I'm Tired of Playing Poker

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a break and focus on other things. When you come back to poker you will be playing the best you ever have!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you will have to play many hours until you become a winner if you ever become. A winner is made of many hours of dedication, study, good nutrition, mental preparation, coach, besides being passionate about the game and never giving up. you do not have what it takes nor try friend

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 8 hours in a row of poker is too much, if you are starting I think you should start playing only the freroll so that you can acquire more experience in the game, when you are aware that your game is better so if I consider that you can start playing money games real.:top:

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
I advise you to read some articles here

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play cash online/live because not that many live tournaments where I'm at. Also don't like the tournament structures where I'm at.

As far as being tired of poker. Maybe you need to take a break from poker?

Poker can be very hard if you are at a table with players that are solid regulars. If you are constantly facing aggression vs good ranges, seeing that people are folding in tough spots correctly, then maybe you should look for finding a seat change to a more recreational splashy table.

Also try to avoid getting in big pots with other good regulars. If you have a big pot with a solid reg it's probably not a good thing unless you have close to the nuts. You want to battle with the easier looser players. That's where most of the money is made unfortunately. Not reg battling. That does not mean you can't study.

As mentioned above, put in the effort and practice away from the table. Go observe some online tables and see how they play. You can watch high stake tables online without being at the table to see how they play their ranges and defend. Pull up equity calculators and look at certain spots to see how you would do in certain spots. Go over your previous hand histories and see where you messed up and where you could improve.

Solver software is more for the complex strategies, but honestly your focus should be just to exploit the weaker players at the table for their glaring holes in their poker game. Betting high preflop when you know no one folds with your premium hands and getting full value from them postflop when they station. Or just betting small when you know someone folds every flop without top pair or something.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

To be better at poker you need to pracrice more.Every day we learn something more at poker said one famous pro player.During game you gain experience that may improve your skill .So the best way to improve your game is practicing more.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am tired too. I do not enjoy anymore in game like use to do . Seems to me it is just became a thing of luck, like a slot machine,if you're lucky you get something ,if not,nothing > (

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is something that I'm never going to get tired .. I know there are good moments of gusts and the others that are sometimes longer to cope with are the times when everything goes wrong .. but still love poker

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get bored with too much information, maybe you need to study to find out what you can do with the information.

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn from the your mistakes while playing many many hours.

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a short break sometimes. And anything you read is just good info, doesn't mean it has to be used every time.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how many hours must a beginner play that the quality of his game wouldn't get worse? today I played 8 hours, I didn' focus on the tournmnt I took part. I was constantly distracted, I think I played much better a month ago when I just started playing poker, and the more I read about this game and the more I play - the more I lose :joyman:

Hi , is that 8hrs for one tournament or many tourneys adding up to 8hrs total ?

if it's just one tourney 8hrs long, then I'd say it's about mental strength , focusing on players and the cards and wondering if u made the right decision for 8hrs can be tiring indeed, but to be successful you'll need to do 8hrs easily imo , I've played live home games that easily go 12hrs plus when Ist started playing (while drinking sometimes) lol ,
I've found online for long hrs is harder because you can't interact with people in the same way , my advice for online could be try a few things depending on your chipstack .
if a big stack then maybe keep trying to identify other players with potential to get big stacks , what are they doing to get it ? are there any bullies ? if it's one of those stale tight nitty tabloes , and you have enough chips to sail by , then just think of other things in poker , or tv shows.sports , anything ..... mostly I feel only if u have a big stack can you get bored or something , short stack play is easy adrenaline looking for spot to shove in , lol.
on the mental strength/tiredness tip , well practice long and longer hrs , I feel 12hrs should be doable without too much fuss , if not then more practice , players make mistakes and get frustrated after long hrs of play, so those who are stronger mentally will have better chances against the more tired/impatient players , peoples range change sometimes due to fatigue , so learn about this too , just my opinions anyway lol :) gl

DeN4iK310882

DeN4iK310882

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone must choose how many hours he can play. For me personally, the game for more than 4 hours in a row also becomes uninteresting. And I'm ready to give the whole stack of chips, just to finish it as soon as possible. Therefore, I do not like big tournaments, but I play at cash tables more often.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think it's normal to be distracted and tired after 8hours of playing it's normal to study and be confused with all that information you get.I think you should to try cash games and sit and go's for change a bit and plus that needs less time of playing.Poker it's fun too ,enjoy the game take your time .Practicice on what you have study .

