How many hours of poker is suitable for one day of play?

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of 24 hours, 8 hours for job and about 8 hours for sleep. So you are left with 8 hours and you have to accommodate playing poker within this time. While you have other matters to address, i think 3 to 4 hours play daily is suitable and won't create any problem.
However, on holidays you can play lengthy hours, say up to 8 hours depending on your mental and physical situation.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enough for win a tourney. I think it's 4-6 hours.​

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say that the optimal period of play is when you feel good and fresh, when you start betting without realizing anything, I think it would be time to take a break and come back the next day.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your business at the poker table is not in your favor (you are constantly being moved, not a single draw of yours is closed and you constantly get coolers in your favor), then you need to shorten your gaming sessions. When you play in a depressed state, and it will certainly come, when negative fluctuations of variance overtake you, you will not be able to demonstrate your game and make the right decisions. Moreover, in such conditions, you can even stop being a positive regular. So, the key to winning poker is to increase the time at the tables when you are thinking clearly and play your game, and to minimize it when you are unable to.

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is determined by you, it depends on your state of mind, health, state of comfort, security, clarity of thought, statistics, time availability, commitments, in fact for me there are endless factors that influence my playing time , but a maximum of 3 or 4 hours will be enough for me, and only if I have already fulfilled my

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes 4-6 hours on average, depending on your mood and, of course, your free time.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

It may seem like a lot, but when you get hooked on the game, time flies by fast.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys,

I am playing like four hours a day. I know that it is not enough to improve my game. I hope I will find more time to play in the future.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For beginners, no more than 1-2 hours in a row, professionals can take longer, but with small breaks. For each particular player, it will depend individually on the number of tables, on how the cards are dealt, and the general psychological state of the player. There is no point in playing without a break for 4-8 hours, just because some PRO did it. In general, there are many factors that affect the game: the number of tables, shorten the session when you are poorly dealt, the level of skill, and so on.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently had a intense debate about how many hours of poker is too much for one day? I had completed a very long tournament and was thinking about entering another when I was warned against it. It was argued that 6-8 hours of poker in one day is excessive. I disagree with this assessment, what do you think?

Since poker requires a lot of concentration of attention and work of the brain, the best solution would be to play no more than 10 hours a day if you play seriously ... And if this is a hobby, then 3-5 hours a day is quite enough :jd4::jd4:

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 hours per day with SNGs until 10 hours with tournaments.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently play a lot of texas holdem poker hands daily since I don't I am working and I have the possibility to play a lot with each hand that I play, sometimes I win, sometimes I learn and sometimes I see how incredible the pokers is:D

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's up to yours. Many players play 6hs per day, but if you play live, you could play more. I played over 24hs/ session in live :)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. Never forget to take breaks not only for your br but for your mental and physical health.
But if we are talking for just one day, probably 24h is the limit of playing.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me I can play for several hours every day, other days I may not play at all, it depends on my frame of mind and if I want to achieve some kind of goal. At the moment I have no goals, so usually just play the Freeroll's offered by Cardschat on pokerstars, although on Fridays I never usually take part.
The reason is I do need a break, and if I have no challenge I want to complete like the throwables etc, I just won't bother, I gave up on them ages ago and probably won't bother with them in the Future.
If Pokerstars start a series that I become interested in then things may change but I don't hold my breath,
The fun has certainly dwindle over the last 12 months with Covid etc but I cannot see me returning to Live games for a while yet.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently had a intense debate about how many hours of poker is too much for one day? I had completed a very long tournament and was thinking about entering another when I was warned against it. It was argued that 6-8 hours of poker in one day is excessive. I disagree with this assessment, what do you think?
I usually play between 2 and 6 hours a day. But then again, I'm no longer in my prime. Once upon a time I could last 24 hours at the tables if the game was good and I was winning a lot.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's different for everyone. Someone can play 8 hours a day without losing concentration, and for someone an hour is enough to start playing worse

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Its again question what do you want poker to be yourself, -income,hobby,just random fun,etc.

For me its has been,and what its now more also, 1h-3h night of fun, up to back 10 years when playing cash games over 60h straight up. 😊

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me 4 hours is the limit. I divide it into 2 x 2. Except, of course, when I play a tournament. Then I try to rest in the 5 minute breaks. But I find it straining nevertheless. The screen and the concentration give me headaches.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have it available to play, eight hours of gameplay for me is ideal. But if my time is short, I play at least an hour a day. This in online mode.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Depends on what you play, but in 3-4 hours, I think you can achieve results in the longer term. If you only play a cash game you can achieve results in less time.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's 2 sides to this coin. One side is if you wanna be better then everyone else. You gotta play more then everyone else. Also I think that you should be able to recognize when your game starts to slide and be able to pin point how many hours are profitable and how many are losing hours. For me it's around 10 hours. After 10 hours I gotta stop

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The total time spent playing poker during the day is different. It all depends on many factors: the availability of free time; luck in the tournament; fatigue; the attitude of the family to the game of poker, etc. But for me, the interval is from 30 minutes to 6 hours. Not every day.