How Many Poker Books Do You Read?

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D 25- one are missing - Super System 2 (Doyle Brunson)

Attachments

• KIRJAT.JPG
    KIRJAT.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 49
olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have several poker books, most until the time I already read about 10 poker books.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's even some decent 'poker books' out there for what you're describing here in this post.

Personally I've read a lot of poker books. As a guess I'd say around 75 books (& still have maybe 25 hardcopy at home & another 30+ on my e-reader).
:D 25- one are missing - Super System 2 (Doyle Brunson)

Which one('s) is/are your favorite and why? Just curious, because that's quite a big amount of books.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
none the truth , and if I read one, be more for the history of any player, none by teaching.
for me it is just a game of chance, in which you can enter some statistics like every game, but no luck there is nothing to do

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which one('s) is/are your favorite and why? Just curious, because that's quite a big amount of books.
My favorite - POT LIMIT OMAHA 8 REVEALED - brings up a few secrets that beginner doesn't immediately come to know.
Winning 7-Card Stud and HOW TO BEAT LOW-LIMIT 7-CARD STUD POKER - when the stud played a lot in a different poker room, these books were helpful to the game.

C

capazitation

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At least 6-7 favorite books of which Harrington on Hold'em in 3 volumes and bible Bobby

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Super System/Brunson, et.al.
Theory of Poker/Sklansky
Small Stakes NLHE/Miller, Mehta, Flynn
Polished PokerAnhalt (Because it was a freebie)

That's pretty much it. All these pretty much say the same things. Miller's advice differs very little from what Brunson wrote in the Hold 'Em sections of Super System. It's still the same game, and all that's really changed is the terminology.

The only truly break-through volume is Theory of Poker as this one isn't about what you do, but rather how to think, and reason why you do what you do.

W

wwwin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend to read at least 2 books, The Theory of Poker, and Super System 2. If you play live, I would also recommend Read 'em and Reap.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 or 5 books. The best is Harrington.

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been read some books between them; The green book of phill gordon!
But I have already read 6 books. Its good ^_^

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only read 1 poker book personally. However im always trying to learn through videos/cardschat forums/articles and most importantly PLAYING! ;)

That being said I have picked up a couple authors from this forum that i'll certainly be checking out :)

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None, I dont think it's really necessary & If you're looking for any help I think that IntelliPoker got some really good stuff to be read in their guides.

Poker is all about practice, if you are new then you should start playing with in game chips, that's know you'll get better.

F

franbx3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did not read any book, i prefer youtube.

C

CearaPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with our friend Runeloko, poker is the best experience to acquire pharma is playing and after reviewing their errors and eliminating them over time. And there is also a lot of material available on the network so that you can watch the professional poker game.

mezzodana

mezzodana

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I don't have a vast collection of poker books. Super System is my lone book. However, I learn by doing and watching. Hours upon hours of vids, live streams, social media, and articles have helped me improve tremendously over the years. :cool:

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few read Sklansky and Harrington, and generally try to watch video tutorials and regular stream of professional players.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only read the ones that I wrote :D

No but seriously, back in the day I read Sklansky, Miller, stuff like that. It was helpful.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've red non poker books.They are not as good as your own learning motivation and will.When there is motivation and will - there is success.I prefer to make my own strategies and unveil the aspects of the game myself,like a lonely man who is sitting all day and counting the stars back in mid ages when most of the legends were born.Most of the discoveries made and most of the inventions that led to this what we are right now.

K

keyrex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for dummies as a reference.
For enjoyment ones about entering tournaments and their experiences

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none. but ive watched tons of videos and discussed it thoroughly with friends. especially discussing different hand analysis, tournament strategies and cash strategies do help

DonDigiDon

DonDigiDon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reading books about poker - definitely a plus EV, a pity no time for it