How much does luck matter in poker?

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In MTTs you need the run no matter how good you are. You do need to manage your decisions however, especially know when to fold, minimise your losses.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Prigrysh is your best friend, work on the game is closely related to this

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more skillful you become, the better your chances of getting lucky...luck is what makes the game exciting.... who was it that said , "the more I practice, the luckier I get"..can't remember, but it's just part of the game... keep learning, have fun.. :)

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
luck in poker is well-deserved, because every step, every movement is very important and the game can change its course if you follow every trick and concentrate, then you will also be lucky

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's obvious that in poker, first and foremost are the skills but everyone has heard about badbeats, that's why little bit luck is absolutely necessary if you want to enjoy the game

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
In poker, luck has a certain meaning, especially in the short term. However, over the long haul, skill and good decision making are more important. Luck may play a role in individual hands or tournaments, but ultimately experienced and talented players can overcome adverse situations and achieve success.
If you are having problems with luck, it may be worth paying attention to your game and analyzing your decisions. Focus on developing your strategy, learning your playing techniques, and improving your skills to increase your likelihood of success in the long run.Remember that poker is a combination of skill and luck, so constant improvement and persistence can help you become a successful player.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think that poker requires some luck.
During the flop, one wrong card and it's all over.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
luck is necessary you can't survive without it but luck is earned because nothing comes easy in poker

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Luck not only gives bad players the opportunity to win and the pleasure of remembering their triumphs, but it also tricks them into feeling like they belong in the top 10 or 20 percent of their games. Almost every player in the poker room believes that he is in the stronger half.

Phil Ivey07

Phil Ivey07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NP
Chips
Do you think luck plays a crucial role or skill to win in poker?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Do you think luck plays a crucial role or skill to win in poker?
That is the age old question, and we have plenty of threads about it. like this one:

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I've been playing on pokerstars for a year or two, in my experience everything depends on luck here. You can play as it is written in the ledger, most of the time things will go wrong (for example, you raise with your premium hand, a half-crazy calls with 34, and he wins). I watch the game of the others, it's interesting, but this strategy works for them.
And of course, the big fans will come to say that it's a bad series/variance/bad beat, but it's been like this since the beginning. Everyone knows how to play, but the problem is with the sites (I think money = rake is talking here as well). As much as I used to love playing, I actually lose my interest in it day after day due to these bad experiences.
Of course, there are one or two luckier days when you manage to get a little money, but in the vast majority there is no chance of somehow getting into one of the paying places (you don't get a usable card to win even one, because get only 73, Q5, 92, 84 and 47 cards in a row). if you do win something, it's because you throw your QQ (best hand after 2-3 hours playing) in the bubble so that some IQ-fighter doesn't eliminate you with his A3 hand.
And I'm not talking about the bad series, but the everyday experience. Of course, you can't win every day, and that's not a rational goal, if you are not a professional but when you experience the same thing for several weeks, that your biggest hand in 2-hour tournaments is 1010, and then the flop is KJ5, it's less reassuring to say "just be patient, and you will have the result".

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, at the moment, for good luck in poker, I would take at least 40%, it is difficult to beat a person who collects at least one pair and does not throw anything off, and you can't collect anything.

T

tacobe14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Of course, luck plays a very important role, but no matter what, I still believe that our patience and discipline will always be more important. Therefore, be patient and disciplined, it will also increase your luck.
Good advice, pattience and discipline

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Luck is very important, good players only maximize the luck you got have, increasing the probability.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How much do you think luck matters in poker? For me i seem to be pretty unlucky. I had a pretty good run for a little while in cash games but lately it doesn't matter howw well i play, i seem to have the worst luck. I believe if you are very unlucky you have much less of a chance to be a winning poker player.

You did not specify which poker you are talking about: online or live poker. Luck is more important in online poker and skills come first in live poker.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that luck is everything in Poker, there are those who say that it is only a small percentage but the truth is that I believe that it influences more than even the own skill of each player, it is impressive how you can be the best player in the world and still lose games. because of the luck factor. Regards.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is dominated not by luck, but by the richness of the combinations used, as well as the perfect possession of your emotions...

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, luck is important in poker, but still, in poker, what matters more is the skill of the player, the ratio of luck and skill in poker is somewhere around 80 to 20 percent

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like playing online poker more because I can sit at several tables at once

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in poker is only 10% and the other 90% is studying, playing, studying and playing. No, poker is not a game, luck is the first thing you should understand about the sport.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You cannot achieve ultimate victory in standard MTT using luck alone to base your decisions. Sure you might go all in for 10 hands in a row and actually get called and win, most are scared off due to the erratic play. But sooner or later (more likely sooner), a player using all the skills available will see you as a target of opportunity and will take all your chips. Some luck may work for you in a few key hands or just as easily work against you in addition to your overall skill. Always rely on skill!

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call it coincidence, sometimes the coincidences are on your sude sometimes it doesn't haha you have to catch them

farmoline

farmoline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
I think 20% luck, 20% math, 20% psychology, 20% position and stack, 20% from your opponents. In any case, your level of play will only be visible at a long distance​