Last edited by a moderator:
Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why ask about AA?

If you have one best starting hand? Why would you not want or dislike it when you get it two different ways to play Ace Ace slow play work fast play

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket A's definitely does not work for me 80% of the time Pre-flop.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold pocket aces, I will keep pushing no matter what cards come up on the flop.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand the point, you must play that pair strong, you do not want to catch them by betting little or weak, it depends on circumstances, tournament, cash, in tournament what level you go, you must play a strong hand like that:heeeellll:heeeellll:heeeellll:heeeellll

chris0817

chris0817

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre flop I always afraid with AA in hand :D many times I lost with those cards :/

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love pocket aces but its only 1pair. its hard to throw them after the flop. its crazy the hands that beat them. they say they win 80%, but to me they only win half :confused:
They win 80% with 2 players in the pot, once it's multiway their value diminishes a lot. You should raise bigger with aces preflop (or reraise if somone already raised). Find a raise size where you can isolate 1 player, (or 2 players max), and get everyone else to fold.

You should do this with any playable hand for that matter, i'm not saying only raise aces big. You will print money if you can find a raise size to knock limpers out of a pot before the flop.

If somone already raised and you got some callers find a big enough 3 bet size with your best hands like QQ, KK, AA, AKs to get all except 1 to fold.

I know it's annoying when there are 5 people in a pot in tournaments.

If there is no reasonable size that they fold to and if they want to see a flop no matter what then limping along after them is fine.

Last edited:
guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you write correctly
we love and hate pocket tours
we love it when he wins
we hate it when he loses
but all poker players
even professional players
when it comes the pocket aces will go all in

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ace pairs are good for playing preflop before seeing the cards, because then they beat you with any other cards and more if your opponent has more chips than you, in pokerstars the same thing always happens

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's impossible not to love aces. If somebody doesn't love aces, he doesn't love poker!
Of course they don't win always and if you lose with aces the frustration is higher then with other cards, but just because your expectation-equity with aces is nearly 100% :D and real equity doesn't reach your expectation....

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hate them when I can't put them down when I know I probably should.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of different opinions

Said my piece about Aces on another thread earlier today

And one piece of advice from that post definitely applies here

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play with pocket aces because it is the strongest combination on the pre-flop. But keep in mind that you need to play them properly, because in poker, any two cards can win any other two cards.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hate them so much that, but wish I had them every hand.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not be sad. Everyone has such cases, even with pocket aces. But, in any case, it is clearly the best pocket pair, and you will always have the most chance of winning.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love them

Nevermind "I wish it could be christmas everyday", I wish it could be poket aces every hand. Love emm

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course we will run into bad beats with AA from time to time, but who doesn't love starting with the best hand in the beginning?? Gotta love it!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't love it but I don't hate it either, it depends on the amount of chips I have and the stage of the tournament

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love pocket aces but its only 1pair. its hard to throw them after the flop. its crazy the hands that beat them. they say they win 80%, but to me they only win half :confused:

Agree! Last 3 times I have had pocket Aces they have gotten beat with ridiculous hands.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets be honest, there is almost a 1% chance to win a tournament..

So the most of the time you lose..

And AA are the best hand to lose.. I dont hate it, you are happy when u see it

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play but I hate to lose with them to ridiculous hands like T3o and to see a set on the river of 3. It does cause hate

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I see no good reason to hate pocket aces. I think pocket aces deserve love. :dancing:

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all like pocket aces! Unfortunately sometimes we fall in love with them and can't get away when we should. That's when I hate them the most, haha

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Complain is the easiest way of doing nothing.

I do not understand the players who complain about the hands, justifying the situation to bad luck, if you want to improve you have to leave that attitude aside and become more responsible, it is the only way to improve. Don't look for excuses, look for solutions, that way you will get very far.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forever Love. Would play all the time with this starting hand.