I'm Tired of Playing Poker

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, when you recognize that your game gets worser I think you have already made a good step forward.

It is a strength when you are able to identify your weak points.

Focus on the strategies that work, tweak the areas you can and you definitely are going to improve your overall skill level over time.

All the best for you!

roterdama

roterdama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker!

Sometimes i hate poker , but i still play ! i am learning and in fucher i been good player! Need only dont go tilt and everything bee good!:star:

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've just started playing and already getting burnt out, this might not be the game for you. Poker is rough, very ROUGH and if you're doing it without any kind of love, desire, or joy to genuinely play the game. It will drag you down. If playing poker doesnt make your brain tingle, I suggest you get out now and save yourself thousands of dollars and thousands of heartaches.
how many hours must a beginner play that the quality of his game wouldn't get worse? today I played 8 hours, I didn' focus on the tournmnt I took part. I was constantly distracted, I think I played much better a month ago when I just started playing poker, and the more I read about this game and the more I play - the more I lose :joyman:

I get too much unnecessary information, it worsens my playing

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are just a beginner, i think 4-5 hours a day is enough. In other time you can watch some poker videos or try to read some books, this can help you to improve your game. Anyway, at one moment you just need to understand, is it poker for you? Because sometimes people can play poker for a really long time and they just don,t have any success. Sometimes it,s better to understand, that poker as a job - this is not for everyone.
If you can,t make money playing poker, just play only freerolls in your leisure time, this will be enough for sure.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Information about the game you need to train in the game gradually. If you train different skills at once-it will worsen your results. Take it slow. And you need a lot of patience.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it better to play after being away from the tables a few days. Then I play for a couple of hours, and then I stop for a day or two. In theory at least. In reality I go to play all night untill I lose all money :)

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time not defined

You must respect the time frame that you set aside for your game. You must be able to control your emotions and leave the game even when you go to the minus. Sometimes it may not be lucky. Sometimes, losing is a consequence of a collision with stronger opponents. Sometimes, a winning game, especially when you are surrounded by weak opponents, may be the reason for staying a little longer in the game. But only if you have no other business. Remember, in each game it is important to pause. Most often this should be done in moments of fatigue or when there is no game. you need to set clear goals and a plan for their accomplishment. And, most importantly, theory and practice are two different things. It must be remembered that experience comes only in practice.;)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not tired already, it was posted a month ago. come on guys)
It's ok though, they are offering advice that may help others. There are some good posts in this thread and good discussion; I don't want to close it. If you don't want to get notifications about new posts in this thread, you can go to "Thread Tools" and unsubscribe:

2dd1e7c589ce69fc4a3d1808453ac774.gif

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how many hours must a beginner play that the quality of his game wouldn't get worse? today I played 8 hours, I didn' focus on the tournmnt I took part. I was constantly distracted, I think I played much better a month ago when I just started playing poker, and the more I read about this game and the more I play - the more I lose :joyman:

Thats the problem with the information boom.
We have evolved strategys so many times, you gotta check your poker books edition and print date.
Not to mention there are many ways to play this game and many different opponents that react differently to each strategy.
Learn each strategy, learn what works against what opponents, and the situation that arises. Learning doesnt involve winning at first, its about learning/understanding

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
]It's about putting off on time, I often think that everyone plays for a long time and drops people's focus, which makes you play worse.​

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL its an old thread my bad! hey unnamed72 OP
Good thing you're not tired yet!! Dont mind me!

1deec8a2a23eb79928a1ba1f2028013d.png

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Outcome
Patience
Luck
Skill

They are all combined to = Poker.
From a observation perspective the lines can become blurred.
The more emotion a person adds to the equation and the more conditioning that occurs over time, the more blurred reality becomes.

bereckelya

bereckelya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I have the same. The more I read, the worse I play.:confused::(

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im getting very very sick of playing to be honest,sometimes i feel like im making major progress,but then the reality slaps me in the face again and reminds me that i might as well push all in with anything first half and call absolutely nothing second half.im either completely careless because im in the,computers already made up its mind mode,or i play a near perfect game for hours just to be taken out by a seriously suspicious 2 out on the river or disconnection or some other thing.yes getting very very sick of it,just seems so pointless putting in the time and mental energy just to feel robbed after hours,pretty much lost interest now to a great rxtent unfortunately and its not often i can stay serious long enough to make any real headway....i think that really sux.

D

dazeboy79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick with it, don't burn out!! Study MORE!! Train MORE!!

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I may give you a personal tip, while playing poker do some activity that gives you pleasure but do not distract you like Facebook, Instagram and others. Something that keeps your 'mind on' and not on autopilot.

J

JekinTar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
study your mistakes and the mistakes of other players. Good luck all!:)

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Change your habits and you will get better results.
Someone says : " You can learn how to play poker in one hour but master it will take you all your life".
Cheer up and don't think about the money, the game or glory . Think in how to be a better player and how to get more FT.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not an easy game, the game demands a lot from you

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the best results when I was not playing ''seriously'', meaning when I didn't spend all day on the tables but casually logged in at evening and started a tournament with some good music on.. So, probably sometimes you just need to rest for best results.