Is it luck or good decisions?

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play strictly according to the rules, this does not guarantee you one hundred percent success, because one bad beat can knock you out of the game or reduce the stack to the push fold stage, where everything will depend on the cards that will come out on the board. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to apply actions against logic and deviate. The more you play only with strong hands, the less likely it is to win the luck score.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, the most important are the skill and experience of the player. Luck is also important, but players who rely only on luck will not be able to succeed in the long run.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck favors the good decisions...

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion.. Luck does play a factor when your chasing hands, however positioning and having a good feel for the table will give any player a massive advantage.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More good choices than luck

Experience has a lot to do with it as well. although making good choices in the game sometimes seem to be as good as luck.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Seneca and MJ had it right... “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just luck. But the bigger the money, the less these lucky ones show up.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

the two things go hand in hand, you have to play well, make good decisions, and luck has to accompany you as well! always to go far in these games of skill and chance ...

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First it's always decision, if you don't call the luck will never found the way to you and those guys which goes
nearly everytime All-In are only being for a short time, someone will call them with AA or KK and then it's over.

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have you sat at a table and seen some clown with an outrageous hand that never should have been bet on, win the hand

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at my microstakes, I better play brutally honest solid poker. Try to play fancy poker and run big bluffs... calling stations will put you in place :D you know what they say "TIGHT IS RIGHT"

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
happiness, fosters the better i think when You take a good decision then You may have a luck.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally believe it is 50/50. Both are balanced.
But good decision could really help you in the long run.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are opportunities at a gaming table that by a good decision the chips can be increased quickly, however there are players who risk with any card and win.
So is it all about good decisions or just luck? :rolleyes:
If you risk any card and win, it's luck for sure.
Mathematics is incorruptible.

T

Turnermatt99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely both, but with online you don't have to have nearly as much skill or table presence.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Th big game

good opportunities are always playable until the flop in online poker has many players playing with different strategies :angel:

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None of them. With good decisions, sometimes a little luck can't hurt! But you should not rely on luck alone.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill must overcome luck. Everyone says so. But I believe less and less in it.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a bad decision. I don't recommend playing like that. You will always be the last to fall in the game.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is sometimes needed, but generally good decisions win in the long run!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is luck combined with good decisions. Only one characteristic is very difficult to win a tournament, there has to be a combination of luck and good decisions.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is skill when I win and bad luck when I lose ;)

Okay, that is a funny joke, but some people actually interpret poker this way (often times without consciously realizing it). Long-term success in poker, no doubt, must be in part about realizing what were good decisions and what were not. Sometimes we do get lucky or unlucky, but we want to make sure that it is more often up to something we can control such as skill.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its poker, better rely on good decisions because your opponents try to make the best possible decisions to win money.

If you want to rely on luck, then we have lotteries, slot machines and other games where its all about luck.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is 99 percent luck because you can consistently lose from position and with the best cards.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you go a risk with any card, this can not be a good decision :) It is impossible to win any long poker tournament without luck, when you win crazy hands or get a lot of good cards to play. But, even if you caught your luck, but make stupid decisions, you will lose everything.. Therefore, it is correct to think, that the player has experience of the game, good skills, abilities and luck accompanies him! :) You can also supplement this with convenient rivals, which can be attributed to luck :)