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played couple of years poker, got frustraded and left it. This time i did come back and prepared my self. I have done the homework now. Reading a lot about Poker to understand the game and Villlains and using a Tracker Software helped me to become a way better player. Im still in beginner progress, but currently good in profit on DON 22 USD.

Since i use Pokertracker 4 i do play way way way better. Hand Review is very important as well to me.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think long hours at the table isn't really necessary unless it is strictly for practicing. You should play best when you're most alert and feeling great about the game.

I think most people misapply the concepts of many of the concepts in books anyway. Many of the successful cash game players like Viktor Blom and Patrik Antonius didn't really read many books. It's overrated except for concepts on Pot odds and expectation. I've read many books myself too.

0m3n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a practice and combination of math and psychology... you have to combine them

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take it easy and patience first of all, I'll give you a simple information that from now on will improve your game significantly. You should keep in mind that even the best poker players in the world lose. We must respect the variance of the game. There are media that will bring us closer to victory, from today you will learn to play differently, many players try to adopt the tight aggressive style, and think that playing pre-flop allin with AA will earn a lot of money, forget that method of play .
1. Try to play more passively, with the intention of hitting good games.
2. Learn to fold AA, KK, QQ, AK when a player with more stacks than you are Aallin before you.
3. When playing with AA, KK, QQ, try to hit a three of a kind on the flop.
4. Learn to read the board, if there is resistance or too much aggression from your opponent, learn to fold AA, KK, QQ.
5. Learn to fold on the turn and river even when you have already invested some stacks trying to hit something strong.
6. Do not go allin 'post-flop, with drow flush or straight drow, learn to value your stacks.
7. Miss today, miss tomorrow, but never bluff, when the variance passes, you will hit and embrace the victory. The victory comes in the long run, do not forget.

I'm sure it will improve your game notoriously.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

See if you win your percentage of winning. If 10 winners and 200 people. The odds of winning is 1 in 20 or a five percent chance of placing. If you place five percent of the time the poker people are doing thier job even if they cheating. .

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honest question and answer. It sounds very good that you train a lot but nevertheless you should not play when you do not want to. Poker should not be your main activity. At least when you do not want or cant focus down on the game you play. You will unfortunately keep loosing money in such cases. Just play when you really want to. Not because some streamers are online or you want to get rich.

But you seem to have a good reflection of the things you do. Therefore just follow the path your mind suggests.

Greets and all the best!

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you tired, it is in my opinion to play it is not necessary - always going to play due to lack of desire to play. therefore, in such cases better interesting book to read))) and the desire to play always to you will return.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your psychological state directly depends on your physical condition, so go in for sports and you will be able to play more time as concentrated as possible !!!

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's okay to get tired of poker because it's not for everyone. At least you gave it a try to see if its for you.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
poker fatigue

how many hours must a beginner play that the quality of his game wouldn't get worse? today I played 8 hours, I didn' focus on the tournmnt I took part. I was constantly distracted, I think I played much better a month ago when I just started playing poker, and the more I read about this game and the more I play - the more I lose :joyman:

I get too much unnecessary information, it worsens my playing
hello I play poker until I feel tired better to get out than to lose but to be profitable we have to train our brain over the weekend I play 8 hours and the other days 5 hours for me poker is like a second job.the poker is a financial benefit but also enjoyment at the tables.

Vodnik2017

Vodnik2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game without a break to rest destroys a person morally. Need to plan your gaming day wisely
GL!