I'm Tired of Playing Poker

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's hard for me to stay positive when I'm going through a downswing. I have to ask myself, did I make a bad play or did variance beat me? Over the last 13 years I've played several million hands.

Did you get your chips all in with the best hand ? If you did then try to accept it and move on. If you made a bad decision try to learn from it. I'm not saying I don't get discouraged. But overtime I've got better. Maybe take a break and study the math of playing.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to play, I also sat at poker tables for days, then I realized that this is not a game, it's just a way to understand! I play one tournament a day, it's about four hours, I play carefully, concentrated and it brings much more benefits!

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This game has a lot of ups and downs just as life, there is a lot of variance in poker. Lately I am just getting run over, but it will change. Its a grind and a mental game, which can make it very hard to manage. Stay up, keep grindin'

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not lose your head friend. Nothing can be learned and changed for the day. Take a little rest from poker.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker may be something you really like but if you can not concentrate while playing then you do not to play. If you have too many distractions on your mind it limit the amount of energy you need to play the game.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It still depends on what stakes you play, because if only the micro would be tigh aggresive enough to win in a long period of time.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play as long as you consider this focused and playing your best.
If you think 8 hours and exhausting choose SNG or Cash game because MTT will charge much more time of your time, layout and focus.

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good plans...Nice revenue

Poker tired you when it starts to be a big load for you to feed your bankroll.
In other way a good bankroll management is best way to keep enjoying your life poker.
you have to keep asking a better and well experienced player and read a lot of articles about this point in specific for a beginner player like me, so it's all about you, you can make the difference.
:D

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
breaks are needed, I would never play if I didnt feel like it.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact, poker is a very big practice, and cold calculation, if you won one amount, save this money and do not play the blinds more than you can afford, because even the best decisions and hands can bend under the luck of another player.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL

Just do something other than poker, GOLL what's wrong with us?:confused:

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many hours must a beginner play that the quality of his game wouldn't get worse? today I played 8 hours, I didn' focus on the tournmnt I took part. I was constantly distracted, I think I played much better a month ago when I just started playing poker, and the more I read about this game and the more I play - the more I lose :joyman:

I get too much unnecessary information, it worsens my playing

All information available are for guideline. It just teaches you how to think and react under a given situation. You can add or subtract the things which are best suited to you. No information guarantees that you will win.

For example, all information says you must start with a strong hand pre-flop. Why they say that? Knowing that five more cards to come and strong hand may not remain as strong till the end then what is the reason for making such unnecessary stupid suggestion?

Suppose you start with AK. With next five community cards what you can make? You can make a pair or 2 pair or set or straight and so on. Another person starts with QJ can also make pair, 2 pair, set and so on.

So what is the difference? QJ can only win if it makes a pair and if AK misses. Needless to mention AK will win if both of you made the pair or if both of you misses. And that is the advantage of strong hand and that is why suggestions were made.
I just talked about simple matter but there are other matters such as your position, poker odds, pot odds, value added, etc; which are of importance. They help you in making better decisions.

If the information are causing problems for you then erase them from your memory. You don't have to accept anything or everything. Just play with common sense and very soon you will realize that you are doing the same thing what they have already suggested.

Last edited:
chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I know what you mean.
If I were in your place, I take a break. Two months would be enough, you'll see how to change your game. I have a similar situation, and everything fell into place only after a long pause of two months.
All the way changed for the better, so much so that I was surprised by my same game. ;):cool:

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that if I play too much that I don't pay attention as well.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I get too much unnecessary information, it worsens my playing

This can be a real problem. there is so much info out there that a new person can get overwhelmed. Also, some of the info available on the web is garbage and it is really difficult to discern what is good and what isn't.

Stick to folks that have a proven record of winning. There are some that think they know what they are talking about but do not have a winning record of winning available to the public.

Understanding what you are reading is very important. Reading one thing and moving on to the next without understanding why or taking time to put what you have learned into practice, is probably not a good recipe.

Do not think you can become a winning pro in a few months.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I concentrate on tournaments, the better I play. And I try to use the knowledge obtained from books about poker with me. For example, if I see that my opponent bets on the flop when two suited cards then he or ready set or two pair. I use not only mathematics, but also other knowledge.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get tired of poker and take a short break, it helps me.

R1temp

R1temp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to study. Without it, you can't win. But you need to choose the right material. You have to look up to the leaders. And over time, unnecessary information will become knowledge.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many have told you and rightly so, give yourself a break, think about other things and attend to other activities, you will see how satisfying it is, and before you know, you will become renewed.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not tired already, it was posted a month ago. come on guys)

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of patience. You may be experiencing a crisis now, but you must overcome it in order to be even better in the future. Good luck my friend

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose one style witch one you want to play and where you are comfortable at than stick to it and you will see that it's gonna work out :)
Maybe read a book witch may help you understand what style player you are and don't mix a plays together as you not experience enough :)

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are completely new, I advise you to spend 30% of your time on theory and 70 practices. If you are so tired or just do not play the game, finish the session and relax, do not play although you need to miss poker for a couple of days.
Poker needs to be bored

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker has a nasty tendency to draw you in for long periods of time in a row where it either is an addiction or sure as hell looks like one.

A simple thing you could do is to set some rules before you start to play:

- how long will you play that session - set a timer and quit when it beeps
- set clear goals - if you want to have fun then stop when it's no longer fun, if you want to improve then define some very simple things you could improve on (maybe 1 or 2 to keep it simple) and then focus on those for as long as you can
- after you quit, evaluate the session and also how you feel about the fact that you just spend x hours

After doing this for a while do a larger evaluation and see if you want to continue or find something else to do.

The above works for everything by the way :)