Is it possible to win at poker relying only on luck ?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same, I have my fun time as well, especially free and when the buy-ins is in my pocket easily. :)

In additional I'm taking notes and see "bad players" reaching FTs even one just won a SCOOP event. And that's inconnected with the fact that agressive strategy can paying out if it meet with luck or cards or opponents.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, this method is possible,
but it is not always reliable,
I use it when I am tired and I cannot use plans and strategies .;)
Of course, it is possible. But if you play like this for a month, I think your results will not be very good. Losses in such a game will generally be greater than profits.

..... If I'm tired I just go to sleep :)

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you rely solely on luck, you can win one or another tournament, but in the long run, if you rely solely on luck, it's easier to go broke than it is to profit.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It is possible but for a very short period since the game is more skill and knowledge than luck, in a few words luck does not last long while skill and knowledge will lead you to be a winner and of course you must have a little luck but no Its determinant.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to luck, it is definitely possible to win at poker, but it will be much less common than with skill.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its possible for a while but I would think not sustainable for a long time because of variance.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you need both luck and skill to be good. I am fairly lucky, and am now working on skill lol See you at the tables!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may be able to win in the short term playing only on luck but I believe that skill will eventually take over on luck.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You make your own luck at playing smart poker.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If we assume that about 80 percent of Shaudan Value is luck and the rest is skill, I think you can

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the help of luck, you can win at poker only for a certain period of time

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Like any game of chance, there is a probability of luck, I remember about 18 years ago a story that went around where a 12 year old girl won a Tournament On-line on her fathers account, and didn't know what poker was.
I don't know if there is any truth behind this but it caused a stir at the time because the argument was she was too young to play and the site refused to pay out, but her father said it was his money she was playing with so he should get paid.
I would like to know how others feel about this?

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No chance for me. It's not a bingo and if you don't calculate your odds properly possibility of win is minimal or "0"

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
maybe sometimes if you can win, but in the long run you will lose

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The proposition to win at poker relying only on luck is not possible. Just to win a game going all-in everytime is so slim as flipping a coin 100X & getting tails all the time (this should even be multiplied by the permutations in a deck of cards in the case of poker). How many games won this way relying only on luck is needed to win at poker?

There must be a certain degree of skill to know when to hold 'em & know when to fold 'em to reduce variance & have a chance to win hoping luck takes care of the rest.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
You could eventually win at poker just by luck.... and I mean the chance of ever winning a tournament or making a profit at the end of a week after playing the cash games just by sheer luck... said By the way, for me, luck does not exist in poker... I prefer to say that the variance was in your favor... anyway... for those who use the word luck... I will tell you that if you base your game only in "luck" they will never reach the consistency of profitability over time...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think hoping only for your luck, you will win the tournament somewhere 1 out of 100 or 1 out of 1000 so it's better to learn and play because you need to play poker once, you will always know how to act in a different spot and play properly, and then if you are also a lucky person, it will be even easier to win

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
never! Luck does help, but to win you have to have the knowledge and skill of the game

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Impossible, luck represents 12% in poker alone.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the short term you can win with just luck, but over the long term skill will be a more important factor.

Anyone can get lucky and win a hand, but winning over a period of 10k tourneys will take skill.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really, you also need a knowledge base, not just luck.... who relies only on luck is not a poker player.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course it's possible, it's more in online poker luck also matters, oh yes we shouldn't see how many times you lose against another player with a low hand, personally it has happened to me more times than I can remember than luck He is with the rival and not with me, but there is always the luck factor on both sides

Juancii

Juancii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I'm a little bit new on playing poker regularly, and i've just played it online. Of course i have my strategies and try to apply them, but i always get tempted by the "what about if i'm lucky on this one?" thought. Sometimes it goes well, some others not. I would say that looking for the balance between relying on luck and strategies can make the difference, am i wrong?
One thing i always wonder is if the luck factor is the same playing poker online as it would be playing a presencial tournament.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
luck is part of the poker game, but luck alone is not enough to reach the ITM in poker tournaments, it takes a lot of study, practice and good strategies