dont loose to yourself.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, everything is relative. There are days or even weeks when I am very lucky, but also there are days when I am not lucky. In any case, I always try to maintain a positive mood.
Good luck.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good luck can help you once or twice. But in order to win not only due to luck, you will have to learn to play yourself.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is great. It is the reason so many terrible players play poker. If it was all skill, much less people would play. On any given day anyone can win which is why this is such a popular game. They will have their days. But high majority of the time we are taking their money.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now i have the feeling, that it,s better to try to play live poker, because in online most of the times i got unlucky time after time.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is no excuse. It's a big part though.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker, when the lady luck comes she's very welcome, but don't chase her. If you do so you'll lose in a long run.

Best of Luck.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
"Luck"???(I begin to hate that word to much already!)

"Luck" is a word with which some people are replacing other words.

poker game is not influenced by 'luck' - оnly skills required!

:hmmmm2:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy days always alternate with not happy days in poker, and you have to go through it.:):(

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK x 99 - Flush to 99
AA x 22 - set 2
AK x 72 - 2 pair 72

Monster hands all in loses for any cards in 6/10 on pokerstars.

Very Luck

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck or bad luck that's part of the game.Poker, without a doubt, is a game of skill. The winning player must be strong in the technical component of the game, including understanding the value of hands, draw, the importance of position, bluffing, and the like.But you should also understand that poker is a game of luck. Or, as they say, more advanced players are a game of dispersion.No need to remember what was,you need to go ahead in life and look for luck.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is great. It is the reason so many terrible players play poker. If it was all skill, much less people would play. On any given day anyone can win which is why this is such a popular game. They will have their days. But high majority of the time we are taking their money.

I like this post; that is so true. I am beginning and luck can be on or off my side, but as I play more and more and see consistent patterns. I see more and more opportunities that present skill as a larger and larger factor than luck over time. For example, I tend to know what and how much I generally need to do to scare a player off the pot, now do I just want to risk that money in case they are willing to reraise me or actually have something stronger. Very interesting and entertaining game and learning process.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in poker, maybe lucky. Many do this using marginal cards. Luck is always deceptive. This happens when a player wins a row with trash several times. I hope for good luck, but do not forget about discipline.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is definitely part of the game.. but maybe 10% of it and mostly needed when flipping. It's sure, flips are also part of the game, but by avoiding them as most as I can, on a long run, I win over flippers.

« If it wasn't of luck, I would win every time! » - Phil Hellmuth

-TRP-

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck,fortune,lottery-have almost the same basis - lucky or unlucky.And I think that the bulk of the players is a loser.Everyone just wants to win.I'm not talking about professionals.It was hard to play.I think the time for good wins is over.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, everyone has such days but I think that in poker the player's success depends on his experience and skill. Only with experience and daily improvement of your skills can you become a successful player.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck will always play a factor in poker and in Life, but it is you that decides how to manage the bad days from the good days..! There are days that no matter what you do at the poker table, things just don't seem to work and then it becomes a mental game that will affect your play to the point that if you also make bad decisions then luck has nothing to do with it.
So I prefer to be always Lucky then good...!
Make the best of it and good Luck..!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that luck comes in a game at an unexpected moment when you think that you are losing and you have no chance, and here again you get the very chance to win, in tournaments or in a cash game most people play the game and the card with which you play, sometimes someone plays the card very well and he wins - but for other players the card drops out is also good but plays poorly and loses, this game has a winner and there is a loser, and luck can come to everyone in the game !

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe that there is luck, but you have to know when to pick your spot to let luck be a factor. and you can never beat a donkey who gets lucky. and you cant forget those freaking bad beats. it happens. but i still believe that all those above happens a lot more online than live. people say, " ho, thats because you play a lot more hands online", sure, but the rate that it happens its a lot more than live. i play live poker twice a week, and it happens a lot less.
good luck :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Luck is a very important factor at poker, but the facts you discribe are more related with maths. They are sequences. Very important at poker! Keep files about your poker games and you will notice sequences!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I have read a lot and I have studied a lot about poker ... and I am sure that in poker there is no "luck" what exists is a duly calculated percentage of the possibility of losing a specific hand ... That is what we call "variance" and remember that we will always be the ones who will make the decision to play a hand or not to play it ...!

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker luck only influences the short term result, in the long run who will determine if you are a winner are your skills.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are good days, and there are bad ones. The main thing is not to lose optimism and continue to play as profitable as it should be in theory. And in any case not to fall into tilt. Continue to improve your game and deal with the distribution of hands. And success sooner or later will overtake you at the most unexpected moment.