How much of intuition in your game?

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is sometimes happening prediction with intuition combined with case of appearance of cards if u have some kind of prediction that those cards are going to come out and the other thing as well need to watch out the opponents betting patern most cases if they raise they have strong hands so if u involve in that situation with ur intuition you will going to loose in most cases!

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have much knowledge about poker yet, that's why I most often play by intuition

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to rely on intuition, but on the real situation, the strength of my hand, the behavior of rivals and their number. Intuition is good, only when you win, and when you lose - you think that you are not lucky.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Probably more intuition !
nQYPF_Cc3BM.jpg

dimasps12

dimasps12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to focus on the bet pattern of the other players at first. Then, when the blinds are higher i do start to trust my inner voice, but she rely on that pattern observed before and my position... so its not all intuition, but more of a educated guess (wich can be called intuintion, that depends of the concept that we have about what intuitions really are haha)

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is very important! Very often getting a pocket card such as Q 8, on the QQ8 flora, or just 8 5 8. So I play every hand in the first stage.

L

Ly4nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little about what I often regret. But the mind takes its toll.

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although subconsciously I'm sure we can pick up on cues through betting patterns, I believe that the feeling of intuition, or lack there of comes from after the fact. In my experience, I often find myself saying : "I knew I shouldn't have folded", when in reality the human mind just reacts in a certain way, associating patterns and relating how the game rolls out. I believe that more often than not, we just want to believe that we knew better than how we did while playing.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer experience :) Intuition may help sometimes but experience and knowledge is more important.. to me at least.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While in general I dont like being this kind of player, in low stakes some players have crazy tendencies and you gotta try to exploit them with some unconventional plays.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While in general I dont like being this kind of player, in low stakes some players have crazy tendencies and you gotta try to exploit them with some unconventional plays.
So what kind of player do you wanna be?

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have bad knowledge in poker and bad intuition)) combo straight) well, nothing ... learn yet)

8emaragas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this but with bad hands. I'm going to fold and something tells me to call, but I say nah this is a bad hand like 48os. So I fold, flop comes 4A8, so I'm thinking yeah would have had 2 pair but it would have been beat. Turn comes a Q, so I'm like see, AQ would have took me out. River comes a 4, now I'm like damn full house should have called. Only happens on crap hands, good hands I get nothing lol.
The same s**t happens to me most of the times!Imagine that even when i have the 1/3 of the stack from the player who went all in and everyone folds, before i call him with AQ suited i'm spaming like 'see you guys or i will loose' and then the flop gives him right away a f** set!:):eek:

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to confuse intuition with results poker.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to trust my intuition more, I give her 60%. Here is a short example:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-04-22-51-44-630_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-04-22-51-44-630_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16
C

Cardz007l

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition I use very rarely, usually against one opponent due to previously reading their behaviour.

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no intuition in poker. Only mathematics. Most of the pro's don't make hero calls because some "inner voice" told them to but because it was the mathematically sound choice.

To put it another way, you need to know how often a call in a certain situation will be the right one and weigh that against how much money you need to pay to call. This is what is referred to as win odds and pot odds. You always want the pot odds to be greater than the win odds.

I suggest you read some articles on how to calculate the different odds and how to use it in your game.

Last edited:
vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this works best on live. Online I do not usually care much about intuition, I prefer to believe what I have judged from the opponent in other hands.

C

celtics34

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually before and after i get sucked out on the river i let out a sigh like i know the inevitable is on the way...and it always happens

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL the I got a feeling.. stop touching yourself in funny ways and actually play poker

dimasps12

dimasps12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One time, i had 98s. A good hand to play on the late stages of the tournament. So, i give a call on a raise before me. And came a 9-8-A on flop. So i give a new call. And than came another 9. I was so happy haha. Then, i did i huge raise, the villain called. So, came a 2. I thought, i'm winning. I bet, the villain raised, with a pair of nines on table. i guessed, he can have a 22 on his hand, or a AA? i decided to fold, and he had a AA. I folded right and saved some to last a little more (but very little haha) there... haha

M

mstefanos666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I trust my intuition I have very good results! Whenever I play "by the book" there are always bad beats.. Many times I've lost with Aces pre-flop all-in and my intuition somehow knew that I would lose! It's hard to explain but we all have seen it I think...

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the fact that the more you play the better you get at reading the table and the opponents, sometimes it happens that you seem unable to lose with any given cards, that is a combination of skill and intuition.

Top 10 Games