How to keep your nerves calm when in nervous situations in poker

ElUsuario

ElUsuario

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink water and I try to remember a similar situation that has occurred in the past and I reflect the way how I acted

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
i need to calm my nerves right now couse im recieving a lot of bad beats!

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is a difficult issue to handle because I can hardly handle my nerves that in most cases culminate in anger, only hurting me.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a few seconds and think i need to keep the calm, and study your options in the table and and do what you need to do.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished the game and relax.

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to stay calm and not be frustrated u have to get out from table for a moment until u come down .take a breath call some friends to talk and evacuate all stress

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to control nervousness, but sometimes being nervous is natural. The problem is when nerves lead to stress. If you are afraid to lose, then don't play. I'm not sure of the stats, but the best players in the world only actually "win" (not place) a small percentage of time.

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take some deep breathes and given enough time, I actually spin around in my chair a couple of times before I make a decision. This usually helps me slow down and be patient, especially when it's an all-in situation for my tournament life.

D

DzikMenel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hazard like smoke and i smoke a lot of cigaretes:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when I notice that I get nervous, I put on pause and stop playing (even if it is a tournament), I understand that to lose more if I continue to play in this condition))) go to smoke and drink coffee)))

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not yet succeeded to calm my nerves down. I am a emotional person generally. That is a problem that I have to solve if I want to become a better player.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music, green tea and breaks for an hour or more - it helps me to keep calm.
It is important for me in a difficult moment distracted by something else and forget about the troubles at the table.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the young players at the beginning of his career, going through such times. Over time, it will pass. Experience will make its job

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its comes with time imo. You will naturally start to get less nervous the more you play. It also helps when you play within your bankroll.

M

Mateuzao VS

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing in online to keep my nerves down I put some classic music to calm myself

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed such a moment ,if you play first in the tournament and then cash games the focus as before is not the same,tell me what to do in such situations

N

nafanyalg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always before an important step, trying to assess his actions and playing the hand. Don't play this hand, else there will be a lot of hands. Is it worth the risk with this hand - that is the main issue. How do you assess the situation you're in.

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting away from the nervousness in the game of poker

I escape from all the bs in my life when I play poker..chewing gum usually helps me a lot and drinking beer

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Work Out!!!!

working out is very important!!
lets you sit tight and not doing something stupid like shuving Q-10 off suit on the bubble lol!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
deep breath, ice tea, chill music. Thats my idea to keep distance from nerves.

but it's not working as long time:S

Some good advice here .
Also if you wanna stay calm in nervous situations , if yousmoke , smoke like hell ,hehe... IF you lose chips don't think about it , think chips like stones or sth irrelevant , sth you don't care , not money , so you relax .Try larger breaks , 2-4 mins before the actual break begins , if/when you're nervous ,then you will be closing your eyes and relaxing completely as if you were sleeping

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I escape from all the bs in my life when I play poker..chewing gum usually helps me a lot and drinking beer

Chewing gum I have not enjoyed the game thanks for the advice will try to be sure))

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
working out is very important!!
lets you sit tight and not doing something stupid like shuving Q-10 off suit on the bubble lol!!!

Thanks for the advice certainly will try to use it)

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe this youtube video should help you from controlling your emotion.