Love or hate pocket aces

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love pocket aces but its only 1pair. its hard to throw them after the flop. its crazy the hands that beat them. they say they win 80%, but to me they only win half :confused:
For me, the game also has a good card pocket aces, at some moments I like when I have aces and win my hand, but at some moments I hate this card when they are interrupted by some other small card, so for me they play somewhere 60% -40% or 70% -30%, my aces play very well in the cash game, and in tournaments they often lose!

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I always overestimate the strength of my hands with A’s. I need to practice playing them like any other pair on the flop.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I like pocket AA's or do I hate pocket AA's? I don't know. But I agree to play with AA all the time. :rofl:

Y

YoloASAP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love pocket aces but its only 1pair. its hard to throw them after the flop. its crazy the hands that beat them. they say they win 80%, but to me they only win half :confused:

I myself, love getting aces dealt to me. They do win 80 percent of the time, when you play them correctly. you DO NOT usually limp in with them, (which I've seen people do before) because when you play them wrong, then yes you will get beat, and sometimes even when you play them right, you can get beat. I'm saying though, technically you should almost always raise pre-flop with them, to get the limpers and bad hands out the way. because if you let people see to many cards, then yeah they can potentially get beat up :) Or if you raise like min raise, and playing at a loose table, then yeah you'll prolly have 4 callers, and then someone flops a straight draw, flush draw, or the nuts, or something. you gotta play them good. :)

Good Luck on and off the table,
:jd4:ason

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how you can love or hate a certain hand in poker. You get what you get. If the cards are good play the cards. If the cards are shot, play the players.

Now if we were talking blackjack for example, that would be a completely different thing. I hate getting 88 starting hand n BJ!

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely always a love. When you take away the emotions and eye-rolling of how "unlucky" players feel, the math is all that remains. Pocket AA is still the best hand to have pre-flop and nothing changes that.

The real key is starting to learn when to try and sniff out when you're beat...because again AA is the best hand... PREFLOP :captain:

:jd4:

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love them, but just don't go all-in preflop and play them like every other pair. But indeed 80% isn't the real chance of winning, for me it's more like 25%.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am sorry to say this , but even only sometimes , even in a rage , being furious after a bad beat or whatever ...........................................

If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES
If sb hates the ACES ........

man , I can't believe this could be true no matter how many times I say it . Anyway if sb hates the ACES *laughs* , even for a sec , he should clearly stop playing poker , maybe start playing three card monte or shell game , why not dices with street thugs/scammers , or a safer choice for him the monopoly online , also bingo online or live . Why not , try fortnite with the 7,9 , 11 , 13,14 , 15 or so years old mad aggressive kids , for stupid prizes once/twice every week . Or play lottery . If this helps you feel and be luckier ....... .You will be missing a lot the ACES , start to see their true value and beauty , remember me . Good luck ,you're really gonna need it .

If I ever hate the Aces , even for some time , I know , beyond any doubt :eek: , this would be the clear sign to visit a doctor and get prescribed some meds :(

G

GamblingIdiot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yh i like em headsup or 3way tops

kinda like KK more purely cause almost all ace hi's seem to give action people love suited ace with any kick (and love seeing a riv and heroing) so you can 3b 4b it most position and not worry so much about not getting some value action whereas aces its urgh more sometimes 4b sometimes call cause when you 4b unless there nutters arent gonna have many holdings that can give you some action unless they perceive you to be wider due to position or being oop etc.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me and the best dream and imagine earn 80% of the time the 1000 win 800 long-term do not hold your time and easy decrease the variance is but aggressive pre flop that reach 80%

misskrystal4

misskrystal4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate pocket aces. It's mandatory to at least see the hand fully through even if going all in is the play. Almost even mandatory to go all in when it ain't my style unless the stakes don't mean much to me o r I'm 100% about to win.

This sounds weird I I now but I'll lay this out best way I can without sounding criminal.
I compare the aces to bail or parole. A golden ticket, a great opportunity, the obvious decision. But it's like a set up. Often makes things worse. Often fills someone with regret.
Never mind I sound ridiculous but if u catch my point....
that's my strong belief on the bitter sweet aces.
I don't want them. I dont need them.

A

Axel_W

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally hate this hand, but love it at the same time.. but always find myself struggling playing this hand.. weird..

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely love them. They sure do beat pocket kings

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't like pocket aces then feel free to hand them over to me ;)

It's the best starting hand you can get... And it is not so important if you win 80 or 50% of the time... It's more important if you make a profit in the long run...

Especially in multiway pots your odds of winning will be significantly lower, but you will also win a lot more chips in them than against just 1 opponent. The high pot odds of multiway pots usually make up for the ruduced chances of winning. If you triple your money in 50% of the hands you are still seeing a good profit.

And as many people already mentioned your win rate also depends a lot on how you gonna play aces... I actually see people doing crazy stuff, like just limping with aces, or playing a min raise with them. Then when the flop comes 8h 9h 10h they push or call a hhuge bet from their opponent and wonder that he has a better hand now...

I think success with aces is about playing aggressive but still with a chance to leave the hand if the board is very dangerous...

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly what you said. loving play with pocket aces but hate to loose with them sometimes with unbelieveable hand.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take them every day of the week.:):):)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, killercon! Two Aces are only the best preflop hand, but is no more... In Poker win generally a combination from
the different cards! So is reality! Therefore by the bad beats need relate philosophically, and a more to work over own
Poker Skill! :rolleyes: That's all! :cool:

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its funny how many times I have been excited to see them only to get knocked out of the tournament with them.

I still prefer them over the other hands.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the highlight of poker, that even AA can be beaten by the lowest pocket hand. But you can't help liking them. AA-sounds and looks just amazing

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who does not like pocket aces?) Hate comes when we lose with them) In multi-table tournaments with them more chances to lose but in cash games or small tournaments the chances of winning are very high. The only big drawback to such cards is that they are very difficult to fold at flop

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like pocket aces. There's not much you can do with them. It seems to be a ready hand, but this is a deception. It is impossible to improve practically. I often lost with them.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta love getting aces, just need to trust your reads and be prepared to fold them if you think you're behind after you see more cards.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate them because I can't fold A pair and I lost often. If you have two aces in hand you are too confident.