How Many Poker Books Do You Read?

ayo

ayo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the Negreanu's book and strategy but it's something that I could never really do, I can't play loose on pokerstars for example, there's always a guy with KK or AK to kill my vibe.. lol

But there´s one really good called "Read 'em and Reap" by Phil Hellmuth in association with a former FBI agent specialized in body language in stuff like that. it's really very detailed and I don't think it will change that much your live game if you are playing once in a while on a club on the next corner, but if you are trying to live from poker, then I would really recommend it. it basically covers all kinds of tells that people give when they are playing poker and how to discover them

Phil's book seems very intersting. Thank you for providing that information. I ll try to get it.

R

Radiotelefonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not read yet any book because I do not like to read on the Internet. And I did not manage to find books on poker in bookstores of my city. I want to order the book in online store, but I do not know what yet to choose for the beginner. What you can advise?

V

Vesloval

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found Strategies for Beating Small Stake Poker Cash Games by Jonathan Little to be quite impressive. Although you have to have a good understanding of the game to follow it.

1prophecy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive never read any poker books...
ive been playing for years and i might occasionally read a clip from a magazine but thats it...

should i?

U

UrbanBourbon

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never read any texas hold em books, but then again I'm not that good at poker so that could be my problem.

S

snake666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read any book, and I don't gather! to play for pleasure, it isn't necessary to know much

1prophecy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so then its not a bad thing that i dont read any?

JAQK_T

JAQK_T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books ive read:
Harrington on Holdem vol. 1 - absolutely must for all tourney players. Covers the basics perfectly.

Small Stakes Poker Tournaments - very quick read (like 60 pages with diagrams). It has some great insights but its more of a blog than a book. I learnes a few key things from it.

Currently reading:
Poker Tournament Formula vol ll. - very good read so far. The author is pretty critical of past books even classics like HArrington and Selansky. But aside from that it has good advice for modern tournaments. Almost finished.

P

PricaC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only tutorials a couple of years ago written by champs :D but in the end the experience you get playing poker I think is much better than a book...that FEELING you need to have to know when to fold a strong hand or when to call a bluff can't be given by any books...

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All i can afford or that the library can get for me.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not usually read books, but that articles on the internet and in forums of poker, but I had the opportunity to read the book of Daniel Negreanu and they helped me a lot to keep improving. Besides the book in addition to teaching has amusing anecdotes. :)

P

pyrotheassassin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 so far, working on the seventh.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already read several even lost count but who like poker and want to be lucrative always have to be updated with the the evolution of the game

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read any of poker books but i watch a lot of poker streams and life tournaments.But I think a bit of the theory will not be superfluous.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a few on english, and only one on a croatian language.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books none eh read, if eh seen videos learning of plays and postings in general of the web and asking questions that I do today to improve the quality of my poker

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read analytical articles about poker. Learn from their mistakes

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
unfortunately books about poker, I have not read but watched a lot of video training !!!!

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a few, but here in my country it is difficult to obtain them

Floyd1994

Floyd1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My hands getting hot as hell when i even touch a book, no never read one but videos are as good as books, right ?

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a few books early on in learning how to play poker but I found a lot of it I had already learned through watching players or playing. The more advanced books got a little to heavy in the math and started to really impact my game,so I have taken a break from reading posts and books on how to play for the most part.

Harringtons three books are great for anyone wanting to learn the basics.

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive read about 5-6 poker books so far. The best ones Ive read are the 3 Volumes of Dan Harringtons "Harrington on Hold'em"