pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Skill > Luck, but skill without luck you only win bad beats =)

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT tournaments can be won by playing small pots
it is not necessary to go all-in and risk all the chips

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a bit of both, there are days when you're making good decisions and then you count on luck. There are days when you are feeling bad and luck helps you.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that in poker there is no such thing as luck in the long run, what I am saying is that there will always be a luck factor but it is minimal, I believe that in the long run luck is less and less, and the player's ability to make the best decisions at a poker table will always come out on top.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great Point

if you play strictly according to the rules, this does not guarantee you one hundred percent success, because one bad beat can knock you out of the game or reduce the stack to the push fold stage, where everything will depend on the cards that will come out on the board. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to apply actions against logic and deviate. The more you play only with strong hands, the less likely it is to win the luck score.
If only playing good hands, you get expected outcome or bad luck and you lose - and this is where players then think they are only unlucky then. So to your great point, mix up your starting hand play (where appropriate0 and catch your share of the good luck by beating some better starting hands.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most recent hand I had a fairly great early position, 3 and 4 bets all in, few players folded but 3 of us ended up all in, the pot was about 4 starting stacks. Plus it was early in the tournament so it would have been a great hand to win.

I had pocket Aces, another had 67 suited, and 3rd had pocket 10s. My heart was racing, until the flop came, bam 10. Turn rivers came dry and I was busto.

Would I have played this differently? Probably not.
Luck does have some play, however what matters most is odds. Sometimes these things happen.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a game like Hold'em you can get it in with the best hand and the cards hit the board that make it the worst hand. There is always some luck involved in this game. There is a bit of skill involved as well. Distinguishing between them can be difficult at times.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the ladies are playing today, oddly enough. they kill AK) although yesterday they did not play at all. So after all luck means a lot

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
depends on the flop

a little luck and a little strategy is very good:)

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bit of both. But as mentioned, in long term your skills and will make the difference.
Besides that you enjoy your game much more than the ones looking only at the lucky side.

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont win the allins , you can have all the skills that you want but you go nowhere i think..

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider it to be the combination of luck and good decisions to get good payouts when participating in a tournament. Sometimes a player can get lucky in a random play by betting only counting on luck, but in the medium and long term that same player is eliminated from the game without winning even a prize.

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you have to watch for is what I call "PEA", player elimination algorithm. It occurs a good bit early, prior to breaks, on the bubble, and once in the money. You may have AA, BUT if the villain's bank is larger, say his 10k to your 1.6k, he will beat you period. Our tournaments with as many talents as we have, would last quite longer if it did not. So on the bubble, for example, you have AA and get ousted by a Q7 offsuit, you just got "pead" on. I chance to say online is 30% skill, 30% luck and 40% algorithm. Whereas real live poker which is the real true random poker, eliminates the 40% factor and becomes more a 70% skill and 30% luck.
CHEERS!
true i see that a lot on pokerstars and unibet , at some period the biggest stack often wins. glad that i am not the only noticing

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a trade-off between good choices and luck.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
if you only rely on your luck then you will not have any luck in the long term. luck is also an important factor in poker, but only with luck you will not be able to be successful in poker in the long term. Even if it sometimes seems that some people are always lucky and win every scrap hand, it is still important that you then realize that luck never lasts long, but what you have learned and the skills you have acquired with it do

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a little bit of both I think. U need to know what to play but it does help to catch a lucky card when you are behind in a hand

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there

Have you tried to play poker alone and put 6 imaginary players and give them open cards just to see if Online is fair giving you nice cards?
You will be surprised to see the outcome
Try it
Rgds

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on a good decision. But you are also very lucky.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to be lucky than good, I always say.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
a good decision 75%
you are also very lucky 25%

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without luck, you can't win any more or less large tournament, another thing is if a person plays loose and bluffs a lot badly and wins you, this does not mean anything, he will lose more often at a distance)

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing well and concentrating on the moves to be made is paramount, luck is just the extension....

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s good decisions

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it`s most good decisions and a bit of luck.

meagain00

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a mixture of both but you can get lucky like no other but it would be meaningless without a good understanding of ICM for e.g