How much poker is too much?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, this is just too much! You at all a normal) this recognized very many, of course, if poker this your work, but and the, then you recognized a strong workaholic:flute::flute::flute:
Thank goodness i learn from my mistakes:O) definitley was not playing smart thanks for your thought. Good luck out there and keep grinding :O)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of poker is when you lose concentration and want to finish playing as soon as possible :)

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank goodness i learn from my mistakes:O) definitley was not playing smart thanks for your thought. Good luck out there and keep grinding :O)
Apply if that))))) giving free advice to others is not very difficult, and sometimes even funny:D:D

Baba Orielly

Baba Orielly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BabaOrielly

If your bills are overdue, or it has taken up the majority of your free time, it's probably too much. If playing even 1 game a year makes you angry and frustrated, it's definetly too much!:damnmate:

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OIP.C9DUCOszCgSM7Q7_-SvU_wAAAA

E

ekt0rac

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe you need outside of poker activities to break the monotony of grinding everyday.
so yeah there is a thing like too much poker and you should be wary of it becaue the burnout is real

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can indeed play poker too much.
Especially when you are dealing with bad cards, and you keep playing, then it's too much.
You must have also have other activities to set your mind of it.

G

Guillermo Lucangeli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think never is too much playing:jd4: poker. You must play all the time you are awake

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)

I've been there. lol For me, it was too much. It starts to take up all your time and you're getting nothing done. Going back to work gave me my reality check. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't working, because even when I'm not playing for real $, I use poker as a time killer.. It's hard to quit for me too if I don't have to get to work lol You have to be disciplined I guess, and give yourself a time limit or something. Good luck :D

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's too much when you lose focus and do not play your best game anymore...
It also is too much when you still play when you should be doing other important things...
As long as you are not making a living from poker you probably have other things to do as well...

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To much poker?

If you're not happy with what you're doing or what you're doing is not making you happy. If your bored with what you're doing don't do it, do something else. the longest. I've ever gone without playing poker because of lack of interest. but maybe a couple of days at most.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)

Good afternoon friend try playing less and study more the game not to be wasting a lot of time in this game or even losing sleep day poker is a very difficult game to understand why need many studies ok.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sounds to me like too much. Even if you play professionally you should still maintain routine with no more than 10 hours per day in my opinion. If you are not pro player be sure to avoid situations where poker disturbs your normal routines like job and family routines and balance between poker and other hobbies.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. If your prize money is large and you are happy with the game, then this is normal. Four days to play like this and three days off are simply necessary. If your winnings are minimal, change the time or play other disciplines. Good luck.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bank management, own time management. if you play too long - it's excitement, you will definitely win in the end

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the person. Too much is whenever you no longer feel comfortable with your play. Not playing your A-game for some is when they quit and others continue much longer than they should.

Sometimes I need a few days off to refresh, but other times my determination is unwavering. Someone could wake my up in the middle of the night and say: "Want to play poker?" and I'll hop right up: "let's roll." :D