Is it possible to win at poker relying only on luck ?

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Luck is necessary in every tournament, but relying only on good hands and luck, at the final table, but especially when approaching heads-up, I don't think it's enough anymore. Although you can get there for a long time just by relying on good luck, you have to bluff and play smart to win the tournament.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very bad idea. Luck might help you on one or two hands and maybe even get ahead in chips. But you should not rely on luck in poker.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, this method is possible,
but it is not always reliable,
I use it when I am tired and I cannot use plans and strategies .;)
Fun, for who is starting in poker, and see someone talking sh*t like this quote, you never gonna see any regular lucrative player saying something like that

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You won't be able to go far in the tournament.

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, this method is possible,
but it is not always reliable,
I use it when I am tired and I cannot use plans and strategies .;)

I agree with you: it's impossible (almost).

I said "almost" because statistically/mathematically it's possible, but this is clearly hard to happen.

Like: how many times would you need to try to get a lottery prize?

Answer: probably a lot of times, and this doesn't means that you will actually get the prize while you are alive...

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is possible, but profitable? I don't think so.
I understand that it might happen to you occasionally to win solely by luck, but I don't think it's something you can rely on unless you want to have a hard time.
Even if you have a good result once, it's a mistake to assume it will be repeated. I believe it's already difficult enough to win by playing your best.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will say no but you cant win if you dont have too......its mix of luck, patience and skill......with that you can win any tournament

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
No ,everybody gets about the same amount of good luck and bad luck. To play good poker will benefit you as a poker player in the long run and dont let good or bad luck get you of your gameplan.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As Chris Ferguson, the 2000 World Poker Champion, said: "One day in poker is 90% luck and 10% skill. One year in poker is 10% luck and 90% skill." This expression has become an aphorism. If you rely only on luck, then such a player will lose in the long run. In poker, as in any other sport, whoever has more skills and who has personal qualities such as patience, willpower and other qualities, that player will have a better chance of winning. In order to achieve success, you need to work on yourself, and luck plays a role of only 10%.

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The game of poker is not just luck, it has to have high confidence in the plays and also a bit of trickery, of course, right, so it requires a bit of luck too

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not only luck in poker, there is also work, study and perseverance of the person, if you want to obtain long-term results that are positive you have to study a lot.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
With luck only. hell no in the real world 🌎. You would have to be the luckiest person in the world. Out of one hundred tournaments if you win 50 of them you are a god.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Is not possibly, poker is 70% skill and 30% luck.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possibly short-term luck… but I don't Believe you will fare well in the long game

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes it's possible, it's very difficult, but if you play a lot of tables you can do it.