Is it possible to win at poker relying only on luck ?

N

NathanVanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I tried that when I was young. It was very ugly. lol. It was so bad that I dropped my gloves, did 100 pushups and then decided to train as a poker player. I haven't played for money since.(Sort of like that. I like occasional tournament.) Now that I am trained and know that I will make it, I am ready for a season of poker. I just need funding now.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is possible but not in the long time

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it is possible. It's like a lottery. People can have no experience, buy a lottery ticket and win a million. In poker, a lot depends on luck, but in my opinion, skill and experience are a more reliable basis for success.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Luck plays a big role in poker. If luck accompanies you, then this inspires the player, gives confidence, which often affects the final result. It is with the elements of luck that you are able to win prizes in poker.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, this method is possible,
but it is not always reliable,
I use it when I am tired and I cannot use plans and strategies .;)
I think it's the element of luck that attracts new players to poker.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
yes, but in the long run, luck will still turn away, and the skills will remain. Therefore, skills are more important than success.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well u can plau bad and win a tournament by luck but in long run u cant thats why there is good players and bad

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you think in the short term I think it is possible. One day you can enter and get lucky and win. But in the long term I don't think so. In the long term luck does not help.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
You have to define what's "win". If you say you can have a good day, yes it can be, but in the long term you'll end up loosing more than what you win.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps it will not work to win a poker tournament relying only on luck, you also need other skills and abilities, but luck will help you achieve your goal very much.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You could eventually win at poker just by luck.... and I mean the chance of ever winning a tournament or making a profit at the end of a week after playing the cash games just by sheer luck... said By the way, for me, luck does not exist in poker... I prefer to say that the variance was in your favor... anyway... for those who use the word luck... I will tell you that if you base your game only in "luck" they will never reach the consistency of profitability over time...
Relying solely on luck in poker is not a sustainable strategy for long-term success. While luck can certainly play a role in short-term outcomes, the essence of poker lies in skillful decision-making, strategic thinking, and understanding probabilities.

Those who attribute their wins solely to luck may not fully grasp the intricacies of the game or the importance of consistently making sound decisions. Over time, players who rely on luck alone are unlikely to achieve consistent profitability.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some say that everyone makes their own luck, but I say that you have to be born with luck, of course the poker game also requires some experience, study and last but not least inspiration, luck in my opinion is about 30 to hundred, the rest contributing the others.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. No, no, and no again!! I live in a dormitory, and one of my roommates has also become addicted to playing poker. He comments on his game so passionately, talks to opponents on the other side of the monitor screen, that neighbors, knowing my fondness for the game, complain that either I started streaming, or I brought a streamer to my room. And he plays and doesn't want to learn, but when luck is on his side - he loudly announces that he's crushing the limits in one go!! So relying on luck in the long run is not the right way, you need to develop skills and analyze the game. Fortune smiles at you at some point - it could be a successful bluff, or a runner-runner!!! Shamans definitely won't help you.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When it comes to playing poker, it can sometimes be difficult to determine where luck ends and skill begins. Some players may be more skilled than others, but it seems like the lucky ones always win. Some are familiar with the famous phrase of poker players: “I’d rather be lucky than play well.”

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not. Poker is a mixed with skills, luck and experience. You have to have all of those.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nope - you can try, but answer is still no...😉

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only possible for a short period of time.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Really, if you want to win constantly and have a good level in the format you play, it should not always depend on luck since being able to win an important tournament is more strategy than luck without neglecting this since sometimes it is always a good help

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, this method is possible,
but it is not always reliable,
I use it when I am tired and I cannot use plans and strategies .;)
Poker is not a game of one strategy. Therefore, some players start playing push or fold in the late stages of the game. This is the strategy where you can either get the blinds or double up. It is more about luck than skills. :unsure:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Luck may help you win a hand. It may help you win today and tomorrow and the next day but long term you win not be a winning poker player just on luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, you won't win much on luck alone)

mbermejo174

mbermejo174

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
in my opinion, Luck can lead you through the blinds in the beggining of the tournament, but not from mid to endgame

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can win on luck only in the short term but long term you need some poker skills to continue to make money

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I believe not because poker is a game of technique, experience and often you can't count on luck, you need to count on yourself to analyze the moves and the players to make your best move.