Love or hate pocket aces

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA win 80% only when you go all in preflop against 1 player, post flop with AA is bad game

N

nicolaskcs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, if I get AA, I go all-in, whoever has an A or k, and it's very difficult for them to win.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two aces

Two aces look very impressive and exciting! This is the strongest combination in Texas poker, and that is why it is the most often winning combination. But this is only on the board before the flop and, most importantly, against the only opponent. After the flop, it is very difficult to fold, but this is the main weakness and future loss of the owner of this pair. If you add several players to this and see a flop of the same suit in order, then this same strength can be a major weakness. You need to correctly play different combinations of your cards against different numbers of opponents and on different poker streets.:confused::confused::confused:

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like em, I've had the most horrible bad beats with AA but equally no other hand has given me as much :)

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I love and hate at the same time .. But playing this hand I realized that you need to immediately put allin.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
love and hate are your emotions.
there is no emotions in poker.
you play the cards or the player depending on the situation.
AA is loveable or hateful is only on how you play them.
most players limp in with AA and lose big time, others go all in and win only the blinds.
its a in the moment feeling. No emotions.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
OK, we all know that AA is the best starting hand- so it would be impossible to find an unhappy player when he looks at his cards and sees pocket aces :)

Still, I lost my biggest pots with them and I can't say I won my biggest ones with them... I would say it's a great hand to be All In preflop with(best hand to have late in MTTs when the stacks get around 10 BBs) but a tricky hand to play in cash games or in early stages of MTTs when you have around 100BBs, especially if it's a multiway pot.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I love when I got them and hate when I lose with them :D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, they are the best you can get preflop, and most victories are coming with one pair. They can give you a big profit, but also they can give you a bad beat. It is not difficult for me to fold them if something is not good!

Mendo

Mendo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hand is a guarantee to win, and Aces don't do as well against a tight opening range as many would think. Still, I'd rather have the pocket Aces than the other hands in that range

bigredwolf

bigredwolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to love pocket Aces.

You may end up hating the way you played them. There are many things that can go wrong and I don't think losing the hand is the most common one. More likely you don't get full value out of them.

Yesterday I was in BB with AA and guess what? Even the SB folded. Now that is what I hate about AAs :D

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only love AA, but as in any romance, sometimes there will be a fight.
:ah4: :ad4:

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love them.
If you play them right they will win the hand for you just about every time. Cant let people limp into a flop when you have em though. That's the easiest way to let someone crack your aces.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love pocket aces but its only 1pair. its hard to throw them after the flop. its crazy the hands that beat them. they say they win 80%, but to me they only win half :confused:

I love pocket aces when they win the hand.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still love AA’s even though I’ve been burnt with them so many times.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like someone said above, I love to see them, but hate playing them. I would much rather catch them later in a tourney though. People seem more likely to play trash early on.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
really the love for the aces pair is an illusion, it makes me think that I am invincible and when a defeat comes, the taste is very bitter