How many hours of poker is suitable for one day of play?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of the importance of the tournament/buy entry - cash game/blinds and so on and how comfortable you are with the stack you got.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played 7.5 hours straight one time. Way too much. I think 4 hours should be the limit, then at least 1/2 hour break.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I think that playing poker more than 6 hours a day is ineffective. The brain gets tired of constant concentration of attention. I am especially upset and indignant at the late registration for the amerikaskardrum. There are tournaments with five hours late registration. This is madness.

SharKyg1n

SharKyg1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MTT and there is no such time frame if the tournament is too long, but if I grind then I try to finish registering after 5 hours of the session and then how lucky with the end of the last tournament :rolleyes:

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think 5-6 hours is quite a lot. I will also get tired by the end of the 2-2.5 hour tournament and I will be impatient, even though this is when I should focus my best

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your training.Whether you are a professional or an amateur.Physical fitness is also important,how much can you play while feeling great at the tables ?.Play one tournament or play multiple tables?.On average, 6 or more than 8 hours.If it's a spin go you can take a break every hour

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, for example now I will spend a lot of time playing. To gain experience. As usual, at least 7 hours a day. I even set a schedule for myself)) To learn how to play professionally.

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 3-4 hours a day. On Saturday and Sunday I play longer because of the whole tournaments.

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 6 hours a day, it's ideal not to get tired

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weird question. How much food do you need per day? How much should you earn? In each case, the answer will be different for each person.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes play tournaments for 16 hours in one day

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on average I play 8 hours, I don't know the other players and even if 8 hours is enough

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how many hours is considered suitable but I wanted to give an example of my own experience. When I started playing poker in my mid 20s I played 10-15 hours everyday. I never felt fatigue or bored from playing. It was all I wanted to do. Now that I'm in my 40s if I play more than 2 hours I'm ready to tap out of the session or tournament. So I think age makes a big difference when calculating what is suitable.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife is trying to reduce my poker time from it's current status down to the weekends. What! Not happening. ...lol :eek:
I see, your girlfriend or wife says that 6-8 hours is too much and that you should play on weekends, I see where things are going. Don't be surprised that one day you are asked to quit poker for the sake of her love.:eek:

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s always changing, for me it usually mostly depends on how much I feel like playing, and if one feels like one, I just enjoy playing the game for hours and notice that I’ve been playing in the same tournament for hours and even winning.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that only 4 hours should be enough, it stresses me to play much more.:rolleyes:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I know the day will come when she wants to to focus my poker attention on her and then the discussion will have to be made. Unless I start earning an substantial income playing poker and then there will be nothing to say about giving up poker.....waiting for that day...lol 😆 🤣 😂

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont understand, how someone can say the exactly hours of playing poker every day. Some days i feel better stop after 30 min. sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes after 6 hours or more.

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 3 - 4 hours a day if i play a tournament longer, Good luck Bro

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I recently had a intense debate about how many hours of poker is too much for one day? I had completed a very long tournament and was thinking about entering another when I was warned against it. It was argued that 6-8 hours of poker in one day is excessive. I disagree with this assessment, what do you think?

It is practically impossible to point this out.
The amount of hours will vary from person to person.

The question that must be asked is: How many hours do you support playing poker well?

That is, it is not enough to play, you have to be comfortable and reasoning to have results.

Playing out is just losing money.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Without lying or being exaggerated there have been days when I have been sitting for more than 12 hours playing pure freeroll, I still don't have a bank but I hope to do it playing freeroll is one of the reasons why I subscribed to cardschat ...