How much poker is too much?

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the game I love is no longer fun to play. Also whenever I feel like my play is to robotic.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number one. Who dictates what normal is? Number two. How much is too much?? As far as I am concerned, if it feels good and it is not taking away from important aspects of your life than I don't see the harm in it. Important aspects might be your social life, your health, physical and mental. Is this lifestyle causing you issues at work?? Sometimes it's really good for a person to give themselves a break from an area in their life that might be somewhat extreme. For instance, averaging over 12 hours of poker a day. Don't get me wrong, if you are striving to be a professional poker player than playing 12 or more hours of poker a day may not be so extreme. That being said, I am pretty sure that even the top players in the world have to take a physical and mental break ever so often. If they didn't, they probably wouldn't be some of the top players in the world. I guess what I am trying to say is that an individual needs to try to find that balance that works best for them. What works for me may not work for you, but no matter what I believe that it is definitely important to try to find that balance. I hope that this may help you to become a better player in the long run and good luck!!!

Well said, I think if you are not hurting anyone go for it. I play 16 hours a day on and off:):icon_flow

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first question to answer yours is why do you play poker?

If you play poker as a way to make a living, then you should play as much as you need as long as it does not prevent you from playing close to optimally. If you can't support yourself, change professions.

If you are playing recreationally, I would ask also if you have other things playing takes you away from. As long as you are not interfering with properly performing your job, spending time with family and pursue other interests, you are ok. Though what you described above does not seem to leave much time for anything else.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we should have a schedule basis to play that way is more efficient in the period we're playing and I think we have better results
Many hours playing thread is exhausting and not always brings in results only sustains addiction game.

I love to play poker but I recognize that we need to focus and discipline and controlled game schedules

:jd4:mateuspoker

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tough question to answer.

if ur into MTTs, sessions can be super long so not good for your health and social life.

I would say if ur not a pro, playing twice a week is ok. More than that is addiction.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on if ur winning or loosing. Also if u cant stop thats a problem.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What..

You can never have enough poker! The addiction is real!!!:icon_boun

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker 3-4 days a week. I think that rest is very important and it directly affects the player's concentration and the results of the game.

VysotskGSV

VysotskGSV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not when I didn't understand why I had to load my brain . If you sleep 5 hours a day . Only one excuse can be that You Earn good money

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limit

When poker becomes tiring, and makes you very nervous, it's a sign that you need to pause

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey bro

i play 7 days a week 3 sites from 7am till around 1am in the morning 7 days a week
no such thing as too much .
we win we lose but we allways come back for more
thats poker

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general you should sleep at least seven hours per day. Eat as healthy as you can and of course get 2-3 working out sessions per week.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always be a degenerate of course and make other people happy by donating your money at the tables.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)

I think that if you have a game that is not very big in winning a bankroll, then it is better to play in moderation and rest from the game and later start to play rested and with new forces, it is better to periodically rest in the game because tournaments are not going anywhere!

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself at times losing tournament after tournament then winning one here and there before I know it day has turned to early morning:0) Five hours of sleep and I am back at it again maybe three to four days at a time:0) Is this normal:0)

A good night's sleep is an important component of good brain function. Personally, I noticed that a bad sleep has a negative effect on my play

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A lot of poker does not happen :) But pauses between games are necessary, otherwise you can go crazy.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing a lot before i took e a break. and now that im back im playing less. one to two tourneys a day. before was like 5/10. it gives me better results and less stress. i still get the usual bad beat donkey style, but i guess is online poker.

T

troika

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A Gambler fallacy or a syndrome ? thinking it again and again

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find you’re playing poker too much and losing money, I would definitely recommend using the voluntary exclusion feature on whatever website you use. “Too much” poker is any amount that interferes with the rest of your life - poker is a game like any other and shouldn’t come at the expense of any other area of your life.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is a desire and allows your health, play as you want. But do not forget to relax and spend time on simple pleasures in life.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say that you play more than you need and you need to sleep more.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant really gauge how much poker is too much but I definitely think you should have a balance.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it really depends on how important poker is in your life right now and how much you can handle the financial downswings.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, this is just too much! You at all a normal) this recognized very many, of course, if poker this your work, but and the, then you recognized a strong workaholic:flute::flute::flute: