dangtnh

dangtnh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Yes, it is possible to become financially successful and, in some cases, even wealthy through playing poker. Many professional poker players have achieved significant financial success through a combination of skill, discipline, and strategic decision-making.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of course it is possible to get rich or win 1 million dollars, Cris Money Maker has already done this proving that anyone can do it too, of course he was very lucky in the 2003 wsop, most players here at cc play as well or better than Cris MoneyMaker sometimes misses the opportunity, as was said if you invest in free tickets for big tournaments it is quite possible to change your life with good money

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
One step at a time, the secret is to be consistent with microstacks and increase the buy-in as you prove profitable in the previous stake

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very good, we have more than 100 comments.

With several incredible stories and objectives. I enjoyed reading about them all.

Thank you all.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not saying that this will be an easy task, I see a lot of players saying that they take poker as a hobby, or as a form of extra income, saying that if you want to make money, you need a job, but not with poker. Well then, let's get to the topic, we know that there are some satellite tournaments where you have the opportunity to win tickets to big tournaments, such as Sunday Storm, Sunday Million among others. The question I ask is this: is it possible to achieve great things and change your life by playing poker? Do you think it is possible to get rich with poker or is it just a form of extra income, hobby and fun. Leave your opinion.
I perceive poker as a source of additional income, although in general poker is primarily entertainment for me. Of course, there is a possibility that you, or I, or someone else will someday be able to win some serious tournament. There is a possibility, but I am definitely not ready to count on it. If you ask the question "can you get rich playing poker?" then my answer is yes it is possible, provided you have your main source of income and this source is not poker :)

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think to get rich with poker is everyone goal in here, don't give up, learn, practice and it will happend!

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you can get rich playing poker. One good skid and you're a "millionaire". But I'm actually joking about the millionaire. You can improve your financial situation at the expense of poker

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can become rich doing almost anything, I started selling "Kindling" to Neighbours when I was still a kid at school, Dragging it behind me on a Soapbox Cart I built myself, The only thing that stopped me from building an empire from it was that North Sea Gas was discovered and people did away with Coal fires and changed to Gas Fires, So I started working on the Local Market unloading Vans before I went off to school, and then went straight back at Lunch times so I could run errands for the Traders and again at the end of school to load the vans back up.
The thing is the only thing stopping you from becoming Rich is yourself! If you Work hard, and put your Heart and Soul into it, anything is Possible. I made and lost many fortunes over my 68 Years and don't regret a single thing. I am now retired with a decent Standard of living and my past Investments keep me living a Life I expected to achieve which is being able to go out and buy whatever I want, when I want and not worry about the price.
I don't do Debt! in fact only once found myself owing money to someone because of my Ex-Wife Spending money I didn't have, one of the many reason's she became the Ex. :):)
Whether it is Work or Poker You only have to Study and Work hard enough to achieve your Goals. Anything is Possible!

2Deep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I'm not saying that this will be an easy task, I see a lot of players saying that they take poker as a hobby, or as a form of extra income, saying that if you want to make money, you need a job, but not with poker. Well then, let's get to the topic, we know that there are some satellite tournaments where you have the opportunity to win tickets to big tournaments, such as Sunday Storm, Sunday Million among others. The question I ask is this: is it possible to achieve great things and change your life by playing poker? Do you think it is possible to get rich with poker or is it just a form of extra income, hobby and fun. Leave your opinion.
I have a friend who does very well in cash games but I just play as a hobby. While it's awesome if I can make some money but that's usually not the case.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Two ways to get rich in poker:

1. Get lucky and bink a big tournament

2. Get good at cash games and find games you can beat

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
examples are :))..but all depends on you and you luck.... eventually :)

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
It's possible to make a living playing poker, and some do become wealthy, but success depends on skill, strategy, and managing risks. It's not guaranteed, as luck plays a role in short-term outcomes

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on what you consider what rich is. Maybe start your own online poker service if you really want to get rich.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Yes, it's possible.

Only a very few will. It's like saying is it possible to qualify for the Olympics if you're an aspiring athlete or play in the World Cup one day if you dream of being a football/soccer player.

B

burba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Yes, you can get rich with Poker. You just need to have your own Poker Club and have many gablers where you earn money of every hand of cash game or percentage of turnament entries. ;)

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We have examples of players who were successful in poker, had good results and this certainly led to their fortune. But of course this is not simple, it was definitely hard work until success.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only at somebody else's expense. Or if you are the one collecting the rake.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less than 1% of people who play poker will ever get rich from it or even make a significant life changing income. This is why I always suggest that 99% of people just play this game as a hobby and keep their day job.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Today I can not answer, but when I get rich, then I will answer you;)

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We have examples of players who were successful in poker, had good results and this certainly led to their fortune. But of course this is not simple, it was definitely hard work until success.

Yes, if a person places this as the central objective of their life and dedicates themselves 100% to it, I see no reason why the person cannot become profitable.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible for sure. Too stressful for a job though.