How many years experience do you have playing poker?

A

Atom Winner

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I've been playing poker for more than 10 years and it's still a lot of fun even if you're unlucky but that's part of it, I focus on having fun

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play 10 years ago, but I've stopped about 4 years, so now I'm trying to recover what I learned

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got into poker close to ten years now , i enjoy playing it

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I started in 2015 with a group of friends, and I fell in love with the game.

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have much experience, maybe six months, but I've already played live poker at a big table, the experience is much better than online, to be honest

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Approximately twelve years Approximately twelve years

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for about 7 years, I started my acquaintance with poker at the age of 18

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Are you tired of playing poker during this time
For sure is before the 2013y. - my journey in poker.

I'm not tired, it's just that when you set goals in poker things get complicated.
how much did you earn during this time playing poker for the whole period of money
I had a winning streak where I was playing pretty hard - but I thought I was a very good player - and I lost everything (bankroll) several times.

For example, I multiplied a minimum deposit by 5 times (at cash tables). But I started bluffing more than I should and that's how the downfall began.

(I had even prepared to quit my regular job…)
do you want to continue playing poker in the future
Yeah, why not...
Why(?) :) That's good question...

... I want to be a wining player again.

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing poker for over five years, I started playing fictitious poker to learn and I learned without anyone teaching me.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I consider myself a beginner because no more than one year has passed for me in this field.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
i´ve been playing poker at least 5 years discontinuosly

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for less than 2, I play to make an extra, I also play for fun.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing about 3-4 years ago and have been playing regularly ever since. My longest break lasted a month and it was a forced break because I was being treated in the hospital. For me, poker is a hobby that distracts me from everyday boring things and it is probably a hobby for the rest of my life.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have over 15 years of experience playing poker. But I am noticing the fruits of reading and learning just 2 years ago.
Which books do you recommend, and what do you consider the main and fundamental practical idea?

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My start in poker was by chance, I already told this story here on the forum, I once thought about becoming a professional, but I gave up on the idea, because I would have to invest in courses and other things, I already won a few dollars with freerolls, but nothing Besides that.
I play as a hobby and because I like it, but it's not in my priorities.(y)
Then drop the pot a few times and help us all... lol Your hand has been very heavy lately... drop the prizes and leave it to us all lol

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm playing for 20 years, firts live then in recent years online.
I've earned a few hundred bucks in both styles, but that's not important cause i play casual and for fun

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Wow.
I have played poker since I was 7, then 5-card-draw against my big brother for pennies and matchsticks.
Always losing.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Are you tired of playing poker during this time and how much did you earn during this time playing poker for the whole period of money do you want to continue playing poker in the future and why
I have been playing Poker for over 20 Years, on-line but mostly live games. I was asked by my Local Pub Landlord to run a weekly poker game for him as he didn't want to be suspected of making money from it, and wanted to be able to play himself from time to time.
As I was already playing at another Pub, and I had made many Friends there and Didn't want to stop playing there but when he offered me Free Beer all night, How could I refuse?
I ran the games for him for over 6 years and although most of my Friends followed me to the new venue and the game at the old pub died from lack of players, I was getting tired of it and really needed a break, He was unfortunately Fired from his managers position and the new Manager that took over started moaning about my Free Beer option so I said I was doing this mainly as a favour for the previous Landlord because he was also a Friend of mine so I had already considered Quitting and would be doing so at the end of that Season.
So the end of the Season came and I quit! but I did go back after a month or so just to take part in the games, I loved playing and won the very first game after being away for so long and eventually qualified for the Season Final even after missing so many games at the start of the Season.
I have always had an interest in Pub Games being on many teams over the years Playing Pool, Darts, Cribbage and Don, but Poker was something I really enjoyed, and winning many Season Final seats over the years, I travelled all over to take part in these Final's From Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool, and many other places.
As for money, I have to be honest and say yes I made money from winning games, or getting into the money on many occasions, but the reality is I just loved playing, the money was just a bonus for playing well. It was never my ambition to become wealthy from playing Poker, nor would I ever want to become a Professional Poker Player. For me being part of the game, and playing for fun has always been my one ambition, and as I have always said-

When the fun Stops! STOP!

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I started a weekly NLH game with friends about 18 years ago, and have played since

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
I play online poker since 2003
I left in 2006 due to my wife's illness and returned in 2022.
I'm trying to build a bankroll from scratch.
I have been seeing for more than 3 months what games I am really able to enlarge that bankroll.
I think my game in particular is Omaha PLO, although I also play a lot of Holdem especially MTT.
I am working a lot on what is cash PLO and NLH MTT.
Seeing where I can better compensate for the variance.
I just withdrew $100 because I needed it to make some purchases for a recent move.
A hug brother and good weekend:):):)

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing for over 7 years but playing more for fun. I started playing seriously less than a year ago.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started when i was 18 in 2016 and i loved every year of it

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 10 Years Im tired but i will be going to still play because im "commited"

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow...I think it was 2006ish when I started playing with some friends - basically a 6 man SNG home game once a month. I began playing both pokerstars and Full Tilt not long after that, until Black Friday. I had a nice little bankroll built up when they shut the sites down. Fortunately I got that cash back. I still play a little online at ignition, but long for the days of the action on FT and PS. Maybe one day they can be back in all 50 states.

I still make at least one trip to Vegas each year and play a handful of small tournaments around town.

I play less now than those early days, but seem to enjoy it more. When I retire (hopefully soon :cool: ), I will probably play a little more live poker.