How much does luck matter in poker?

UmSoPlayer

UmSoPlayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I believe that the luck factor is less relevant, what matters most is mental, discipline, knowledge, perseverance.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It matters a lot because when you go all in ofc you need luck

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How much do you think luck matters in poker? For me i seem to be pretty unlucky. I had a pretty good run for a little while in cash games but lately it doesn't matter howw well i play, i seem to have the worst luck. I believe if you are very unlucky you have much less of a chance to be a winning poker player.
I've played in tournaments without getting any pairs, even in tournaments I only got low pairs, of course I had patience until I ran out of chips, but I keep taking risks and playing, I have more luck live than online, which means, that luck, technique, knowledge, patience and discipline, have to go hand in hand

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot, it doesn't matter that you're a good player, if you're not lucky you won't win.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I think in shortly percentage, everything depend in informations from opponents, stack and skills.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that new players do rely on more luck and as they get more confident skill and experience become the more important factors to winning, but a bit of luck is still necessary and always there to help out :).

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello you can have a lot of skill but without luck you won't reach much I think it's 70% skill and 30% luck

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Luck plays an important role in poker, but its impact varies depending on the type of poker you're playing and the time period you're considering.

In the short term, luck can be a significant factor. In a single hand or even a short tournament, the cards you are dealt can have a big impact on your outcome. Even if you are a skilled player and make solid decisions, a bad run of cards can lead to you losing in the short term. This is what is often called "variance" in poker.

However, as the game is played over time, skill and correct decision making have a greater bearing on the results. Successful poker players understand the odds, know how to manage their bankroll, read their opponents, and adapt their strategies based on the situation. In the long run, luck tends to even out and more skilled players tend to perform better.

In short, luck is a big factor in poker, especially in the short term, but skill and strategy are critical to long-term success. Poker is a game that combines skill and luck, and the key to being a successful player is learning to manage both effectively.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
luck plays a key role in poker at the right time at the right time. If you're very lucky, you can even take first place in the tournament because of luck, but in general, your playing experience depends on the entire tournament. If you play well, you will win and skill is the highest level of play, so no luck at the right time, but a lot of play depends on skill

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% success rate in poker is luck.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think luck is HUGE! Who hasn't had their Kings go up in flames to a donk who calls with a 52 and catches 3 fives lol That's poker!

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A very big luck factor, because you can be won in 5 percent in runner runner and so on, so luck is an important thing

A

Atom Winner

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Luck always plays a factor since you can lose to 28 with very good hands like AA

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is very important in poker especially when you get to the final table you won't win without some run good

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck is for fools, and it works only in the short term, if you play at a distance and play correctly and disciplined, then luck is not yours, here your education, intuition, mind and skills come first.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think 50% of poker is luck, 50% is knowledge and skills

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You need luck to win a tournament even if you are playing great and making good calls .

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
important role, in case of an equal game only a successful distribution will help)

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Luck is a very important part of the game. With the best skills you can't win without luck, just look at tournaments when nothing happens at the decisive moment.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In a single tournament 95%, in a long run 10% , in a very long run close to 0 %

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck is very important in poker because every hand can be crucial in poker, especially in tournaments. However, there are players who think differently, and most often they are strong players who think so. But most likely they mean luck and skill at a distance, but even if I took the distance, I would give 60 percent for luck and 40 percent for skill...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How much do you think luck matters in poker? For me i seem to be pretty unlucky. I had a pretty good run for a little while in cash games but lately it doesn't matter howw well i play, i seem to have the worst luck. I believe if you are very unlucky you have much less of a chance to be a winning poker player.
I think the importance of luck in poker is overrated. You have to realize that you will not be lucky forever and, on the contrary, sooner or later you will get lucky. You need to concentrate on your skills, and in case of failures do not despair, but keep moving forward - towards success! :cool:

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that to win tournaments or important things you always need to have a little luck. But if you are a better player than the others, you will surely need it less.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's very important. Without luck, you won't have to start playing poker

O

Oleg-Nadia

Rising Star