DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not saying that this will be an easy task, I see a lot of players saying that they take poker as a hobby, or as a form of extra income, saying that if you want to make money, you need a job, but not with poker. Well then, let's get to the topic, we know that there are some satellite tournaments where you have the opportunity to win tickets to big tournaments, such as Sunday Storm, Sunday Million among others. The question I ask is this: is it possible to achieve great things and change your life by playing poker? Do you think it is possible to get rich with poker or is it just a form of extra income, hobby and fun. Leave your opinion.
Of course yes, because the big prizes exist, you just need to look for them.

Nothing comes easy, you need to study the game, adapt and evolve. Calmly, progress on an evolutionary scale and with this evolution combined with a lot of discipline, the money comes.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's possible but highly unlikely it depends of skills and determination to win and play with the best and keep winning

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It is possible, but unfortunately not everyone can do it.

D

dazpressey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Poker is very lucrative if you study and work hard. But most people don't understand variance and ROI. Even at micro stakes you can get a return of 1.5 over multiple tournaments... So it's like 1 dollar games you make 50 cent per game and this would be a good return over time.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it´s possible but takes a lot of study, patience, time and luck

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let's go:

Possible? Yes
Is it probable? No.

But you can earn a reasonable extra income or even have this as your main source of income. But getting rich in a world full of volatility like Poker is much more difficult.
Either way, I'll be rooting for you ;)

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's possible to get rich with poker, you can get rich over time and your development in the game, or you can get rich overnight by winning a big series tournament on big sites, but remember that it's also possible to get rich poor guy playing poker hehehe

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Of course it is possible, but the truth is that in order for you to achieve it, you must dedicate several hours a day to studying, practicing and understanding the game, and it is always recommended to have support from tools that help you maintain a track record of your hands and those of others. your opponents... it may take you some time but if you focus, you will achieve it.
And yes, you will get rich playing poker.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If possible, just look at the amount of money the professionals have earned. Playing only free tournaments it is very difficult to achieve it but it is not impossible

MatiasJara1991

MatiasJara1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PY
Chips
I understand that it's possible, but like everything in life you have to spend a lot of time, mainly studying variables, etc. Most people don't want to study, so they can't become professionals. I find it difficult to study personally.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm sure so! But not everyone can get rich in poker.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only for a tiny tiny percent of poker players.
As in all other areas where you can earn or win money there is a broad basement of competitors that can only make hardly a living from their work.
See sports and normal jobs about max 2% of the people will get rich.
And there are other factors too, if you are not smart enough you can't safe your money wealthyness.
See Tennis player Bum Bum Boris B.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
yes there is a small chance but with a lot of studies , play and hard work and also from the other side you can lose more money and get poor

S

Shacare90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
If we make a comparison of odds between all gambling games, including the lottery, the chance of winning in poker is the most likely. What we should do in poker is like in roulette... don't bet everything on one spin. In poker you need a lot of character and personal discipline. If you have it, it is possible. The bad thing about freerolls with winning entries for other tournaments is that after 4-5 hours of play it is normal that your brain is tired from so much concentration. It's hard to always earn, but if you don't chase big goals, for example... as much as a monthly salary and determine how much per day you need to earn to achieve it and then when you've made 80-90 euros for the day, if you're not greedy and you quit poker and go to sleep ... Yes, it is possible to have a constant passive income from poker.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not saying that this will be an easy task, I see a lot of players saying that they take poker as a hobby, or as a form of extra income, saying that if you want to make money, you need a job, but not with poker. Well then, let's get to the topic, we know that there are some satellite tournaments where you have the opportunity to win tickets to big tournaments, such as Sunday Storm, Sunday Million among others. The question I ask is this: is it possible to achieve great things and change your life by playing poker? Do you think it is possible to get rich with poker or is it just a form of extra income, hobby and fun. Leave your opinion.
Of course you can win a tournament and make life altering money. You can also win the lottery. Some say that this belief is a tax on stupid. I personally enjoy my dream of striking it big, I have spent the money many times. For me it's a fun hobby.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course it is possible, but is much more easier to get poor :p

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course it's possible. There are many examples of players that weren't rich and won big tournaments. But it's very difficult and you need to dedicate yourself. You need to study a lot and always work on your poker mind. It's not an easy task, but definitely possible.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Almost impossible, but some have already done it, so no one can say it's not possible.

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's possible, but to get to that level I think you also need a bit of luck.