How to keep your nerves calm when in nervous situations in poker

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its all about your mind. Just try to say to yourself "I can keep calm" and its alright.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may not have the best poker face but I try and imagine that I have a winning hand even when I don't. I want to seem happy, confident, like it's a great thing if you call me.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im usually only nervous if Im playing outside of my bankroll. After all tomorrow is another day:)

I have to take a break after a bad beat. And must remid myself that I too give others a bad beat occasionally.

I agree with you,very nice to get tips from girls:D

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the business is to relax and only bet when you have a strong hand , careful not to let other players intimidate you

good advice,but how to do so in order not to be frightened at the right moment?how to overcome fear?

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may not have the best poker face but I try and imagine that I have a winning hand even when I don't. I want to seem happy, confident, like it's a great thing if you call me.

all right confidence always should be

billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a long-term approach is helpful. I would say staying calm is a combination of things. Eating healthy, exercise, and lots of experience to build confidence in your own abilities. Becoming an expert at anything means you wont become nervous even at the highest level so you can perform at your best. Learning strategy, tactics, and then having ability to put them into practice. Also, nothing wrong with wanting to win, but also being able to deal with losing helps as well. The healthiest, knowledgeable, confident, and experienced players are going to stay the calmest in every situation.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helps me to listen to music while playing poker

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that nothing can't be better then time. Only time could heal the injury of lost. However, right after you lose, just close the table and poker client and start do something else (go kitchen, go bathroom, or in the yard), play your pets....
In this case, do not forget save the hand history to make sure in the future you will make work on mistake.

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink a water, listen calm music, think in other things, and say to myself "keep calm" sometimes this is the best way to really keep calm, your brain comand your body to it.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a long-term approach is helpful. I would say staying calm is a combination of things. Eating healthy, exercise, and lots of experience to build confidence in your own abilities. Becoming an expert at anything means you wont become nervous even at the highest level so you can perform at your best. Learning strategy, tactics, and then having ability to put them into practice. Also, nothing wrong with wanting to win, but also being able to deal with losing helps as well. The healthiest, knowledgeable, confident, and experienced players are going to stay the calmest in every situation.

thank you very good and correct answer I think many will take note

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that nothing can't be better then time. Only time could heal the injury of lost. However, right after you lose, just close the table and poker client and start do something else (go kitchen, go bathroom, or in the yard), play your pets....
In this case, do not forget save the hand history to make sure in the future you will make work on mistake.

good advice not once did so.really helps

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink a water, listen calm music, think in other things, and say to myself "keep calm" sometimes this is the best way to really keep calm, your brain comand your body to it.

also not bad advice but the music is stopping, at least to me))

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just turn on classical music and make some tea.It's enough to calm down and focus on game.

M

Master_z4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the Russians have a saying: "unlucky at cards - lucky in love." when I have no luck in poker, I'm going to have sex - helps =)

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
favorite spin & go's,play quietly,but falls X6, and more,changing like a substitute,I'm starting to do not even nonsense,and some nonsense,and nothing helps in this case

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day to all,I want to share my success,I read a lot of tips in this topic, many really helped me to control myself and get to the final table,not taking drugs ,not prima alcohol,not listening to music in General who wonder how to keep their emotions in check and not do something stupid in the game failures then read the advice of people they really help,and write your cases

K

karakonjel1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to smoke hookah while playing . It works for me

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just quit de table for a moment and take sone fresh air.

H

hype80

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
would behaving slightly erratic every so often be frowned upon, then when u feel "edgy" or nervous" you could act erratic to cover your emotions?

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the advice,you are helping many people to overcome their emotions.