How much poker is too much?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite simply it is necessary to strike a balance. Again, in a good situation MTT tournament lasts around 9 hours, after, it is necessary to have a rest at least a day.
I played a lot out of frustration with bad beats and the idiot players:0) But since i have learned to control myself and play better. Breaks definitly help:0) thanks for the insite:0) GOOD LUCK OUT THERE AND KEEP GRINDING

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's for everyone to decide, we're all old enough.
I have observed that when I get tired I play more loos and I am not so patient & risk more. That is then the sign for me to take a break.
Everyone should look out for his signs. Accept and respect them & try to think in advance what exactly you want to do.
For me 5h sleep is too little, but also there we are all different.

I would recommend a self-experiment: Do something different & observe what kind of changes occur...

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no such thing as to much poker

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1 tournament is enough, it takes 4-5 hours or more sometimes

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its taken over my life......... so no complaints here :)

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends... If you love the game nothing is too much, if you want to get back money you lost than its a gambling problem...

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)
I think if you’re asking this question, you are already aware it’s getting out of hand. You know you better than anyone else. I’m a family man, so my wife helps me keep it in moderation. But I will say this. If you spend as much time learning and studying as you do playing, it will make the sessions very productive. When I started making money, my wife would get irritated if I was watching tv instead of playing. :)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play game after game or tournament after tournament, especially if you are losing, is too long. Also if you are falling asleep at the table or computer while playing is too long, take a break...lol.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say for myself, today I'm really giving some time in poker. Sometimes this is necessary, I'm still not ready to go back.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, this is not very normal. You need a good break. Otherwise, you will get tired and make mistakes.

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all about how much your body can handle.

for instance some of the most successful players from sweden:
Lena900
C. Darwin
to name a few
they play poker 4 days a week but really long sessions
If you feel that your result is not exactly ass you want it to be, perhaps you are missing out on some sleep, so my advice is, follow the PRO's, take a break day every now and then just to get your head back in the game or don't play that long sessions. maybe the last tournament should be a turbo or hyper, so no matter how well you do, you can go to bed and enjoy your sleep!

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)

For a working person , 30+ is too much.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, this is not very normal. You need a good break. Otherwise, you will get tired and make mistakes.
THANK YOU;0) i have done this and still do to make sure I have the right balance. Good luck out there;)

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never stress yourself too much in life there is time for everything and for everyone. Best of luck!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its up to you to no when its to much everybody has there limit if you think its to much it probably is time to take a break.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it ok ???

It is difficult to say that in poker is not normal and what is normal. For many people, work also lasts 10-12 hours, but they perceive it for some reason, as something quite reasonable and ordinary. It seems to me that the most important thing is to make good money on the game. It is also important to rest and sleep enough, because otherwise it will not affect the game in the best way. And of course, so that there is time for privacy, friends, relatives and other important matters and meetings.:vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To much is when you start hating playing poker then it’s time to take brake

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

:heeeellllThis is a lot! When a big tournament, then many hours have to play, but only ONE tournament!
And when to live? Life is not only Poker!:)

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much is when you don't put enough effort in the game. Example, you are running bad and just losing, losing, losing but still playing tournament after tournament. That's the key why a lot of players lose including me, that's the thing what I should learn to just stop and not try to win it back.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, if you like it, then that's fine, I usually take so long to play, my long game is exhausting, I usually play one tournament a day for 4-5 hours

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If these time costs were also productive ... Ato so - a waste of time.